Do you decorate your stairs?

choc

Reaction score
I am planning to try to decorate the stair case this year, it's our first Christmas in this house and the stairs are a lot nicer than the previous ones!
Not sure whether to go for a garland or just lights. We'd need about 3m for a garland I think.
If you decorate your stairs, let's see them if you have photos please! Or pics/links to the decorations you have. Help me decide!

I do! I usually put tinsel around the hand rail, and the post at the top and bottom of the stairs. My sister in law stands Christmas cuddly toys up one side of hers

No we have really odd stairs the kind that goes up in stages, I’d love to get a corner shelf for the top of the first set to decorate. I have put a light up Santa on our stairs window though.

I decorate mine with garland and little white lights !

We then usually hang the kids stockings from one of the spindles as they have their own tree in the hall with all their homemade items on !

Will see if I can find a picture !

We put tinsel up the spindles and then we have christmas candles in lanterns on the steps that they change direction (ours go up and around)

If I could, I would. My stairs are sandwiched between the living room and playroom walls, unlike my last house.

Thanks for the ideas, I've ordered a garland type thing and some lights for the shelf opposite the stairs. Hope I like it when it comes!

I don't normally but was saying when I was taking down the Halloween decorations, that I liked having the lobby decorated and that I was going to pick up extra lights and tinsel for the banister this year - show us a photo when you've done yours?

My mother lives in an apt building and she decorates it. The stairs, windows, and main door.

I’ve seen some lovely green garland with berrys on in Home Bargains . I might get this

This post made me laugh to myself. I'm in the middle of actually decorating my stairs after being plastered.. there is no way we're sticking anything on these fresh walls :rofl:

We don't have banister rails so can't decorate them with garlands. I do think they look lovely on open staircases....wish we had one X

Oh I wreck the walls each year putting the decorations up and DH goes mad and fixes it every year .

I only get away with it beucase I say it’s for the kids hahaha . Going to try my best this year not to wreck the walls !!

I put garland on mine and tie it on with some wire so it doesn't wreck the banister

I would like to. I have been looking at realistic faux fir garlands but I am not sure my OH will approve when he sees the prices :haha:

I have garlands/swags around my living room mirror. Seen better days though. I think I need a browse around the range :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->