Did anyones OH propose after 5 years?

I asked my oh otherwise still be where we started. Been together 7 years, engaged for nearly 4 still not married

After nearly 8 years I told him we where getting married, the wedding was 5 months later

I think either end of next year or year after we will get married but as we cant afford a proper wedding it will just be in registry office with 2 witnesses

Mine did for our 6 year anniversary :) I was waiting for ages tho haha

Some friends of mine got married after being together 11 years, he proposed after nine years together.

We were together 11 yrs no wedding...but that wasnt why we broke up LOL

My hubby proposed after 5 years. A small wedding is as beautiful as a large one.
Just an idea....Friends of ours couldn't afford a do either. They spoke to the people they wanted to invite and asked if they'd pay for their own meal and booked a table at a restaurant. It was a lovely day/ evening and we were all happy to chip in to give them a nice day. It was as nice a wedding as any other I'd been to, and I've been to some flashy do's.

Sorry to hear you've split up MF xx

We were together 5 years before we mutually decided to get married, it's a long story he was going to propose after we had discussed it was something we would do in the next 12 months but then I found out I was pregnant and suddenly felt really insecure so asked for a ring ha. We were together at 17 though so wasn't really thinking of marriage early on in our relationship due to our age. I think it's important to talk about it, don't sit around waiting :) xx

I was discussing this the other week with one of my friends who recently got married and she agreed that her and her now DH had missed the marriage boat through getting together so young. In fact the last 3 weddings we have been to, the brides & grooms had all been together for over 10 years. My theory is they got together so young that it was deemed too early to get married, then once their friends and siblings all started to get married in their late 20's/early 30's, the women got cross, put their foot down and demanded a wedding. Both my friend and SiL were in this boat and both stuck timeframes on when the guys had to propose as they were sick of having the longest standing relationships but always being the bridesmaid and never the bride!

We have been together 5 years this month and are still not married.

It isn't that marriage isn't important to us - his parents have been married 30 years, mines 29 years and they are all still happy.

I'm the first person in my family to have a baby when unmarried, OH is only the second (his cousin has two kids but their wedding is booked for next year) - marriage and family is really strong in both of our families.

We are just as committed to each other now as we would be if we were married - it would be no easier to separate if we were married since we own a house and our baby is due tomorrow!

The only reason we haven't got married/engaged is because we have always ha other priorities - at first we were quite young (21) and wanted to go on holiday, so we did some really nice holidays. We then started renting a flat together. My OH got a new car. We saved for a mortgage. We renovated our house. Now we have a baby.

I know he is just waiting on the "right" time. Financially we are comfortable but there have always been things that we feel give us more security than a bit of paper.

If being married is reallmportant to you, you need to communicate this to your OH and maybe set a timescale of things you need to achieve first, like maybe paying off debt or whatever. Or if it isn't financial, is there something else he is waiting on? For my OH, he didn't want to be the first one out of his friends (silly reason I know!) - his friend got engaged in the summer and he is much more open to it now!

hmm, this isn't giving me much hope ladies, lol! Men!
My OH does want to get married and its not financial, its just always 'soon'. I'll ask him straight out next time I think :) It's nice to know there are others in the same position as me and even nicer that some of you got married :) x

my OH (now DH) proposed after 3 months, we got married after 10 months of being together! :blush: I think if he hadn't of proposed after 5 years, I'd be buying myself a ring. :haha: I hope your men pull their fingers out soon ladies. :) X

Oh didn't propose till we had been together till just shy of 7 years. Wedding planning was then delayed due to ds3. Only just getting back on track now.

my OH did the whole 'are you going to marry me then' in the first year, obviously not seriously..

weve been together 6 years and he doesnt want to get married, not that he doesnt want to marry me, he just doesnt want to be married.

We just got married... I don't recall a proposal. Haha. We are very low key though. We just popped down the registry office. Annoyingly our son was born 15 days late and came the day before we had it booked for... So rather than loose money we went anyways with a baby less than a day old haha. His parents witnessed and then we went home and I went to bed hah. I would just be upfront like : I wanna get married and I'm not waiting much longer lol

My oh proposed last year after 8 years!!!! We were in Rome and it was so romantic and completely unexpected even though I'd be on at him for the past 6 years ha! We are getting married August next year.

my OH did the whole 'are you going to marry me then' in the first year, obviously not seriously..

weve been together 6 years and he doesnt want to get married, not that he doesnt want to marry me, he just doesnt want to be married.

This! 100% this! :haha:

We are never going to get married...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"