Did anyone fly when they were pregnant?

LIZZY55

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone flew when they were pregnant. If you did, how far pregnant were you?
How far into your pregnancy can you fly?
I'm trying for another baby but also want to go on holiday in Spring. Just wondered what was safe.

You can fly up to 28 weeks without needing a letter from yoru GP confirming safe to fly. I believe you can up to 32 or 34 weeks with a letter. I flew back from Cuba at 27 weeks and didn't need to provide proof of gestation or anything

ETA - I also flew to Poland at 11 weeks. Both trips were fine xx

Hey. I flew when i was pregnant. Once at 22 weeks and once at 33 weeks. Both were fine. 22 weeks was a 6 hour flight( went of my honey moon. had a great time) and 33 weeks was a 4 hour flight ( went to the lake for just over a week also had a great time). At 33 weeks i was a bit uncomfortable but I was quite large. As for when can you fly up to it depends on the airline. I had to call a few to get their up to dates. A few of the airlines needed a note from a doctor stating i was not high risk and was allowed to fly. Some said cute off was 34 others says 36. I think you'll just need to call the airlines and ask what their cut of date is and make sure you'd be flying home before it. Hope this helps.

ETA: i didnt need a letter for any of my pregnancy flights. not even my return flight at 34.5 weeks.

I flew to Turkey when I was 28 weeks, and flew home when I was 30 weeks. I needed a 'fitness to fly' letter off my doctor.
Personally, I wouldn't recommend going on holiday that far into a pregnancy. I didn't have a good time at all.
xx

I flew twice. I flew at 14 weeks and again at 25 weeks. I was too tiny for them to know I was pregnant though.

I flew three times when I was pregnant, once when I was probably a few days pregnant, and the second & third time when I was around 3 months, however I had no idea I was pregnant either time (I didn't figure it out until I was almost 4 months!) and I had no adverse effects, infact what I now realise was morning sickness actually stopped when I was in the air! Both were long haul trips, first home from Florida and second and third to there and back to New york, both from the UK

I flew to Ibiza when i was 10 weeks, only problem i had was on the way there it was an early flight and i felt sooo sick, i just asked to be close to the toilet and told them why. If i had thought about it i would have paid for express boarding.

I flew at 9 weeks pregnant with my (now 4 year old) daughter.

I flew to Australia and back at 14 and 17 weeks. My MW said it's better to fly during early pregnancy (2nd tri especially) purely because you're most comfortable - morning sickness usually passed and you're not too huge and uncomfortable!

I flew at 31 weeks to a wedding. I was allowed to fly till 36 weeks without a doctors note.

At 33 weeks I flew from america to move here. The longest flight was something like 8/9 hours long. Since I was coming from america I didn't need any doctor note, but I believe you do to fly out of england once you're in the third trimester.

hi, I flew at 20 weeks, would defo defo reccomend it, had a great holiday, altho it was when i started to show so clothes that fit when i went were a bit snug on the way home!!! haha
I think most carriers will let you fly till 28 weeks, after that you need a dr note to say you ok to fly and they will wont let you fly after 32 weeks- but that only cos of the risk you will give birth
xx

I went to the canary islands at 6 weeks pregnant, all was fine.

I flew at around 3 months and 7 months; both times were fine. I was really nervous about flying at 3 months because I had morning sickness pretty bad, but I actually felt better in the air than I had on the ground!

Hi hun, I flew when I was 5 weeks pregnant and my morning sickness was just kicking in... not a good flight either way as I also get travel sickness.

I phoned my dr as soon as found out and was advised at the airport not to go through the scanner but to get checked by a security person to be on the safe side and to b careful with eggs, food in general and water. I went to Egypt.

For me, I'll never fly when I know I'm pregnant again. I didn't really enjoy my holiday really either. :(

Hi hun, I flew when I was 5 weeks pregnant and my morning sickness was just kicking in... not a good flight either way as I also get travel sickness.

I phoned my dr as soon as found out and was advised at the airport not to go through the scanner but to get checked by a security person to be on the safe side and to b careful with eggs, food in general and water. I went to Egypt.

For me, I'll never fly when I know I'm pregnant again. I didn't really enjoy my holiday really either. :(

I did the same thing. They were going to make me go through the scanner anyway at first but then I guess they say the sad look on my face and changed their mind.

I flew when only a few weeks pregnant to the states, we actually found out we were expecting while we were there, there were no problems though!

I flew on holiday at 24 and 26 weeks. It was nice even though I could hardly walk. :lol:

I flew at 5 weeks, 9 weeks, 13 weeks, 19 weeks, 22 weeks, 24 weeks and 28 weeks pregnant
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"