Did you carry differently with boys vs girls ?

chelsealynnb

Wife & mommy <3
Reaction score
I have 3 boys already so I'm really hoping for a girl this time. The first pic is 12 weeks with my third boy and the second pic is 12 weeks 2 days with baby #4. I'm carrying really differently than with my boys so it has me wondering, even though it's probably a myth. Did you carry boys and girls differently?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 32
I am, but I don't know if it's because he's a boy or if it's just from weighing less this pregnancy and it being the second time around (although I was completely out of shape for my first pregnancy, and had lost weight and toned up before getting pregnant again, so my core was stronger). Carried higher with DD and carrying lower this time!

https://digital-kitten.net/images/preg2/difference17.png

I have two boys. Both pregnancies were very different, and carried differently with both.

With my boys I tend to carry out front in my tummy, with my girls I seem to carry in my face, ass, tummy and thighs :haha:

I had 3 girls and then a boy. I have carried mine all differently. I was fattest with my son who was my smallest baby by far (and I had him 2-3weeks later then his sisters.

With my daughter I gained 5 stone and looked like a whale... and thats not exaggeration, I puffed up everywhere. This time I've gained nothing but have a neat bump and I'm just 27 weeks and baby is a boy.

I've got 2 boys and 1 girl, and another on the way!
I carried all my babies similar however I carried a BIT higher with my daughter. My belly was more pointy. If that makes sense. However she was breech, so I think that has more to do with how I carried than based on gender.
I gained less weight with my daughter. And was anemic with her.
Not sure.
Fingers crossed you get your girl!!!
With my boys I gained LOTS of weight and felt HUGE. With my daughter I felt the best

I carried the same with my boy and girl, my bump was bigger with my girl but she was a bigger baby. The pregnancies felt very much the same.

I carried very different with my 2. Had my daughter when I was only 20 years old so not sure if age has anything to do with it. I was HUGE! I gained 25 lbs and I carried big and up high. I got horrible acne and tons of belly stretch marks with her too.

With my son, I was 23 and I only gained 17 lbs and had a cute little belly. Carried him a tad lower, but not uncomfortably so. No stretch marks at all. So main difference was higher with my girl and lower smaller with my boy. My boy gave me a much easier pregnancy physically wise. Good luck on getting your girl!:thumbup:

The only way I can put it is this: imagine you have an oblong watermelon, not perfectly round but more of an oval shape. Now with a boy, one end of the melon is sticking straight out while the other end is against your belly whereas with a girl one end of the melon is up while the other end is down. I hope that helps a bit :)

I'm expecting my third and have a girl and boy already.

I did carry differently with the first two. With my girl I gained weight all around and with my boy it was more of a neat bump just showing at the front. My friend also had a girl and boy and experienced the same thing, in fact, when she was first pregnant she told me she was sure she was having a another girl, then I didn't see her til she was 5 months along and as soon as I saw her I guessed it was a boy from the bump!

My pregnancies were also very different. I was very sick with the first one (girl) and just had slight nausea for a couple of weeks with the second one. I had a lot of headaches in the first trimester second time around though.

Emotionally, I often felt very angry in the second pregnancy. I googled it and lots of people reported the same when they were expecting boys. I read it could be to do with the testosterone circulating.

I'm only 8 weeks along with this pregnancy and it has been different to both previous ones although more similar to the second. I've felt more sick this time than with the second one but not as bad as first time around. Emotionally, I've felt the same as the second one so I'm guessing it's a boy.

Have you looked at the Chinese gender chart? It was right for me both previous times and says boy this time.

I only have my son to compare to, but I carried him very very low, uncomfortably low. I think it's an old wives tale about how you carry because your baby is also supposed to be really really hairy if you have bad heartburn, and I had terrible heartburn but my 20 month old son still has barely any hair! Lol. But wanted to chime in and give my answer in case it helped.

I had a boy, four girls and another boy. My girls I was pregnant every where and it was obvious even from behind. My boys much neater and couldn't tell from behind, weight all went to the belly and some of my neighbours were shocked when I had him as they didn't know I was pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->