Did anyones OH propose after 5 years?

We got engaged after almost 4 years. We have now been together for 5years and are getting married in less than 4 months

I am hoping by the time we get to 6 years together (next march!) i will have had a proposal!

It's definitely not out the question. My DH proposed after 2 years but I think that was more to do with the fact we'd already had a baby and were getting a house together, everything else had moved forward so fast that it sort of made sense.

I know people who have become engaged after only a year or 2 but then they have a long engagement and don't marry until a few years after, whereas the people I know who have become engaged after 5+ years have tended to start wedding planning and venue-booking immediately after.

I was given an engagement ring after 3 years but no mention of a wedding. Fast forward 5+ years and still no wedding, turns out he wanted marriage but no wedding and I felt the same. Got married in August in a registry office with two witnesses and told everyone afterwards.

We met in Jan. 07, got engaged in October that year & married the following August, no waiting around for us, we were both in our late thirties & just knew it was right & we both wanted a child & didn't want to waste any time, 8 years later, 1 little girl & we're happy out (most of the time) :hugs:

We have been together 9 and a half years and still no proposal 😟. I'm hoping by 10 years I'lI have been asked haha. It's just never been a priority really but now we have the 2 kids I would like to have the same surname as them.

I'd been with oh for 7yrs and we were on our way home from a big expensive wedding and he asked if I wanted a big wedding. I said no he said he didn't either. We got to talking and decided to get married on the o/s trip we had coming up 6wks later. That was 7 years ago and was the perfect decision for us.

10 years together in November and he's still just my boyfriend :rofl:

Oh gosh, and I thought I had waited a long time! I don't think I could be as patient as some of you ladies!
I did talk to my OH the other night and he said he felt like we're still too young (despite feeling ready for a baby!? lol). At least now I know the reason :)

I think in a way waiting helps. I am sure glad I didnt marry my ex. I loved him but we were not soulfully connected. I wouldnt have known this had I married him sooner. Guess just luck and also depends what you want from life. My ex was a caring funny person but we didnt connect on a spiritual level. I think I like idea of handfasting where you promise to love as long as you do, not life x

Been with my OH for 10 years next year and he still hasnt proposed, I've done plenty of hinting! I'm not even sure that he wants to get married :-(

We have been together 9 and a half years and still no proposal 😟. I'm hoping by 10 years I'lI have been asked haha. It's just never been a priority really but now we have the 2 kids I would like to have the same surname as them.

Oh Lucy, we're in the same boat! I actually text my OH yesterday asking if I'm going to get "treated" for our 10 year anniversary and he just said "Maybe" so I sent back some pics of a ring and winks haha. We have 3 children together and Id also love to share the same surname as them.

I was with my hubby 8 years before he proposed! Needless to say we got married 7months after he proposed.. No way was I waiting any longer! Lol xxx

My cousin just married after 11 years together. Personally we've been together 4 years now. I'd be happy to wait another 3 years but not much more. We have talked about getting married and when it would happen though.

For me, I would just wander...was love and life time commitment expressed? Would a marriage change that? Sometimes its possible to just know how somene feels x

I've been with mine for 5.5 years nearly and we have 2 kids together with our third on the way, not married nor do we have any plans to as far as i'm aware. I'm not particularly bothered though, maybe we'll get round to it one day :winkwink: If it matters to one half of the partnership though I think the other should take that on board.

we didnt do proposals we just say we do this this and that and that was it.

My DH proposed after 5 years together and we got married 18 months later.

I'm glad we did it before kids as we had a small wedding, which still cost a fortune.

If we had had the kids before, there is no way we could have justified spending so much money on a party! :wink wink:

I think as long as you have talked about it, and you know where you both stand, I wouldn't worry too much.

It does depend on how old you are as well. I got married at 27, and had two kids by 30. I think when you are younger, than you always have a longer relationship before you get engaged, because there's so much going on the younger you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->