Diet and stupid shift work - Help!

miss h

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I need a little bit of help with loosing weight.
I work rediculous shifts 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am. Shifts are 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off. Most of time I lone work so have to fight the temptation of boredom eating.

I also have a 13 month old daughter at home and my weight has slowly crept up and up. I am getting married at the end of June and really need some help.

The worst shifts are the 12 hour nights as I don't get great sleep during the day (trying to spend as much time with LO as possible and keeping up with housework and chores) I rely on sugary caffinated drinks and coffee to keep awake but it's doing nothing for my waist line.

Can anyone recommend and cheap and simple meal/snack ideas to bring to work that will help.

I have taken to cycling to and from work but this is only waking me up in the morning so trying to get to sleep when I get home is a nightmare.

Arrrg!

Simple/cheap meals:

Cook a bunch of pasta/rice/quinoa. Cook a bunch of frozen vegetables.
Add cheese, or meat or fish as a source of protein. Put butter (when it's hot) or a salad dressing on it for fat. Pop them in some containers and you are good to go.

Open a can of corn, open and rinse a can of chickpeas. Cut up a cucumber or pepper, tomato, whatever veg is in season. Add salad dressing and cheese or canned fish. Pop into container.

Snacks:

Yogurt
Apple and almonds
Oatmeal
Can of oysters
Pre-peeled hardboiled eggs (if you don't have to peel them at work there won't be any smell)
Omelette or spanish tortilla
Olives or pickles and cheese

Hi Hun I do nights too and had the same prob but since I've started slimming world it's the first time I've not struggled with that side if a diet, you can eat pretty much anything and stoke upon pasta rice noodles all if which are cheap and quite nice as a hot or cold salad thing.

Also you get your 'syns' so you can still have chocolate and stuff if you like.

Good luck

I am in the same boat, working long shifts and a mix of days and nights. Got to the point that I am desperate to loose some weight before TTC in September!!
Good ideas Magnolius!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->