Did anyones OH propose after 5 years?

We were together 15 months before OH proposed. That was Christmas Day 2012. We got married 7th Feb 2014, I was 24 and he was 25. Xx

OH finally proposed 5 years and 3 months after our first date. but OH said the only reason he didn't propose earlier is because he thought an engagement ring would cost thousands of pounds, until his mom told him otherwise! :haha:

We'll have been together 4 years next year and I'm hoping he proposes sooner rather than later. We were 19 when we got together so I think he probably thought we were too young previously:shrug:

My OH and I have been together just short of 16 years we got engaged after under a year were not married lol and have no plans to ever. Xx

10 years together in November and he's still just my boyfriend :rofl:

Last week he took me for a lovely night away and proposed, so we are engaged after 9 years 11 months!

Maybe he's been stalking bnb :haha:

Aww congratulations that's wonderful, were you completely surprised?x

I think 5 years is a perfectly okay time frame if you got together young or have other things going on and didn't feel the need to rush. We've recently been to weddings of two different couples who are friends of ours who were together for 9 years and 10 years before getting engaged. But they both met fairly young (18/19 ish?), so they got engaged and married at the same ages as most of the rest of us did (late 20s/early 30s), they just didn't waste so many years in dead end relationships trying to find each other. We have other friends who are getting married next year who met about the same time we did, which was 7 years ago (in that same time, we've gotten engaged, been married 4 years and have a nearly 3 year old), but they also own a house, work ridiculous hours in really high pressure jobs, and also had a lot of hang-ups about what engagement ring they wanted. They literally looked at rings for like 2 years and stressed about saving up enough money. We don't own a house or have as much money saved as they do and my ring doesn't cost anywhere near as much because none of that was important to us. Sometimes people just take a bit longer while they're doing other things. I think as long as you think the commitment isn't the problem (as in, he's stalling because he actually doesn't want to be with you, which it doesn't sound like that's the case at all), then I think it's fine for it to take a bit longer, but if it's not working for you, definitely worth talking about so you can both be on the same page about what you want to happen in the future.

Last week he took me for a lovely night away and proposed, so we are engaged after 9 years 11 months!

Congratulations, that's amazing! :happydance: Happy to have read that :D

I think 5 years is a perfectly okay time frame if you got together young or have other things going on and didn't feel the need to rush. We've recently been to weddings of two different couples who are friends of ours who were together for 9 years and 10 years before getting engaged. But they both met fairly young (18/19 ish?), so they got engaged and married at the same ages as most of the rest of us did (late 20s/early 30s), they just didn't waste so many years in dead end relationships trying to find each other. We have other friends who are getting married next year who met about the same time we did, which was 7 years ago (in that same time, we've gotten engaged, been married 4 years and have a nearly 3 year old), but they also own a house, work ridiculous hours in really high pressure jobs, and also had a lot of hang-ups about what engagement ring they wanted. They literally looked at rings for like 2 years and stressed about saving up enough money. We don't own a house or have as much money saved as they do and my ring doesn't cost anywhere near as much because none of that was important to us. Sometimes people just take a bit longer while they're doing other things. I think as long as you think the commitment isn't the problem (as in, he's stalling because he actually doesn't want to be with you, which it doesn't sound like that's the case at all), then I think it's fine for it to take a bit longer, but if it's not working for you, definitely worth talking about so you can both be on the same page about what you want to happen in the future.
We got together young (both 19) and are 24 now - we are on the same page in regards to marriage which is what makes me wonder why he's not asked yet. I'm definitely not worried about commitment :thumbup: He said he feels too young, so I guess I just have to be patient! It's nice to know that others think 5 years is an okay time frame though - makes me feel more 'normal' :haha: Nice to hear about people getting engaged 5yrs+ as well :)

Congratulations, that's amazing! :happydance: Happy to have read that :D

We got together young (both 19) and are 24 now - we are on the same page in regards to marriage which is what makes me wonder why he's not asked yet. I'm definitely not worried about commitment :thumbup: He said he feels too young, so I guess I just have to be patient! It's nice to know that others think 5 years is an okay time frame though - makes me feel more 'normal' :haha: Nice to hear about people getting engaged 5yrs+ as well :)

I was 16 and he was 17 when we got together so very young, now we're 26/27! At 5 years I would of only been 21 so would of felt a bit young still :)

I guess I'm kind of an odd duck... I'm traditional enough to want to be married before kids. My OH and I met in September 2008, but didn't start dating til June 2009. He asked my parents permission to pop the question, but time just kept passing and my dad told him to shit or get off the pot after he missed the last three deadlines he had set for proposing.

Finally, February 5, 2011, I woke him up and asked what the hold up was and he said she wasn't sure what kind of ring I would like, so I took him ring shopping. I told him no rush on the proposal, but that we were getting married in June or July. We bought the rings and he proposed that night on the couch, "So will you?" How romantic! We were married on July 16, 2011. First baby girl born on July 8, 2013 and a second due on February 17, 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->