Do you bother de-babying after bedtime?

erikab922

Reaction score
When LO is being put to bed, whomever isn't doing bedtime duty is usually downstairs in the living room putting everything away so we don't have to trip over baby items all night. This was fine when she wasn't as mobile but now every day is like a disaster movie and do you know how freaking hard it is to get banana out of everything?!? Tonight I was just thinking, am I a mug for thinking I can keep tidying everything up at the end of every day, knowing that in 12 short hours it's going to be all over the place again?

Do you put away everything at the end of every day or do you just think, what's the point? I am sitting here looking at browning banana stains in the carpet and a blanket and I seriously cannot be bothered! I fear this is the slippery slope...

Yep, every night :) I'm always on bedtime duty 'cos of BFing, so whilst I'm doing that OH is downstairs washing up the dinner things/cleaning the high chair etc.

Then I wade in and help once F is down. Even though we don't actually spend much time downstairs once F is in bed (we're in the office upstairs instead doing computery stuff). All the toys go away, the table is tidied, stuff is straightened and a cup of tea made! Only then do I feel like I can sit and relax for the evening.

That said - we don't have the banana stains problem. I only give her food in the kitchen where it's laminate flooring :)

Yep.
I'm bathing and boobing, whilst OH does the washing up and puts away toys etc.
I can't relax until its all in its rightful place!

Edit - I could have pretty much copied what Siuan said!

Yes!

All toys/food/mess is cleared up before I can relax, again whoever isn't doing bath/bed does the tidying

Uh it's a slippery slope, keep going or you will swallowed in mess! I'm getting no sleep so I seriously can't be bothered, and the depression coming downstairs to a shitty house every morning - Urgh!

It all depends on the day we've had. It's just me so I don't have someone to wash-up/put toys away/tidy whilst I'm doing bed time so some nights once I've got him to bed I just think sod it and put the soaps on. Some nights I put him down and he wakes up 5 minutes later and we have a nightmare night so I don't have time to do anything, and quite often I'm in bed by 8 reading my book so don't bother! I tend to do most cleaning during the day so don't have loads to do on a night anyway xx

I used to with number one, but, as he got older.... It started to slip!

I do a huge tidy up once a week, thn every evening things are piled together in similar piles and baskets.

I have a mini tornado, so any tidying is totally pointless really. I'd rather enjoy relaxing for those thirty minutes!

YES,

Every night, or it gets out of control.
Especially now that he is older and can make more of a mess.

He takes one nap during the day so I make him clean up all toys before a nap.

He does that again before bedtime.

Can't stand a messy house

Its probably 50/50 with us. I like a nice tidy living room to relax in away from the kids but some days are so stressful that we dont bother! I have good intentions but Im a crap housekeeper so I start off the week meaning to keep on top of it all, but by Thursday its a mess and I just give up lol

Oooh look at you fancy ladies with your fancy laminate floors in your kitchens ;) Ours has CARPET. Yes we have a carpeted kitchen. So we're screwed no matter where she eats. Well our front room is as clean as it can ever get, everything is tidied, I was rightly shamed into doing it by my BnB brethren. Forgive me, I know not what I was thinking!

Every night - I wold keep it up if I were you. The mess only gets worse as they get older, so you may as well make it a part of your routine. it is now for me. 7-8pm is spent tidying, washing up, bottle making and laundry folding lol. :haha:

We always do. I like to have a baby free evening to relax, I can't do that while tripping over singing elephants!

Some nights I just can't be bothered but if I don't then I never enjoy my evenings as much.

Haha I have honestly never seen a carpeted kitchen before!! x

Yes we do. The boys make such a mess I couldn't bare to sit surrounded by all the toys spread around the house every evening. I also have a quick tidy around at nap time to keep on top of it.

i dont care how little time it is, il clear everything up, its nice to see my carpet again :D

It's the nastiest thing in the world - it's not like shag carpet or anything, it's almost like industrial carpet but still, gross. We rent and my SIL got her lino replaced and gave us her old lino but the guy who was going to come fit it got cancer and has been in recovery so we're just waiting for him to get in touch to say he can fit it. So as much as it's so nasty, life could be worse!

The worst with it is in the summer on a really hot day, the kitchen will start to smell like, I don't know, Christmas dinner circa 1997. Mmmm.

Even when we do get the lino, we can't fit her high chair into the kitchen, it's postage stamp sized!

Eeeew... carpeted kitchen... that's just like... ewwww or something. That's 'cos you're living "oop Norf" where posh stuff like laminate is like alien or something...

I dunno - all excuses... lol!

Also, eewwwww... ;)

I do, though it's not really bad at this point because he isn't really mobile and we're hardly ever in anyway! Left to my own devices, if I wasn't with OH, I probably wouldn't though!

Is this a question that applies to a 16 week old? I just pick up enough that the cat doesn't play with the baby toys or pee on things left on the floor.

It's the nastiest thing in the world - it's not like shag carpet or anything, it's almost like industrial carpet but still, gross. We rent and my SIL got her lino replaced and gave us her old lino but the guy who was going to come fit it got cancer and has been in recovery so we're just waiting for him to get in touch to say he can fit it. So as much as it's so nasty, life could be worse!

The worst with it is in the summer on a really hot day, the kitchen will start to smell like, I don't know, Christmas dinner circa 1997. Mmmm.

Even when we do get the lino, we can't fit her high chair into the kitchen, it's postage stamp sized!

Heehee this made me chuckle! Especially the Christmas dinner bit!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->