DisneyLand Paris

My cousin and her partner are due to go to Disney on Monday! According to Thomas Cook it will be back open by then and they are still allowing travel

So sad tho 😔

My cousin and her partner are due to go to Disney on Monday! According to Thomas Cook it will be back open by then and they are still allowing travel

So sad tho 😔

It is sad, Tell your Cousin to ring Thomas Cook back tomorrow as it is closed until Tuesday, it says that on there website.

So sad tho 😔

It is sad, Tell your Cousin to ring Thomas Cook back tomorrow as it is closed until Tuesday, it says that on there website.

I've just texted her thanks Hun

I'd absolutely go. I think changing your plans is exactly what they want and I don't want to do that. It could be any where and at any time, so we can't live in fear.

Disneyland scans bags as you go in xx

Well after me and oh talking about this last night and today we have had a change of heart and providing nothing else happens in Paris we are going.

Read elsewhere the security has improved since we last went four years ago.

We spoke to Disney today and they wouldnt offer money back, but would swap dates, which is no good to us because we go for the Christmas side of it.

Thanks all for your posts x

I'd do the same, they've only been shut as part of the national state of mourning, not because there were security concerns x

I would go. I was in London at the time of the July 7th bombings (fortunately OH had to be in work early so we went in earlier than normal so were in the office when it kicked off. A friend of mine was in the train behind one that got blown up and ended up walking through the tunnel and others were on the tube at the time. We ended up walking from North London to South London to get home.

Getting back on the tube when it reopened was weird and disconcerting but everyone did it and it was fine

My cousin had to cancel their Disney holiday because her partner couldn't change his week off work so they got a full refund in cash and are hoping to book New York 'Tuesday to Sunday' instead

My cousin had to cancel their Disney holiday because her partner couldn't change his week off work so they got a full refund in cash and are hoping to book New York 'Tuesday to Sunday' instead

Thats good they got there money back, i was thinking about New York this year but didnt fancy the flight with three kids 8,3,2 year olds. We went to Mexico this summer the memory of those flights are going to stay with me for life!!!

Glad they got sorted out x

I hope you have a nice time Hun. I was just coming on to ask the same question so you've saved me a job! When you get back would you mind updating what security is like there now? We're not due to go til March so hopefully things will have died down but I'd still like to think security will be high

I hope you have a nice time Hun. I was just coming on to ask the same question so you've saved me a job! When you get back would you mind updating what security is like there now? We're not due to go til March so hopefully things will have died down but I'd still like to think security will be high

Thankyou and Yes of coarse i will, i am not looking forward to it at all!

Thats good they got there money back, i was thinking about New York this year but didnt fancy the flight with three kids 8,3,2 year olds. We went to Mexico this summer the memory of those flights are going to stay with me for life!!!

Glad they got sorted out x

Well they got 3 hours into their flight to New York and they were told there was a fault on the plane and they had to return to London so they never got to New York and this time have potentionally lost their money too!

Hi just thought i would update, we are still in Disneyland and having a great time.

Security wise could not be better, on arriving at the airport there was the armed forces everywhere (with big guns!!). There was more army boys on all the entrances of the hotels. When we got to our hotel (disney) our suitcases where scanned and a security guy checked our hand luggage. The entrance to the Disney park had more security and again more armed forces. Inside the park there was no security that i saw, but there was alot of Disney workers walking around (i think these were undercover security)
And lets face it it wouldnt look to good with mens with guns in the park.

We feel completely safe here and the French are as always lovely people x
So dont cancel that holiday!!

Hi just thought i would update, we are still in Disneyland and having a great time.

Security wise could not be better, on arriving at the airport there was the armed forces everywhere (with big guns!!). There was more army boys on all the entrances of the hotels. When we got to our hotel (disney) our suitcases where scanned and a security guy checked our hand luggage. The entrance to the Disney park had more security and again more armed forces. Inside the park there was no security that i saw, but there was alot of Disney workers walking around (i think these were undercover security)

Thanks so much for your update we go 3 weeks Sunday now and I have been feeling anxious but your post has put me at ease a little more. Enjoy the rest of your trip xx

Thanks so much for your update we go 3 weeks Sunday now and I have been feeling anxious but your post has put me at ease a little more. Enjoy the rest of your trip xx

We got back last night, you will have a great time we did, it is a Christmas wonderland. Make sure just before the park closes every night you watch the lighting display on the castle, it is breath taking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->