Do you buy meat from the butchers?

sweetcheeks85

Reaction score
As the title says or do u tend to but from the supermarket? We currently buy all our meat from the supermarket was just wondering if it would be cheaper going to our local butcher?

If u do frequent the butchers what do u tend to buy and how much do u spend :flower:

We have just started going to the butchers for our meat. It costs us roughly the same as a supermarket. Some things are more expensive some things are cheaper. We buy; chicken, sausages, burgers and mince. They also do lovely pies etc which are a tad more expensive but sooo much nicer. Luckily ours is attached to a green grocer and we got a bag of 25kg potatos for £6!!
Definitely better than the supermarket as the meat is fresh, you know where it comes from and you can get advice etc.

I get mine from the butchers, it costs about the same and is nicer

Ours is from the supermarket. Although I might check out our local butchers for price comparison.

I tend to get it from the supermarket but just because it is easier. Otherwise I have to go another 3-4 miles to the local butcher.

We buy from the butchers, it's about the same price but it's nicer and we know the animals have had a happy healthy life.

I buy from both. I tend to get joints from the supermarkets when I do my 'big' shop as they are normally on offer. Bacon & sausages, I get from Butchers, they are about £2.80-3.00 each for a pound, plus 6 free eggs with bacon. I might buy a joint, chicken etc from butchers if I can't be bothered to go to the Supermarket, as I have a butchers 5min walk from my house.

We always buy from butchers as we live just down the road from one, I find some things can be cheaper or the same price. The quality is so much better though
xx

I want to buy from the butchers but havent yet. Its on my street but I feel embarrased to walk in and find its not as cheap as the supermarket and want to walk out again :dohh:

im the same arcanegirl and thats the main reason I havent been yet plus not knowing what to ask for etc lol x

Ive gone right off the Asda brand beef/pork mince and the chicken breast fillets so really should go look or were not eating much :lol:

We buy from the supermarket. I did try the butchers for a couple of weeks about a year ago but for us it worked out more expensive, so I switched back. :)

Tend to buy from the butcher as, although it's more expensive, the quality is better so we need less of it. Plus I can ask them for advice - eg. if I need some cheap meat for a scotch broth they will help me get the right kind.

We buy from a great butchers. They have lots of ready meals which I know are not full of rubbish. We get lovely home made beef casseroles ect and they are fab! Far better than I'd make and you know the meat is good x

I refuse to buy meat at supermarkets anymore. When we first moved here I walked into the butcher shop just up the road and almost all the meat looked grey and manky. :sick: We quickly bought some okay-looking sausages and never went back. Nowadays we order ethically farmed organic meat online and get it delivered frozen.

I buy from a butcher's... you can talk to the butcher and ask how long the meat has been sitting there, what is his best seller, recommendations for dinner if you are stuck etc. I always find that they are a wealth of information and always so jolly and happy to talk too!

Supermarket meat is always mass produced and you dont know how old it is, what chemicals they use to make it look fresh etc. I love my local butcher he is fantastic, I think as long as you have a good one then butcher all the way!

Butcher, The thought of supermarket meat makes me ill.....the way those animals lived and died makes me want to Vom....We are currently growing our own pork and lamb, ready for slaughter in approx setember tho, so looking forward to that, as then i really will know its complete history.

I sound terrible, and i know lots of people cant afford to eat butchers meat, but id sooner not eat meat at all than have to eat supermarket meat after the stories iv read/seen x x

Sometimes, for certain meats. I love to get steaks and special sausages from there. I find our butcher to be higher than the supermarket, then again you're paying for quality meats.

We buy beef and chicken from the local supermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->