do i have to take bottle and milk to the hospital?

star.86

3rd trimester
Reaction score
im planning to breast feed if i can but was wondering what happens if i carnt? do i have to take bottles and sterilizer and milk into hospital with me or will they have some?

thanks x

i was planning on breastfeeding Josh and couldnt, but the hospital had some milk on the ward hun, i think they all do! x

My hospital has bottles on the ward aswell.. I think milk is the only thing I don't have to put in my hospital bag lol

Best to check with the hospital as they all have there own policey, mines doesnt supply anything I have to take in my own milk, bottles, bottle brush, stereliser the lot.

I didnt pack milk, they had pre made formula bottles the kind where you attach the nipple

Think it may be worth while asking your hospital or midwife.
Most hospitals supply it but there are some that dont

Every hospital is different, but most provide ready made milk milk in a steri-bottle. Ask your midwife at next apt. She will be able to tell you!!

thanks guys, deffo a question for my midwife then :)

Best to check with the hospital as they all have there own policey, mines doesnt supply anything I have to take in my own milk, bottles, bottle brush, stereliser the lot.

not sure if it helps, but i bought some sterilizing tablets the other day from the supermarket that you can use in cold water.. i dont think you need a steriliser if you use them.. theyre made by milton, just a thought as it may save you from having to take the steriliser with you :flower:

Most hospitals provide the ready made bottles, and will often give you a couple to go home with if you need them too.

But if yours doesn't you can buy newborn starter packs which have the same type of bottles - all made up and sterile with teats, so all you do it open it when you're ready. I've seen them in larger supermarkets.

our hospital dont supply anything, we got a list of what to take to the hospital from our mw and it said even if i was planning on breast feeding i need to take milk and bottles incase i cant bf. we looked at the ready made bottles like hospitals use but they cost around £15 for 12 tiny bottles, seems alot to spend when im hoping not to need them. instead we have bought some tommee tippee disposable bottles(the are ready sterilised and you just throw them away when used once)the cost £2.99 for 5 from boots and then we just bought some ready made cartons of milk to take with us too xx

our hospital dont supply anything, we got a list of what to take to the hospital from our mw and it said even if i was planning on breast feeding i need to take milk and bottles incase i cant bf.

I'm truly disgusted with your hospital happygal. Way to support breastfeeding :growlmad:

our hospital dont supply anything, we got a list of what to take to the hospital from our mw and it said even if i was planning on breast feeding i need to take milk and bottles incase i cant bf. we looked at the ready made bottles like hospitals use but they cost around £15 for 12 tiny bottles, seems alot to spend when im hoping not to need them. instead we have bought some tommee tippee disposable bottles(the are ready sterilised and you just throw them away when used once)the cost £2.99 for 5 from boots and then we just bought some ready made cartons of milk to take with us too xx

That sucks! I mean what do they do let a newborn cry and starve if you dont have milk? What if you forget or its an emergency and you werent at home on the way to the hospital?

That sucks! I mean what do they do let a newborn cry and starve if you dont have milk? What if you forget or its an emergency and you werent at home on the way to the hospital?

ours is the same too, apparently if you dont take any with you, they send your OH or whoever is there with you to the shop (which is just over the road.. but its not the point!) im, not sure what they would do if you dont have a guest though... :wacko:

Our hospital is the same, I thought all where to be honest.

at my hospital u only have to take ready made cartons of milk if u are planning on bottle feeding they give u the bottles to use but if u are plnning to breast feed u dn have to take anything and if u have problems bf thn they will give u a steri bottle if milk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->