Different gifts for teachers

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
I’ve ended up in a right muddle. Thought there was 3 teachersin Rios class turns out there’s 8 that all switch between the two.
I’d got L’Occitane gift sets for the 3 I thought we’re Rio’s ‘all the time’ teachers. Now I’ve found out they aren’t and can’t get any more of the sets. So randomly 3 teachers have those and the rest have a large Yankee Candle jar each, all random scents just quickly grabbed and wrapped from my collection, some nothing to do with Christmas (line dried cotton, market blossoms for example)
Are they going to think that’s crap and unorganised? Will they think I’m favouriting some over others with different gifts?
I sent a tub of chocolates in this morning but held onto these as I was embarrassed. It’s ridiculous of me really. I have to take them after school. I’ll have to explain!

I wouldn’t worry and wouldn’t feel you had to explain yourself either, you don’t have to give teacher gifts but it’s a nice gesture if you do. Could you not label the gifts and just give them over and say these are for everybody to share and they can then choose their own gift?

Ill start by saying you are extremely generous. Its a lovely gesture to give a gift to thank the people in Rio's school. You dont need to explain anything. I doubt the staff will question anything, and be very grateful. If they arent they dont deserve a gift at all.

There's no need to explain, and no, I don't think they'd think you favored any of them over others. They'll be grateful to receive anything at all.

I think the teachers will be so grateful that you went out of your way to make sure they all had something that I definitely don’t think they will think anything negative!

Oh gosh no, they won't think anything of it at all! They'll just be grateful, those are such generous gifts :)

There are 4 regular staff members in my sons class and the day I brought in the presents there was someone in there who was not one of the 4! I just left the bag of 4 gifts on the side and left them to it. Lol.

Your gifts sound great and very generous! In dd's school they seem to gather everything together and then share it out among all the teachers anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->