Disappointed. DH might be infertile.

Holliems

Reaction score
I am only on month 3 TTC. CD 9 or 10 today. I had very high hopes this month as Ive started temping..using preseed..OPKs....

I had my DH set up an appointment to have a sperm analysis. I started googling to see how he'd have to prepare for the appt....I asked DH if he had, had an undecended testical when he was born and when it dropped because I could have SWORN his mother told me about this once. He said yes. I asked when it finally dropped. 6 years old!! And hes not sure if it was just one or both. Which means he is probably infertile. Even if it was just one...odds are against us.

Im so depressed over this, tonight. Of course, I wont know one way or another until analysis is done. But what if it IS true. What if he cant have children?? I already have two and I am very grateful, but I really really wanted another.. one with my new husband. I want to share with him something so beautiful. Its been all Ive thought about, day after day...all day. It will probably never happen.

All this planning. All the staring at tests...temping...dreaming of what our baby would look like...Maybe it's all been for nothing. :sad2:

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this, Holliems. The silver lining to this would be that at least the reason you haven't conceived might not be your fault (as so many of us are to blame ourselves when something happens that we don't think our OH has a factor). On the other hand, if he still has one working and fully functioning testicle, you both should still have a chance. Might you consider IVF in the future? I know that is drastic and usually kept as the last resort but it could be an option if you are unable to get pregnant naturally within the first year of trying. The majority of couples get pregnant within the first 6 months so you still have a bit of time. If his sperm count is low, they may even be able to give him something to help mature the sperm that he does have so that your chances of conceiving are better, or maybe have him simply take an extra vitamin. I heard folic acid is good for men just as much as it is for women. I wouldn't lose faith just yet...

Thanks Lilmiss. I can't imagine us ever being able to afford IVF. I did mention donor sperm yesterday. He didn't like the idea. He doesn't care if we ever have a kid together, really. He says he's happy just being with me. Which is sweet. We'll see what the SA says. If he can't have kids them so be it :/

My dps brother only has one testicle that works. His mum used to joke that girls wouldn't be coming to her house telling her that her son got her pregnant because he couldn't have children! He is now married and has had 3 children without any fertility problems! Well he had 4 but the first born was still born :( Don't rule anything out until he has had his sa you can definitely have children with only one testicle :)

My dps brother only has one testicle that works. His mum used to joke that girls wouldn't be coming to her house telling her that her son got her pregnant because he couldn't have children! He is now married and has had 3 children without any fertility problems! Well he had 4 but the first born was still born :( Don't rule anything out until he has had his sa you can definitely have children with only one testicle :)

Im trying to stay hopeful. At the same time, Im trying to prepare myself for bad news. Before I was married, I thought I was done having kids. I didnt want anymore. I think a lot of that had to do with being a single mom and the stress. I honestly didnt see myself married again.

I want him to get the SA done ASAP but Im starting my fertile period and plan on BDing even after I O just incase. So, itll be atleast two weeks before he even goes in to take the test. :shrug:

Sorry to hear but hopefully the sperm analysis will show positive results! :D

Try not to worry too much until you get results. My husband (and his brother - weird heredity there) had an undescended testicle and had to have surgery to descend it in childhood (not sure what age). We have two children who were conceived very easily and we conceived our third cycle trying this time, but suffered a very early miscarriage. Now we're on our second cycle since then (time will tell if we're successful).

My anecdote doesn't prove anything, but hopefully it can give you some reassurance. Until you have the results in your hands, try not to stress about this as it won't do you any good and if your husband suspects you're worrying that he is infertile, that might hit his confidence or hurt his feelings.

Good luck, hope you get some really good results!

I've read that if they have surgery before they're 2 then they can be normally fertile but I think DH was around six. Hell, I don't really know how true this even is. I swear his mother talks some crazy crap sometimes lol.

Im so sorry!! But dont get too upset until you get the results. Maybe everything will be fine with his fertility. Im thinking my husband is the same way. Which like you said, im grateful for the two I have but I really wanted to give him a child of his own! I have two boys & i REALLY want my baby girl! :( Baby dust to you sweeti! :dust: :hugs2:

Im so sorry!! But dont get too upset until you get the results. Maybe everything will be fine with his fertility. Im thinking my husband is the same way. Which like you said, im grateful for the two I have but I really wanted to give him a child of his own! I have two boys & i REALLY want my baby girl! :( Baby dust to you sweeti! :dust: :hugs2:

Glad you understand how I feel. I didnt want more kids until I found someone I love. Both my girls were unplanned and I wasnt happy to find out I was pregnant with either. (Happy they are here now lol) Anyway, I want to make a person with someone I love. I want to experience the happiness of a BFP and the excitement of looking into the face of a person that is half of both of us. I want to give him something so great and beautiful as a child. Sigh. But you ladies are right. I shouldnt worry until I know something for sure. Until then, were still trying.

I dont know how an undescended testicle can impact fertility, and this is a bit unrelated but may give you hope - When my hubby was a child, a stick punctured his testicles - basically the insides were on the outside! We concieved with no trouble on my fourth cycle after coming off birth control. Dont stress about it, it'll be fine, besides one is all you need :) Good luck

I dont know how an undescended testicle can impact fertility, and this is a bit unrelated but may give you hope - When my hubby was a child, a stick punctured his testicles - basically the insides were on the outside! We concieved with no trouble on my fourth cycle after coming off birth control. Dont stress about it, it'll be fine, besides one is all you need :) Good luck

I read that if a boy has an undescended testicle and it doesnt drop or have it taken care of before hes two, it doesnt develop as normal and leaves it sterile. Im still holding out hope that he and I were misinformed by his loopy mother :laugh2: She seriously comes up with crap that leaves me baffled :wacko:

I don't have any knowledge on this topic so I can't offer any advice.. but I just want to wish you the best of luck and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Sending you lots of baby dust <3

Just wanted to update...DH got his results back. He texted me and said it came back "normal". I asked for numbers he said between 15-213. Wheew! Relieved.

Thanks! Now to figure out why Im not pregnant yet :laugh2:

My OHs friend only has one testicle, and he got his fiancé pregnant within a couple of cycles. Don't lose hope x

Oops, just read your update. Yay! Hope you get your BFP soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->