DisneyLand Paris

toosecat13

Reaction score
We are supposed to be going to Disneyland next Saturday for 5 nights, With the tragic events in Paris last night would you still go?

Your opinions would be appreciated x

It's a difficult one. Id wait and see if the travel advice changes. Hopefully you'll be able to get your money back. How sad 😣

My friends going next week too. I think you're probably bas safe there as here, only a matter of time before it happens here again 😣

I don't think I would. At the moment it's been closed.

Sad to say but I would say it will be safer than ever I would be hesitate but woild still go

I would still go, I think it would be even safer after security will be on high alert and that would deter terrorists IMO

It's very much a personal decision
Personally, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself and would have an underlying fear while there. On top of that there is bound to be a very tense atmosphere still, with a lot of reminders around the place of what has happened (in Paris, probably not Disneyland) which I wouldn't want to expose my children to unnecessarily. I also wouldn't want to have to explain the heavy police / military force to my children when they're supposed to be having a magical time.

The best thing to do right now is wait and see what happens over the next day or so. You don't need to make a decision in a hurry but maybe call Disney now and ask what their refund policy is in this situation. The more information you have, the better able to make a decision you will be.

I would follow the travel advice, if it says travel is fine I would go, if we stop living our lives as we wish the terrorists have won. If the government is recommending not to travel I would follow that though, as they don't pluck that from no where.

It hard, I would like to say go as the terrorist are wining if they dictate
what we do, but I would be scared to go I think so I would probably stay at home xxxx

Thanks everyone for your opinions, i think we have decided not to go. I cant risk my childrens saftey like that. Not only that its hardly going to be a fun time there, with what all the poor people are going through.

Have been trying to call the resort all day but cant get through, also the website is down.

Thanks all x

Disneyland is closed today but I imagine you will be able to speak to someone tomorrow. Big hugs xx

We are booked to go in 5 weeks for Christmas I feel really nervous about it keep thinking about if it will be safe or not

I've just read that its been closed till Tuesday. One of my friends is due to go tomorrow so god knows what she is going to do as I'm sure they still aren't letting people into the Country.

I've just read that its been closed till Tuesday. One of my friends is due to go tomorrow so god knows what she is going to do as I'm sure they still aren't letting people into the Country.

They have closed the boarders only by foot or car. Planes have been flying all day in and out and i dont think that will change. Has your friend managed to speak to them, i have had no luck!

We are booked to go in 5 weeks for Christmas I feel really nervous about it keep thinking about if it will be safe or not

Its horrible isnt it, with five weeks to go if you wanted you might be able to cancel and get some of your money back. I dont think i will get any thing back as its a week.

I think if i was going in 5 weeks i perhaps would still go, but now it is just to raw for everyone x

Have you got holiday insurance hun? I would imagine if the government guidelines are to only travel if necessary or if you were physically unable to travel due to transport restrictions that an insurance company would pay out but check the t&c's, failing that I would really hope a company like Disney would be understanding xx

Have you got holiday insurance hun? I would imagine if the government guidelines are to only travel if necessary or if you were physically unable to travel due to transport restrictions that an insurance company would pay out but check the t&c's, failing that I would really hope a company like Disney would be understanding xx

Hi yes i have got holiday insurance i buy a yearly one from debenhams every year, have the goverment issued warnings on travel to Paris? Because if they have i will be able to get the money back from Disney and Easy Jet.

Its horrible isnt it, with five weeks to go if you wanted you might be able to cancel and get some of your money back. I dont think i will get any thing back as its a week.

I think if i was going in 5 weeks i perhaps would still go, but now it is just to raw for everyone x

It is such a worry. At the moment we're thinking it will prob be OK to go as the security will be heightened and to be honest there is probably a risk of attacks in this country anyway. I'm such an anxious person though it's horrible. Hope you get sorted either way. Have you got insurance? You might be able to claim some money back from that if you cancel

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->