Diets That Actually Work!

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

There is probably a thread similar to this floating around here somwhere but i thought i would see what diets you may have tried that actually work??!!

I would like to know as i have never dieted as i have always been happy with my figure but since having my LO the weight got a little out of control:blush:

So if you would consider sharing with me what you all did to shed the baby weight or any diet that you have tried before that worked really well... that would be great :thumbup:

Thanks in advance xxx

Hi hun,

I share the same frustrations about there not being plans out there that don't work effectively.

I finally found a plan that does work as long as you sta committed.

It is called the Ideal Protein Diet and their claim is that it is your "LAST DIET" :happydance:

I have been on it for 7 weeks and lost 24lbs total. My goal is 52.7 lbs, and at this rate I could be done that amount of weight in almost 4 months.

I am not sure if there is somewhere that you live but i would suggest Googling "Ideal Protein Diet" and seeing if it is something you would be interested in.

I have an Ideal Protein shake in the morning.
An Ideal Protein shake at lunch with 2 cups of veggies and all the salad I want.
At supper I have 150g of meat or 200g of fish with 2 cups of veggies and all the salad I want.
For snack I have one of their many salty snacks from their food slections.

Good luck! :hugs:

I'm on a program called "bodytrim" It's an Australian based system (by an Aussie) but I know they branch into the UK. I lost a lot of weight when I first went on it, then stopped due to travel and weddings and so forth. I gained a bit back, but am starting the program again and I know I'll have success. It's very easy to follow and makes a lot of sense. It's based on a high protein diet.

It's not about dieting though - it's about changing your lifestyle - which in the end is what will help you retain success.

xox

Weight Watchers is an effective program, the weight loss is not very fast, but if you stick with it, it works. And it is easy to maintain long-term..

slimming world...im 13st on I lost on 5.5lbs on my 1st week!!!

Weight watchers does work but its I think its more ideal for people that have little weight or just want to maintain rather than loose large amounts.

My aunty had alot of weight to loose (6/7 stone) and shes lost about 4 in 2 years and she sticks to it religously!

I find that weight watchers works for me. I have lost 3 stone in a ear but I haven't stuck to it fully so I might have lost more. I find that its easier to follow than anything else and I don't see it as a diet, I see it as a lifestyle change. I have done the cambridge diet a few years ago and lost 4 stone in 4 months but i became very ill and weak and started to introduce a little food and i put all the weight back on. I think that you have to try out different things yourself and see what is best for you xx

I have done weight watchers before starting my IVF treatment and liked, but I did not like the way my skin was hugging, so I tried one of Yoga compression garment and it helped me, not to have my skin flabby.

How about healthy eating and exercise?

:shock:

sometimes JUST healthy eating and exercise are not all they are cracked up to be. sometimes your body just needs to be shocked in order to lose weight.

sadly some of us are not lucky to be born with bodies that metabolize food fast enough for us to not gain weight, thats why there are diets out there to help us out.

trust me, I have tried and failed at healthy eating and exercise....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->