do you buy your child 18+ games?

C

cherryglitter

i'm just being nosey.
it's something i will never do.

my dad's gf constantly buys her 8 year old really dodgy games :dohh: (this is leading on from the spoilt thread :rofl:)
recent one is call of duty.

I wont with izzy or this little 1. But me and oh play the playstaion alot he is more a call of duty widow than me :haha: But give it another 6 months and these games will be put away and wont be coming out untill there in bed!:thumbup:

No way! No age-inappropriate games or films allowed whilst children are about here, never mind letting them actually play/watch them. My stepsons get some shocking stuff allowed by their mother but that's another story........ :flow:

it's quite scary to watch.
this kid came over to our house once. flipped the xbox STRAIGHT on without a "hi" or anything. then proceeded to play OH's games. (which we weren't happy about anyway!)

then started doing all the weird moves on smackdown. i was crapping myself as he was doing it all around jake. crazy how much it can influence children.

all whilst his mum just sat there laughing.

No, my children are 3, 6 and 7 and I wont even allow DH to play it in front of them. In the new Call of Duty there is one scene (WARNING FAIRLY GRAPHIC)
where you have to put a noose around the 'bad guys' neck and strangle him, then smash his head against the glass until it breaks, then you both fall through the glass, you hold on to him so his hanging there and you see his head go when the neck breaks :sick: and then you watch him hang there for a minute or so whilst you (the character) smokes.
In no way is that suitable for an eight year old IMHO. You can set the game to have no blood etc but whats the point when the whole game is based on killing?

Jasper's 8, and no, I do not. I buy E, or sometimes one that is for whatever the next one is (can't remember what it is called). One day hubby did, and he promptly was sent back to the store to return it.

I know. I often wonder if parents that let young children on these types of games just dont watch what their child is playing because surely they cant think a child seeing that, is right?

i did wonder that too.
i hate to say it but maybe it's a generation thing >.<

Dan plays 18+ games, he is 13, he has probably been playing them for a few years now, I know bad mummy but they havent caused any problems so far. Dec plays a few racing game that are 18+ but I am guessing they are 18+ due to the skill required to use them, as there is no violence in them.

Erm, Christ, it would all depend on the game/or film..

When my nephew goes to his Nanas house (FOB's parents) he's come back and he's been allowed to watch Harry potter.. But these films ARE quite scary.. And my nephew is 2 (3in January) and Harry potter is NOT appropriate. Annoys me with all the children's toys etc to do with Harry potter, because only the first one is alright for a child, the rest are too dark and violent, yet their merchandise is marketed at the young children : :shrug:

I won't have a blanket ban - age 18 and NO negotiating, I'll decide as and when things crop up

I know. I often wonder if parents that let young children on these types of games just dont watch what their child is playing because surely they cant think a child seeing that, is right?

Dan has played them from he was about 10, I have seen what is in them and I have researched them online, I guess I am just relaxed, its not a case of him seeing that being right its a case of, if he doesnt play them at home he will sneak of and play them elsewhere :shrug:

When my nephew goes to his Nanas house (FOB's parents) he's come back and he's been allowed to watch Harry potter.. But these films ARE quite scary.. And my nephew is 2 (3in January) and Harry potter is NOT appropriate. Annoys me with all the children's toys etc to do with Harry potter, because only the first one is alright for a child, the rest are too dark and violent, yet their merchandise is marketed at the young children : :shrug:

I won't have a blanket ban - age 18 and NO negotiating, I'll decide as and when things crop up

good thing about OH's - they can test the 'waters' of a game first!

Dec has been a big Harry Potter fan since he was about 2.5 years old. He loves them all :shrug:

good thing about OH's - they can test the 'waters' of a game first!

Exactly, OH only plays FIFA, I'll decide on the game and what not as it comes up though, some aren't violent and might be more the skill thats why it's got an age?

As for films, if he asks to watch one and I'm unsure, I may watch it first and decide

Dec has been a big Harry Potter fan since he was about 2.5 years old. He loves them all :shrug:

They're quite scary! They scare me - maybe I'm just a wuss!

just to add - i played 'dodgy' games and watched films i shouldn't have done when i was younger. but i was about 14.... not 8.
kids are doing things younger and younger these days. :jo:

:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"