Do not give up hope if you do not see a FP!

LRhoades

Reaction score
I just have to share this with everyone that is at home sick, because they went to their 1st ultrasound and did not see a fetal pole. I had 2 embryos 5-6 day blastocyst transferred. My doc scheduled me for my 1st US at 6w3d according to the 7/25 transfer date. I was told that I had both the gestational sac and yolk sac but NO fetal pole. I was told that this was more than likely blighted ovum. I left my clinic sobbing and DH and I have been trying for 8 years now, (tubal reconstruction, IVF and now donor). They scheduled me for another US 5 days later just to check but I was already getting the "I am so sorry that this happened, and that my body was full of so many hormone drugs that it might take a while before my body realized that there was no baby." Again, all I could do was cry. 4 days later (Saturday) when I got up in the am, I had a gush of fluid, it was bright red blood. I went to the ER. ER did an US and found not only a beautiful HB of 157, but another gestational and yolk sac that had very active blood flow around it. RE said it could be a BABY "B" and time would tell. He also said that there was evidence of a second implantation. I go for my 2nd scheduled ultrasound at my fertility clinic tomorrow. I did not contact them when I went to the ER, so I am VERY curious to see what they see/say tomorrow. I'm just saying, DH want to know what's up now with their equipment, and why this may have been missed? I understand that the FP may not have been visible, it was just too early, but what about the 2nd sac? MY donor nurse was already suggesting that I contact my OB to discuss a DNC, are you kidding, I would have killed my baby, maybe 2. PLEASE....wait and see for 9 weeks, do not let anyone force you into anything that you are NOT ready for. I just had to share my story as I have paid premium prices at a well known national fertility clinic. This is what makes this so scary!:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->