Did I not ovulate?

kjs1

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is the first time this has happened but I am wondering if I didn't ovulate this month. I started OPKs on CD12 through 16 all with no smiley face (low reading). I ran out of those so used 1 wondfo test on CD 17 (neg) and 2 regular OPKs both which seem negative on CD 18 and 19 (today) The last three tests are the image attached. It looks like it started to get darker on the wondfo test (was darker before it dried) but then they are lighter now. Has this every happened to anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 20
Sucky thing about LH surge is that you can take opk in am and it be negative, but have surge in evening/overnight be negative the next morning. x I'm sure you know your testing tho

I also have late O, sometimes as late as CD20 but this month I o'd CD 14. cycles are so weird. :(

Only way to know for certain is temping... wish I had better response but didn't wanna read and run.

Thanks so much. I stopped tempting as it was driving me crazy and not consistent. Times like these are when I wish I was still doing it. arrrgh! I am hoping maybe I ovulated yesterday like you said in between testing. But even so we only BD'd once in that window. Oh well. So confusing!

omg I know - temping made me sleep terribly as I was trying to wake up at same time daily, but I already toss and turn in the early morning as it is. so it was causing stress. O'ing early stressed me out too... in fact, ttc is stressful... crud

Totally agree! This whole process is stressful. I am analyzing the crap out of my body right now. I feel like I had some O pains earlier on the right side so now I am thinking maybe I am ovulating late this month? So confused!! I wish you luck.

:) I always follow my body signs better - only way I knew!!

It's very possible you O'd early or late. I've seen people who O on CD6, I O'd anywhere from CD21 to CD26, and it just totally depends. Stress and other things can affect cycles too. Do you monitor your CM? When I got stressed from temping and using OPK's I just monitored CM and that helped me stay less stressed out

I do monitor CM and I have really had almost none so far. It is helpful to hear you ovulate late too. Perhaps I am just going to ovulate later this month. I have been under a lot of stress. I'm hoping this isn't an anovulatory month.

Ah that's rough to have low/no CM. I don't know if you drink much alcohol, but I tried cutting it out almost completely one month and it was like bam I had a ton of CM, whereas other months I'd have very little. I had no idea alcohol could have that much of an affect on CM!

There were a few times I thought I would be anovulatory and I just O'd really late. I think it's more common for our bodies to push O back than ditch it altogether.

I see from your signature you've been TTC for 2 years - just wanted to give big hugs and say you must be a tough lady, TTC is stressful and a ton of hard work. Sending you all the baby dust and am hoping for your BFP really really soon!!

Thank you for such kind words! I appreciate the encouragement.

I took a musinex today and will continue to try and make more CM. I don't drink too much alcohol (even though I want to with this stress ha!) but that is really good to known for the future! I see you are expecting: congratulations! Any tips for me? Anything you did differently that month?

Good idea with the mucinex! Hopefully it helps :)

I'm going to say something super unhelpful - basically the month we conceived was after I threw in the towel with TTC, I literally had a minor breakdown the month before and threw away all the OPK's, IC's, Preseed, temping thermometer the whole bit because I was so frustrated. I told DH I didn't want to TTC anymore and he said we can just try and take it easy. Of course a month later we were back at it, even though mentally I was done. So basically I watched the CM, and we only BD'd once every couple days during the fertile window. Other months we always BD'd every day and I'm wondering if DH's sperm count is a little low since it only worked when we cut back. I was also sick, and that kicked my mucous membranes into overdrive (sorry tmi haha), but I had lots of CM.

Basically I had given up so it was more relaxed without the constant stress of TTC, was sick, and we BD'd less frequently.

I know it's not super helpful because it was the month we let everything go - which I always thought was a load, but I think the low stress environment helped.

Sorry for the novel of a response haha

So tonight we BD’d and I bleed a lot. That usually only happens when I am ovulating. So I took another test and still negative. I don’t understand what is happening in my body.

If you don’t want to temp and she’ll out ridiculous amounts of money, I suggest getting wondfo packs on amazon. They are super cheap. I’d test 3x a day when I knew I was getting close to O. And I never felt bad because it was like $20 for 29hot and 50 opks or something crazy lol BUT I will say while they did turn blaring positive at the same time as my cvs opk and my cb advanced digital, my cvs opk always detected the beginning of my surge before any other brand

I’m so sorry things are so confusing :hugs: our bodies like to mess with us when we are ttc. I hope o comes soon and in an obvious way and you catch the egg

Thank you! I think I will start buying the cheap ones and testing multiple times! I’m bleeding some today too but still had a beg ppl last night. Will test again this evening but it is cd21 now.

Thank you. I got a neg O test this evening. Still spotting a little too. I don’t know what is going on with my cycle. I guess I either missed the surge or didn’t ovulate. But then why the bleeding!? I just had a trans vag ultrasound last month to look for cysts or anything and everything looked normal.

Also I was going to do the prometrium suppositories this month during my luteal phase but feel like it is pointless now. But I don’t know.

</3 So sorry this cycle is being difficult for you. :(

KJ no idea hoping you did O. Can you ring your gyn and see what could possibly cause the bleeding midcycle? Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->