Did anyone conceive month after MC with no AF in between?

JulianasMommy

Two awesome kiddos! :)
Reaction score
So long story short I Mc at 5 weeks on April 5th naturally, bled for 6 days and it was over. Went to the doctor on Mon (yesterday) and he told me my hcg was down to zero, uterus was back down to size, but he said to try after 2 cycles!!! WHAT?! Why cant we try now??? He said my uterine lining had to be built up again... his exact words to explain it to me were... "it's like getting a haircut" i guess meaning it wouldnt be full??? idk. But since i was only (not trying to offend anyone) 5 weeks and everything happened naturally (no D &C ) shouldnt it be ok??? UGH To make matters worse i told DH and he want to follow doctors orders :cry:

The uterus does not take months to be built up again after your miscarriage. You shed the lining to your uterus every month when you have your period. The guidelines may be different if you had a D&C. The only real reasons to wait are that it can be difficult to date the pregnancy and for emotional reasons.

Several studies do suggest that you are more fertile and more likely to have a healthy pregnancy if you conceive within three months after a miscarriage.

There are several of us on here who conceived just a few weeks after a miscarriage and are currently having healthy pregnancies. Even though I'd never tell someone to go against their doctor's advice....it's basically up to you.

Good luck and I'm sorry for your loss!

Thanks ladies! :hugs: I'm doing it! I agree with you andella... it happens every month and i was only 5 weeks and just bled one extra day nothing too bad either, just bad cramps but bleeding was pretty normal.

Hi,
My OH and I were NTNP and got pregnant the first time....I MC @ roughly 5 weeks on October 29th and it was devastating. I had started with stomach cramps and then went to the toilet and lost a lot of blood and tissue, i knew from looking at it that i had lost the baby. We went to the early pregnancy unit and my pregnancy tests were already showing negative. I had a scan and they confirmed that nearly everything was gone. The doctor said there was no medical/physical reason not to get pregnant again straight away, only that we may need more time emotionally and it could be hard to date the pregnancy with no AF in between. I bled for 5 days. We decided to NTNP and got pregnant straight away again. We conceived exactly 7 days later on November 5th. The doctor said the baby had died probably a week or so before i started to bleed so it seems i ovulated straight away.
I am 26 weeks pregnant this week! :)
I hope this helps and good luck to you. Xx

I had a natural miscarriage at 7 weeks 1 day on the 15th of March... 2 weeks later I conceived and am now 5 weeks 1 day pregnant so I'm praying this is a sticky bean :) hehe. The midwife after my miscarriage said to wait 1 cycle but if I did start trying before then (which I did) it'll make the chance of miscarriage no higher, and also... I would only get pregnant if my body was ready. They only tell you to wait apparently so your cycle can get back to normal and they can get the due date more accurate. It's your choice hun, at the end of the day, you're body won't get pregnant if it's not ready... so in my personal opinion (what I did) start trying when your emotionally ready and time will come :) xxx

I did. Mc in jan this year at 12 weeks. Now 8 weeks + 5 and scan tomorrow. Scared!!

But my midwife and gp said no need to wait.

X

I did. Mc in jan this year at 12 weeks. Now 8 weeks + 5 and scan tomorrow. Scared!!

But my midwife and gp said no need to wait.

X

So sorry for your loss! I miscarried Oct 13 at exactly 5 weeks, bled for 5 days, levels were at 0, and I conceived this baby Oct 27 (pretty sure) and he is now a healthy growing baby boy kicking me right now! :) I guess you are more fertile after a miscarriage so I would think now is the perfect time! I dont want to go against your doctor as I have no medical training at all, but mine never told me to wait and physically everything went and is going fine. Good luck! I hope it all works out for you!!

I did too :)

I had my first mc at 8 weeks and waited for 14 weeks for my first af, had that one then got bfp. Digital went from 1-2 then 2-3 but then back to 1-2 and lost all early signs I'd had.

I'd been unable to get to the docs because I had my daughter over the 6 weeks hols so when I finally got there he sent me up to epu saying I would either be 12 weeks pregnant or had a mmc. Scan showed 5+2 but no heartbeat so had to go back 10 days later, we all suspected mmc but they had to make sure. Went back and it had grown to 6+5 with heartbeat :)

We worked it out from that first bfp after mc to where we were at and there was a window of less that 14 days from miscarrying to conceiving again (after waiting 14 weeks for af first time). The weird thing is I only had a tiny bleed from that second mc, hardly anything at all but no af in between.

Go for it, as someone said your body wont get pregnant until it is ready too, good luck! x

Thanks! I just don't know what to do.... i keep going back and forth... my head is telling me " try and you could have a healthy pregnancy like you all" then 5 min later i am telling myself " listen to your doctor he knows better" but i think he tells that to anyone who miscarries... kwim? I had a very early MC, not even a sack was found at the ultrasound. It happened naturally, no D&C. HCG back to zero, uterus baack down to size. ugh i just dont know :cry: O is around the corner... HELP!

I pray that God will let me know what he wants me to do but i just don't know

I CAN'T tell you to go against your doctors advice, lol. But, a lot of doctors are really old-fashioned and tell people things with no basis in fact...they just say it.

I guess the question is...if you did get pregnant again right away, and you miscarried again - would you blame yourself, even though the studies show that it doesn't increase your chances of miscarriage, but just the opposite? If you tried again, and it didn't work right away, could you cope with that?

Good luck!

I CAN'T tell you to go against your doctors advice, lol. But, a lot of doctors are really old-fashioned and tell people things with no basis in fact...they just say it.

I guess the question is...if you did get pregnant again right away, and you miscarried again - would you blame yourself, even though the studies show that it doesn't increase your chances of miscarriage, but just the opposite? If you tried again, and it didn't work right away, could you cope with that?

Good luck!

Seriously?! OMG I LOVE YOU ! where did you hear this??? BTW I was stalking your pregnancy journal today and i loved it. :thumbup:

I COULD cope with it not happening, but with mc i would wonder... and he would probably say thats why.

I've read the studies....can't find them now (i have had a lot of training in epidemiology, so it's what I do, lol). This isn't from a journal or anything, but has some sources listed.
https://miscarriage.about.com/od/faqs/f/tryingagain.htm

In Feb I had a miscarriage and am pregnant now the very next cycle/month without my normal period in between. I believe I was around 5 weeks when it happened. I didn't see a need to wait, as from what I've read you're more fertile right after a miscarriage, which seems to be true because we hit the mark. Now just hoping for a sticky bean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->