Did i do something bad???

miya

Reaction score
I went to the fair yesterday day night and got on one ride called the gravitron. Didn't think it would be bad since it doesnt jerk or anything. You just go inside this spaceship like thing lay on a cushioned wall and the room spins really fast and the gravity sucks you onto this wall where you can't move for like 7 mins..
Ofcourse I got off sick as heck but did I maybe hurt my baby?

You're not supposed to go on fair rides when pregnant- any rides I think it is.

have a word with your midwife. x

I went to the fair yesterday day night and got on one ride called the gravitron. Didn't think it would be bad since it doesnt jerk or anything. You just go inside this spaceship like thing lay on a cushioned wall and the room spins really fast and the gravity sucks you onto this wall where you can't move for like 7 mins..
Ofcourse I got off sick as heck but did I maybe hurt my baby?

I doubt it from just one ride but I personally would never go on any rides while pregnant.

They usually have warning signs on those rides for pregnant women or people with heart problems. Surprised they didn't have one for a ride that goes that fast so at least people have the choice?
x

i personally wouldnt go on anything like that whilst pregnant.. but each person knows their own body..

do you feel any different... more/less movement or any pain..

if your concerned speak to your midwife. they are here to help keep your mind calm. :)

By law they should have a health and safety sign. x

You're not supposed to go on fair rides when pregnant- any rides I think it is.

have a word with your midwife. x

I second that - have a word with midwife as they may arrange a scan/assessments just be completely cautious.

Sure you're ok though x

Same id never go on rides while pregnant, i know what one you mean and that one i especially wouldnt, dont know the risk s personally but usually there are warning signs saying to aviod them. Defo speak to your midwife but im sure your baby is fine xx

as the girls said i would check with your midwife just to be on the safe side. ive been on one of those gravitations before while i wasnt pregnant and my tummy was doing flips and turns all the way through but im a bot of a scardy cat anyways!!might be best to keep the fairground rides till after!:)

no harm in double checking everything is ok with your midwife though xx

I would like to think your baby will be okay. I personally would never go on an amusement park ride while pregnant, its just far too risky. I would contact your care provider just to make sure things are all right and perhaps in the future keep your feet on solid ground and treat yourself to a candy apple or some popcorn :)

Thanks ladies, yea i know bad judgment on my side :( but no I dont really feel that different no movement yet (only 15 weeks) so really couldn't answer that question.

I wouldn't have gone on any ride while pregnant...I think you should talk to your midwife.

As much as I love amusement parks, I never get on them or water slides while pregnant. I have ridden this ride before and do know there are signs. A normal person can get sick but what I would be concerned about is the gravitational pull the ride will have on you LO.

(for those that aren't familiar, that ride spins you around and intensifies the gravity, plastering you to the walls...)

Agree with the other ladies, I would definitely talk to your MW or Doc.
I love amusement & fair rides but would never do it whilst pregnant. Let us know what you decide to do & how you get on if you see your midwife.

:D just spike with my midwife she said I should be fine just don't make it a habit lol as long as I'm not bleeding or anything I should be just fine. She also said our bodies are made to protect the baby so it has a bit of cushion on there. That not hojng to happen again that for sure! Terrible lasp in judgement!

Don't feel bad hun...but for in the future avoid it! I have been on the gravitron! I wouldn't go back on it or any ride for that matter. Baby is well protected in your belly, so I'm sure he or she is just fine...but if you're really worried go see your dr and I'm sure you will have reassurance. But defintatly avoid ALL rides from now on. Hugs!

That's my favorite ride ever!! Baby is probably ok, but like other posters have said, no more fair rides!

I think it would be okay if you did it just that once. I would ask to be sure, but it doesn't sound too dangerous or risky.

That ride makes me feel like shit, so noway would I step on that OR any other ride whilst pregnant. My babies health means more to me than 7 minuets of fun.

If you're concerned try and get in to see your doc. But in all actuality you shouldn't be going on any type of fair/carnival/waterpark type rides while you're pregnant. Good luck, but I'm sure everything's okay.

When I was 20 and pregnant with my first (who is now 18) I went to Drayton Manor Park and went on loads of rides. There weren't really any warnings back then and no-one said anything to me and being quite young I didn't have a clue that it could be dangerous. I certainly wouldn't do it now. I was 7 months pregnant at the time, but no adverse effects thank goodness.
Obviously it's not recommended, but as you've no problems I doubt that you've done any damage. Try not to worry and just avoid the rides from now on til after baby is born :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->