Did anyone conceive month after MC with no AF in between?

hi there,

my drs have never said to wait for physical reason only mental, as the previous poster has said, its if you could cope with another mc.

I miscarried 15th of Jan this year and found out I was pregnant on 17th of Feb and I'm 13 weeks and baby is fine so far, so it's a personal choice.

After previous miscarriages my DH wanted to wait a month, mainly for us to get our brain round things mentally and heal a bit, I think our partners just want us to be happy and protect us.

Thank you so much we decided to put it in GOd's hands and we arent preventing or trying! Hope to be here soon!

Glad you've reached a decision you're happy with :thumbup:

I mc'd naturally at 5 weeks in February 2009, and after 5 days of bleeding i took a pregnancy test in EPU and it was negative already. In total i bled for one week. We had mixed advice, the nurses in EPU advised us to wait one cycle, although they said the consultants there usually recommended at least two. The leaflet they gave us from the miscarriage association though said there was no reason to wait (physically) and to just try again once we were emotionally ready.

Initially we were very anxious so once we started DTD again we went back to using protection, but it felt all wrong, we both really wanted to be trying for a baby, not preventing one. So a fortnight later, we ditched the protection, i ovulated that day and our baby was conceived and born in the November a healthy and beautiful boy :cloud9:

More recently i had a twin miscarriage and ERPC at 9 weeks, this time we both knew that physically and emotionally it wouldn't be the right thing to try again right away so we took a break and waited for my first AF to show first. Although even then, the nurses and doctors we spoke to, and the literature they gave us at the time, said that even after an ERPC there would be no harm in getting pregnant again right away and that it depended on how we felt emotionally.

Hope that helps a little and good luck :hugs: i hope you don't have long to wait for your stick :bfp:

thank you so much! Did your doctor get mad when you went back in so soon?

JulianasMommy - I with the other posters. do what's right for you. I had my 2nd M/C (natural) on March 14th at about 6 weeks. I bled for 10 days and followed up with my doctors office for bloodwork until my HCG level went back down. It was an 8 at my last appointment on March 23rd. My doctor told me to wait at least 1 cycle this time. We weren't trying this month but we didn't use protection either. At about day 37 of waiting for AF to arrive I decided to take a HPT... it was BFP!! I took another yesterday and same thing. As the others have said I wonder if you are more fertile after a M/C... we only did the BD twice during that time and a week apart, I have an appt on May 6th to see how far along I am because I really don't know.

Good luck!!! :flower:

thank you so much! Did your doctor get mad when you went back in so soon?

Noooo not at all, the only thing that was a little tricky was the fact that every time any health professional asked me for the date of my last period i had to explain that i hadn't had one since my mc, but because the mc was early and natural they used the first day of my mc instead until i had a scan and then our due date got moved forward by one day :thumbup:

My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 11 weeks. I waited two cycles and got pregnant and had my son. My second miscarriage I had was at 5 weeks and I intended to wait per MD recommendations, but I got pregnant right away and had a healthy daughter. My 5th pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks and I needed a D&C. 5 cycles later I am 20 weeks pregnant and still hoping everything works out well. I think physically you should be fine. No matter how long you wait I think that each subsequent pregnancy is going to be difficult. at least it is for me.

I miscarried in June of 2010 and conceived this LO in July with no AF :)

After my d&c on March 31 and initially, my doctor told me to wait one cycle. I just went to my post-op appointment today, four weeks later, and I asked him if it would be bad for me to get pregnant before my first period. He said absolutely not, and that the only reason he told us to wait was for dating purposes. He then told me that if I got pregnant before my first period, he would not have a problem at all, but that he had been concerned with how I would deal with it because there would be confusion as to how far along I was.

He made me feel a lot better about it, so we are definitely going to be NTNP for the rest of this cycle. I have no idea if I have ovulated yet or not. My doctor advised me to take a pregnancy test if I haven't gotten a period within 3-4 weeks.

I have read several posts about the dating being the issue, but can't they give you a date as soon as you have your first scan?

I hope thats the case with mine because I too conceived right after my March MC (unintentionally) so I hope that's not an issue. My first appt is March 12th and I should be about 8 weeks then.

Beach, if I'm reading your post correctly, it looks like you got pregnant RIGHT after your M/C which I think I did too. My OB said if this is a true pregnancy, then we would just use my M/C date as CD1 and use scans to get a true date. Sending sticky baby dust your way :)

I have read several posts about the dating being the issue, but can't they give you a date as soon as you have your first scan?

I hope thats the case with mine because I too conceived right after my March MC (unintentionally) so I hope that's not an issue. My first appt is March 12th and I should be about 8 weeks then.

Yes, I would think a scan would clear up most of the confusion. My doctor did say that, due to my history, I will now be getting scans at 6-7 weeks, as well as 9-10 weeks, so if I were to get pregnant before my next period, I wouldn't be worried about it.

:) Thanks Loves! Now i just have to see if I am pregnant! I hope so!

Beach, if I'm reading your post correctly, it looks like you got pregnant RIGHT after your M/C which I think I did too. My OB said if this is a true pregnancy, then we would just use my M/C date as CD1 and use scans to get a true date. Sending sticky baby dust your way :)

That's the date I used but I wonder if it will be off slightly. I think I might have OV later than usual due to the MC. Not sure. I am hoping doc can confirm date at my first appointment. O:)

Beach, I conceived right after miscarriage and had my first scan at 7 weeks and baby was measuring 4 days behind LMP(which was technically miscarriage) but my doctor said not to worry bout changing my EDD so I just kept going by the first day of miscarriage bleed and when I had my 20 week scan he was completely caught up and measuring right on the date for Day 1 of pregnancy and Day 1 of miscarriage bleed being the same day. I recently had another scan at 27 weeks and he is 49th percentile for growth so smack average, so in my experience dating him has never been any issue at all.

I think its more of an issue if you go a few months without getting a period and then find out you are pregnant, thats where the confusion comes in because you could have gotten pregnant right away and be months along or you may just not have ovulated for a few months and you are only a few weeks along. I think as long as you got pregnant within the first month of your miscarriage, then dating shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Thanks MarinesWife and Congrats!!! It is always good to hear about others getting preg right after a MC and having a happy and healthy pregnancy. Definitely helps put my mind at ease some (as much as possible for my past).
Thats good to know about the dating. Thanks!!! I have been tracking my BBT and although it looks kinda crazy with the MC I know when we did the BD so I think I should be pretty close on the dating, I will be able to report back in 2 weeks on it!!! O:)

congrats on your LO!! and I know it can be so worrying coming straight off a miscarriage but as sad as they are miscarriages really prepare your body for pregnancy in a lot of cases so try not to worry and enjoy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->