Dieters...what going to happen at Christmas time!!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
So dieters...is it no Christmas dinner or are we breaking the rules for a day?! xx

I'm really, really dreading Christmas...I'm going home to Germany in a couple of weeks and all the temptations will be there...Christmas market with Bailey's hot chocolate(with whipped cream), roasted almonds, biscuits baked by my mum, creamy sauce and worst of all CHOCOLATE!!

Then on Christmas I'll be spending time with my GF and her family...think they're doing a roast so I can hopefully make wise choices. (i.e. loads of veggies, boiled potatoes instead of roasted, turkey)
And luckily I don't like Christmas pudding or mince pies, so will just be skipping them...

Im gonna enjoy the day but not go mad, if that makes sense?

I was on WW a couple of years ago and had xmas day, new years eve, and new years day 'off' and still lost 2lbs in the 2 weeks.

I went for the healthier options on xmas day, plenty of veg, small helping of dessert. I still had chocolate in the evening and a lots of wine! New years eve I didn't eat alot, mainly booze again, and new years day had a fry up and ate healthily for the rest of the day.

You just have to be strong enough not to let one day off become 3/4

I think I'm going to eat what I want Xmas Eve, Xmas day, Boxing day and the day after (all our family events) and then get back on the wagon. We don't really do anything over new years so it's only Xmas that is a problem. It's 4 days, but even if I put on 3lbs I can lose that again by the first week in Jan. :)

im hoping to be eating normally by then but i still wont go mad, ill enjoy my main lunch and thats all ill have im not ruining the hard work lol

Lou
xxx

I usually just try to exercise some caution. I try not to tell myself I'm having a day off as I find I just gorge and I might as well have had 2 days off for the amount I eat so I keep a watchful eye on how many calories I have so I can guilt trip myself into not having every day 'off' for the sake of it. However, with still breastfeeding I'm not going to be too paranoid and not drinking saves a tonne of calories too as I'm not much of a binge eater at xmas, it's more the nights out or the general drinking that gets me weight gain wise!

I'm going to enjoy myself and have a little bit of what I fancy. However, I won't be having 2nds and 3rds this year LOL

I don't really celebrate Christmas, but I most likely will once my LO is old enough to enjoy it. Until then I guess I don't really have temptation to deal with as long as I don't get invited to any Christmas parties. If I do (I'm sure I wont go to more than one this year) I can always use my 34 flex points for the week. I usually never use them at all and will still try to stay on my diet at said hypothetical party, but if I absolutely MUST go over then I suppose I have that as a safety net. :wacko:

Oh :blush: I feel bad reading your replies. Ive come off my diet already for xmas :blush: Back on it on the 1st of Jan.

I've caved this week. We have a big tub of Celebrations so we can have one each in the evening as a treat, otherwise the box will just be sat there after xmas when I go back on my diet properly. Anyway, I'm really stressed and tired at the moment and find myself dipping into it all the time. I'm going to have to shut it away somewhere so I'm not tempted. I think my first AF is on it's way so that might explain the lack of willpower!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->