did another HPT at 5w1d does this look normal?!!

jenmcn1

Expecting baby #4:)
Reaction score
I'm about 5w1d pregnant with baby#3. I did a pregnancy test this afternoon, and this is what I got! Is this normal?!! Its SO dark compared to the control line, or is something wrong with the test?!! Anyone else have this before?

Attachments

• Kelowna-20131010-02897.jpg
    Kelowna-20131010-02897.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 24
the only test i did with DS, the test line was WAY darker than the control. it picks up the concentration of the preg hormone, that's why ppl line spot, watching for the tests to get darker and darker.

Hiya I had the same thing happen to me I tested at 6 weeks I was shocked to find the control line so light I read it on a forum it means your hcg levels are so high it's stripped the dye from the control line the woman phoned up FRER helpline and that's what she got told I hope this helps I was relieved when I read this

Hiya I had the same thing happen to me I tested at 6 weeks I was shocked to find the control line so light I read it on a forum it means your hcg levels are so high it's stripped the dye from the control line the woman phoned up FRER helpline and that's what she got told I hope this helps I was relieved when I read this

Perfect thank you for replying! I was kinda worried/shocked. I mean I realize of course that the line gets darker and darker the more your pregnancy progresses...but...I didn't realize that the hormone is so high it strips the color out of the control line! I feel MUCH better! Thank you!! I was thinking it was a faulty test or something!

Your very welcome I thought the same the pack was faulty i was going to go out and buy another pack then I found the forum it's amazing how the tests react the further along the pregnancy you get :)

It means that the test is that positive it's pulling dye from the control line which is wonderful to see :)

Wow really? Because I was about to say this happened to me, too! The first test I did with a dip strip First Response with FMU (even though you can do any time of day) when I was only 5 weeks or thereabouts (thought I was further along because of last menstrual period but later scan showed 5 weeks) and my test line became WAY darker than the control line, even again later on that day the test line was darker. That is so interesting! Thanks for this bit of info!

So yes, jenmcn1, the same thing happened when I tested! :hugs: Congrats!

My frer did exactly the same when I was about 5 weeks I think. I took it as a very good sign lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->