Disappointment followed by excitement followed by... Wtf?

Super strong pregnancy or... Twins... Just saying its possible with a big jump as it will double twice as fast..

Anything is possible, I am sure all the ultra sounds you get out will have the info soon enough :) . Enjoy the pregnancy!

Lol oh boy! I'm so excited. I looked at the link that was posted above and saw something about twin being possible to. But then I saw molar pregnancy... Why is there always something to be worried about ?! I guess this comes with being a parent :) but all joking aside, she hasn't had any symptoms through this. Is that just good luck or something to check further in to?

We have an ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday... I'm hoping everything is answered then.

FX for good news at the ultrasound. Keep us posted!

Just wishing you guys good luck! Hope you get some great reassurance from your ultrasound tues!

That's good luck, but it's still early days. Pregnancy symptoms often aren't felt until after 6 weeks. Some lucky lucky (can I say lucky again? ) people don't get them at all.

Congrats and more congrats! I think I hear most people don't feel symptoms this early in general... it just depends on each woman's sensitivity to the hormone and changes. When I was pregnant with my son, I had the privilege to be pregnant at the same time as 4 other really good friends (total coincidence!)... and 3 of us were due within a month of each other. Anyhow, not one of us had a similar pregnancy- all were very different. I had crazy early morning sickness start before my missed period even, but none of the other girls did. 2 of them hardly ever experienced any nausea at ALL the entire pregnancy. All of the other 4 had some varying degree of painful acid reflux in the last trimester, but I never had got that one. And I could go on with all the differences of symptoms and when the started! It's crazy how there's no one true "normal" set of symptoms you can expect. You might have all, some, or none of these experiences with any given healthy pregnancy!

first off congrats and I hope the ultrasound goes well, good luck and keep us posted

Congratulations!! Sorry you had to go through so much anxiety already. But it's all good news at the end so yay! Keep us updated on the ultrasound. Good luck with everything!

OK, so for anyone who is still following this forum, as always i'd love any feedback I could get. I was actually just telling my wife today how this website has helped me so much personally because we haven't told anyone and I have SO many questions, especially being the guy in this. I feel so distant from everything like my hands are tied behind my back.

Anyway, today wife had her first ultrasound. The tech said the sac diameters look as if the baby is 5 weeks, 1 day old. This is where all the concerns, questions and the :shrug: come from...

According to start date of the beginning of last MP, she should be 6 weeks, 5 days... (If you haven't read previous posts, the pregnancy test didn't come in positive until 5 days after the supposed missed period) The doc and others on here have mentioned that she most likely ovulated later than expected, but the last time we DTD before the BFP was July 6th! (July 4th was what we thought to be the big O day)

After seeing the seemingly empty sac at todays ultrasound, the doc said to come back in two weeks for another ultrasound. She said it's probably too early and in 2 weeks we will be able to see more.

Positive news was she had blood work done again and she is now at 14,000 HCG, which is the only thing that seems to be right on track when it's compared to her first blood test she had 2 days after the first BFP (64, 13 days ago>102, 12 days ago>1,000 7 days ago>14,000 today)

Doc isn't giving me the assurance I want that this is normal. I know it's too early to tell, and that she is busy/ does this all the time but I just want to hear "Yes, it is normal to have an ultrasound showing a sac that looks as if she is 5 weeks 1 day pregnant, even though the closest date the baby could have been conceived was 30 days ago....

Has any experienced this? We are very excited, but it just seems like things should be further along. We are telling the first set of parents this week. It would be so great to feel more positive about where we are before telling them... I want to be :happydance: and stop being :shrug:

Thank you all for the support and education these past couple weeks!

Do you remember what all did they see? you said sac, but thats kinda general. Was it a gestational Sac and yolk sac? Was it an empty sac? Did you hear about a fetal pole? I'm sure you were nervous and anxious and it's a lot to take in and remember. So i don't want to overwhelm you, just trying to sort things out.
Of course it's possible to ovulate later, and not be as far along as calculated solely by her last period. So really it seems to be a waiting game unfortunately. If it were me, personally I wouldn't tell my parents until that ultrasound in 2weeks. That's just me though. I just like to make sure everything is going well before I break news, we waited until after our 12 wks ultrasound. Again, that's just me.
At my 6 wk ultrasound they saw a Yolk sac and gestational sac and heart beat. I measured at 6 wks 1 day. if you truly are only 5 wks along it would be normal not to see those things, but if you are really almost 7 wks I would think they would see more. It's so tricky bc you just don't know for sure when baby was conceived and how far along you are exactly, so unfortunately it's just a waiting game. Sorry if this isn't helping, I'm trying to be helpful and not cause worry bc no one can really tell you exactly what's going on in there until more time passes.
Really wishing you are just earlier than thought and baby bean keeps growing and will show himself ( herself) at your next ultrasound!

Well, ive just read everything and HAVE to follow now! I would just really think if her hcg is that high, all is ok. But of course, anything is possible. Cant wait for an update! Fingers crossed for you :)

Hi there gfguy, I just had to poke my nose in from the pregnancy side. You shouldn't have anything to worry about. The same thing happened to me. The ultrasound said I was a week behind. I know for a fact because there were only 3 dtd days that were possible conception days. And I am now almost 21 weeks pregnant and my latest ultrasound has me due within one day of my original expected due date. I also had an ultrasound that said I was only 5 weeks when I was infact 6, and there was no fetal pole or hb. But a week or so later there was.Those results are really just estimates. Within 2 weeks give or take. So dont stress. I know that wait is crazy long (it drags out worse than the tww). Just hang in there and think positive. My hcg was just 15 at 5 weeks. And as I type, my baby us doing flips and kung fu kicks. Best wishes and prayers. You and wife should try the first trimester forum, and even pop into second tri with questions.:happydance: for you and your wife.

i had a scan 5 weeks they saw a sac and pole no hb then 2 weeks later at 7 weeks hb and baby mine was an internal scan i was a week or 2 out by dates gud luck keep us updated xx

Thank you for the update. I don't have any additional advice other than what has already been given.
Just wanted to say FX for you, wife, and bean that all is well.

So today was pretty much the best day of my life. And my wife's life. We heard and saw the heartbeat today. Baby is 8 weeks. DD is 3/31. When the ultrasound tech gave my wife tissues to wipe where the wand was, I thought they were for me and the tears running down my face. :) it finally feels real... So happy :) thank you all for the support and info. To a guy who didn't know anything, you have no idea how much your help provided me. Thanks :) :)

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1af2de.aspx}

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1ad358.aspx

So happy for you two!

So glad you updated us with the great news!

congrats!!!! so good to read happy news!! and thanks for updating!!!!

Yay!!! So happy for you guys! Thank you so much for updating us, I've been watching this thread for more updates and hoping for good news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->