• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do 10 Kegels then BUMP!!

I always do mine while I take my prenatals and calcium at the end of the day, so I remember it all together! I've seen a prolapse before (in a cow, not a person, but still..) and it scared the living heck outta me, so I won't be forgetting my kegels anytime soon!

I (accidentally) saw a relapse on a woman on Embarrassing Bodies and never EVER want that to happen to me!!!!!! Squeeze squeeze squeeeeeze!

Oh and Bump!

I got to sit next to the vet while we poured sugar (yes sugar!) on it and put it back in, then she got stitched up... ahhhhhhhh I'll do kegels all day if thats what it takes hahahha! BUMP :)

I always do mine while I take my prenatals and calcium at the end of the day, so I remember it all together! I've seen a prolapse before (in a cow, not a person, but still..) and it scared the living heck outta me, so I won't be forgetting my kegels anytime soon!

I (accidentally) saw a relapse on a woman on Embarrassing Bodies and never EVER want that to happen to me!!!!!! Squeeze squeeze squeeeeeze!

Oh and Bump!

I got to sit next to the vet while we poured sugar (yes sugar!) on it and put it back in, then she got stitched up... ahhhhhhhh I'll do kegels all day if thats what it takes hahahha! BUMP :)

Haha! I whole heartedly agree! Just out of interest...why the sugar? :shrug:

Hi Girls,

I haven't had the chance to read Every post and sorry if it's been asked a dozen times but how do you do Pelvic Floor Exercises???

Claire xxx

Hi Girls,

I haven't had the chance to read Every post and sorry if it's been asked a dozen times but how do you do Pelvic Floor Exercises???

Claire xxx

Hi Claire! The only way I can think of to describe it is you squeeze the muscle that you would squeeze if you wanted to hold in a pee. If that doesn't make sense then next time you go to the loo try peeing and then trying to stop mid-stream. THAT's the muscle you need to squeeze! :thumbup: Happy squeezing ! x

Hi Girls,

Claire xxx

Hi Claire! The only way I can think of to describe it is you squeeze the muscle that you would squeeze if you wanted to hold in a pee. If that doesn't make sense then next time you go to the loo try peeing and then trying to stop mid-stream. THAT's the muscle you need to squeeze! :thumbup: Happy squeezing ! x

Thank You Born2bmum!!
I would've been guessing it for ages thinking all sorts!! Do ya need to hold it for a certain period of time or just keep doing quick squeezes??

Thanks
Claire xxx

Hi Girls,

Claire xxx

Thank You Born2bmum!!
I would've been guessing it for ages thinking all sorts!! Do ya need to hold it for a certain period of time or just keep doing quick squeezes??

Thanks
Claire xxx

Lol no problemo! Actually I asked that question on this thread a while ago but there was no conclusive result :dohh:. I think everyone's in the same boat, not really knowing if they're doing it correctly or not! But I've been just squeezing short and quick squeezes and since starting it's become much easier to do and I do feel like my muscles are tightening up already so I think quick squeezes are alright!

Thanks Born2bmum!!!

I've done my few although the face pulling I'm sure is not part of it!
Luckily I was alone on the Sofa :haha::haha::haha::haha:

Thanks Again!!
Claire :hug:

Hi Ladies: found this information blurb on kegel exercises from the American Pregnancy Association. Oh yeah, and bump!

Kegel exercises, also called pelvic floor exercises, help strengthen the muscles that support the uterus, bladder, and bowels. Kegel exercises also help strengthen vaginal muscles.

What are the benefits of Kegel Exercises?
Pregnant women who perform Kegel exercises often find they have an easier birth. Strengthening these muscles during pregnancy can help you develop the ability to control your muscles during labor and delivery. Toning all of these muscles will also minimize two common problems during pregnancy: bladder control and hemorrhoids.

Kegel exercises are also recommended after pregnancy to promote perineal healing, regain bladder control, and strengthen pelvic floor muscles. The best thing about Kegel exercises is that they can be done anywhere and no one knows you're doing them.

How to do Kegel Exercises
1)There a few ways to locate your kegel muscles. You can insert a finger into the vagina and try to squeeze the muscles surrounding it. Or you practice stopping the flow of urine when urinating.( although you don't want to do this too often during urination because it can actually weaken the muscles over time and/or increase your chance of a urinary infection.)

2) Once you have located your pelvic floor muscles, contract these muscles for 5-10 seconds, then relax, repeating 10-20 times. (Make sure to empty your bladder before doing your Kegals!)

3) Breathe normally during the exercises, and do this at least three times a day.

4) Try not to move your leg, buttock, or abdominal muscles during the exercises.

When to do Kegel Exercises:
When you're stopped at a red light
In the waiting room at the midwife or doctor's office
Drive-through's such as the bank, dry cleaners, and pharmacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116