do you buy your child 18+ games?

I wouldn't buy them for my child until they were 15/16. I think by then it's fair for them to play them, in my opinion. But absolutely no younger than that. I don't understand why parents of primary and intermediate school age let their kids play R rated games - like, my sister lets my 12 year old nephew play GTA. Why?! :shrug: He doesn't need to play games about shooting people and picking up hookers. Sure, I own a couple of them and they're good fun, but they're not for 12 year olds!

i have a 3 year old so can't really comment, obviously he doesn't play, but i wouldn't stop a teenager from playing, also i leave it to my own discression tbh, instead of letting someone else decide whats appropriate :) i.e the age rating people lol (just forgot the name hahhah)

I wouldn't buy them for my child until they were 15/16. I think by then it's fair for them to play them, in my opinion. But absolutely no younger than that. I don't understand why parents of primary and intermediate school age let their kids play R rated games - like, my sister lets my 12 year old nephew play GTA. Why?! :shrug: He doesn't need to play games about shooting people and picking up hookers. Sure, I own a couple of them and they're good fun, but they're not for 12 year olds!

My son is 12 and has been asking for these games for about 4 yrs now. We've always said no as I don't think they're appropriate until the age that's stated on them. He's always been so good, never gone on about it until this yr when when he's admitted his friends are now taking the piss out of him. I've seen stuff online when he's had his xbox live on and it's quite cruel although not bullying. I hate him being the ONLY one out of his friends that doesn't get these games just because I'm the only responsible parent so feeling under pressure for him not to be singled out I've caved in and he's getting modern warfare for Xmas. It kills me to do it and I've always said he'd never had them till at least 15 but hey ho. He's a good kid, plays sports everyday golf, cricket, football, boxing training , scootering so at least he won't get an awful lot of time to be on there. It's more the addiction that concerns me not so much yhe content, he's seeing the real life stuff on the news these days!! And under no circumstances will he ever have gta!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->