Discussing with DH

B

BumbleBabybee

Hello! I used BB&B as a reference a lot during my first pregnancy. My baby is now one I'm feeling broody for a second. My DH was the one who really wanted to have baby #1 and since having her I'm understanding all that it entails to raise a baby. With that being said…I feel like this is a stage of life and I'd personally like to have my children close together and young together so that when they enter school I can go back to work. If I remain a SAHM (which I'd like to do) and we space our children out every 3 or more years then I feel like I'll never get my career on track. Just a personal decision but I have to speak with DH about it and I'm a bit nervous. The first pregnancy was quite stressful for us but I think we are in a better place to handle it together this time. Any thoughts or previous experience with this?

It sounds like it would be a good move career-wise for you to accomplish both those years as a SAHM before the kids are in school and a career to get back to by not spacing them out as long. If you loved your job and have career goals, that's definitely a good reason to go about it that way, and financially too, when we think about it. Just an extra 3 years off work - it's that much less advancement in your career and that much less income made too in a lifetime. This is if you love your job.

I don't think you'd regret waiting either though. Those years at home with the family are really precious, but you have to do what is right for you.

I had about a year off at home with each and went back to work in between and after and I wish I would have more time with them and work less, but honestly not to the point of being fully a SAHM - I do like being my adult self at work... I can understand both sides of this!

Good luck talking to him about it. I'm sure it'll go well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->