Developmental disorders/learning disabilities/genetic syndromes & more support group

We heard about school this morning :) We got our first choice so it means should be an easy transition. We are meeting with them a fortnight today to discuss :happydance:

Are you happy with the choice you were allocated Rach?

Thats great :)
Yes we got our first choice which we are pleased with. There is still the slight chance that we may change our mind when we have to allocate a school on the statement but i think we will go with our first choice school because it makes more sense to have both children at the same school :thumbup:

Racha and Moggy good to hear about your schooling situation. Glad you were both able to get schools of your choosing. :happydance: Hope the kiddos do well in their schools.

Bumpin less than a month left...... little lady still sideways? I hope she has flipped for you. Had an ob appointment today myself and the wee bean is growing and doing good. My thyroid levels are slightly out of range so an increase in meds. That's a little concerning but the tests were just slightly out of whack and the baby is growing well so doc says no worries.

Had DD's MBS (swallow study) today and news was good and bad. No reflux but it takes her several times swallowing to clear her mouth of even very small bites of food. Basically her muscles are weak and she is a very slow eater. Not really news to me as it takes FOREVER for her to eat more than a morsel. Always has. So we start the new feeding classes at the rehab hospital. I really hope they have some tricks to help her. She has been eating a lot better lately so some of the oral therapies are working we just have to up our game so to speak. This means more appointments on top of my ob appointments though. Struggling for balance with it all:wacko:

yeppers. Still being stubborn. I'm booked for an ECV at 38 weeks if she hasn't turned. My dr is likely going to be doing a growth scan at that time as well, little miss seems to be experiencing the same growth issues that G had in utero :( Its early, but the pattern has been identical so far. So we wait and see.

Glad to hear things seem to be going well with your pregnancy Essie

Moggy and RachA: glad things are going well with school placements! that must be a huge relief :)

:hugs: glad she's not got reflux essie good luck with the therapy!

T starts rebound therapy soon. Basically he gets to jump on a massive trampoline to strengthen his joints and muscles :)

Today I'm glad Thomas is delayed. We had our eldest dog put to sleep and before we got to the vet she was fitting in the house. He doesn't know what's happened so I've not had to explain. He's not even noticed she's not here anymore.

Sorry to hear about your dog hun :hugs: I've got a little Jack Russell mix and she's very much a part of the family. It's hard to lose em :hugs: I don't think DD would notice if Tizz was gone either. She will pat her and play with her from time to time but to really understand if she was gone, I don't think she could. Really sorry for your loss dear :hugs:

Bumpin has her growth stalled out or something? I hope everything is ok with her:hugs: Sometimes near the end the placenta doesn't do such a good job anymore. We had similar issues with DD. Her growth slowed down near 38 weeks. She had caught up by the time I had my c-section though and I think she would have been fine if she hadn't gotten stuck during the operation. It's hard not to worry, even after they are born:hugs:

I'm not sure what's she's going to do. I'm hoping the issues G had were isolated to him. I stopped gaining any weight with him around 32 weeks, and then at 36 weeks my fundal height was 35, by 41 weeks, it was only. 36.5. We always thought that it was because I was so sick. I had a BPP done at 39 weeks and it seemed fine, only that he was going to be small.

This pregnancy had been so different, but I haven't gained weight since 32 weeks, despite my best efforts (I'm eating a TON) and last week (36 weeks) my fundal height was 35... if it wasn't due to my previous experience, I wouldn't think anything of it. I see my Dr again next week, if my fundal height is not at least 37, she's going to do another BPP, and check her growth. My Dr thinks that I might just be a woman who grows small babies (less than 7 lbs) and that it doesn't mean this baby will be sick like G was, or have the developmental/feeding issues that he had.

Sorry about your dog Sequeena. Pets are family members too, and it's hard to lose them. :hugs:

Sorry I've been away ladies! Been stressfully moving house! We are in now but still lots of sorting to do and Charlie has gotten very violent! She is purposely hurting us and her baby sister, she keeps hitting her with things :-( lots of bruises!

Quick question! I'm in a dilemma! Charlie still needs a pushchair all the time, she won't walk! She just drops and rolls however only 9 months ago I purchased a £600 double oyster max pushchair that is perfect! However today I noticed that she is over the weight limit for toddler seat and have read one story of someone's seat unit snapping as the toddler was to heavy!
I need a double that will take a 2 1/2 stone toddler and a baby?? Tandem, not side by side and she won't sit on the bottom seat?
Anyone shed some light? I'm worried to use mine which leaves us stranded!

fairly sure the Phil and Teds used to carry a 25kg child in the front seat and a smaller one in the rear....saying that I think they were bringing out a 20kg front and 20kg back version when we bought ours....that was 4 years ago though.

yeppers. Still being stubborn. I'm booked for an ECV at 38 weeks if she hasn't turned. My dr is likely going to be doing a growth scan at that time as well, little miss seems to be experiencing the same growth issues that G had in utero :( Its early, but the pattern has been identical so far. So we wait and see.

Glad to hear things seem to be going well with your pregnancy Essie

Moggy and RachA: glad things are going well with school placements! that must be a huge relief :)

Hope things go well for you at the ECV. :flower:

Just popped in here to say we got our daughter into a social group. Its going to be a bit inconvenient, but hopefully worth it! Sounds like there is one more girl her age in it. I am a bit concerned about her being introduced to more germs, but, she has done pretty good these past two years, so I am trying to stress less. Who knew she could go a whole year without being admitted to the hospital?!

Thanks ladies. I *think* she may have flipped... had a night of super painful movements, and now I seem to be feeling most of her movements by my ribs. We will find out on Tuesday if it's needed :)

Jasmak-that sounds good :)

Bumpin-hoping that she has turned for you. Without sounding too dense-what's an ECV?

It's called external cephalic version. Basically they try and manually move and turn the baby from the outside. They do an ultrasound during, to make sure baby is safe. It's apparently effective 2/3 attempts. I've heard it's rather painful, so I'm hoping to avoid it. It had to be done in the operating room, in case something goes wrong and baby is distressed, they will do an emergent csection. (Very rare)

It's not something you'd hear about unless you are facing one! I really feel like she's head down now... so here's hoping I'm right :)

Thanks-I've heard of it but didn't know it had a proper name.
Hope you get to avoid it though :)

Thanks ladies. I *think* she may have flipped... had a night of super painful movements, and now I seem to be feeling most of her movements by my ribs. We will find out on Tuesday if it's needed :)

Good luck! I was booked for an ECV (in midwife's office), but in the end I didn't need one as baby flipped the night before! Fingers crossed yours flips before the ECV too. If baby was frank breech we would have had a natural birth, but he was footling so very glad he flipped!

Jasmak - Great news! xo

:wave: hello everyone I hope you're all well :D

Thomas started a pre school disability project today and I am bursting with pride! He did cry and fell over a lot but he did it :D it's 2 hours every Monday and the nursery workers are so good with him. I am so excited to see where this takes us!

Awesome news about Ts therapy sequeena. He will do great :hugs:

We lost our bean today and I narrowly avoided a hysterectomy. I had to have 2 units of blood and was intubated and have incisions in my abdomen from a laproscopy. DH is freaked out and says no more babies, it's too dangerous to try. For now, I agree. Hate to rain bad news on everyone but I figure you guys should know since I chat in here often. I'm pretty numb about it and just ready to heal up and focus on DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->