Do you ever feel like if you're NTNP for so long & don't conceive somethings wrong?

whimesy3

Reaction score
This is my first month TTC, and I'm a little bit more uptight about it all because of the fact that I was NTNP for 10 months. I just feel like most pregnancies amongst all the people I know, only 2 out of like 100 of those pregnancies were planned. So obviously it was easy for them, why should it have not happened for me? In my entire life, I have only been on birthcontrol for 1 month and I am 28 years old. Also, when I was 22 years old, I was NTNP for like 9 months and nothing happened. I do feel like when I was 22, I likely on many of those occasions was not even having sex within my fertile window. But at least a few times I was for sure. Still nothing. Then between the ages of 23 and 26 no man ever ejaculated in me, and I really wasn't that sexually active at all. But between the ages of 27 and now (turned 28 a few months ago), at least 6 out of those 10 months I was having unprotected sex with sperm inside of me,right in that fertile window, and nothing ever happened. So now that I am trying actually, I feel like I am never going to have a baby, especially considering I am 28, and it is a fact that fertility starts to decline at 27. My AF is due next monday, and I am so sad already because I can feel her coming. Anwyays am I the only one who feels this way?

Didn't want to R&R... but this is only my first cycle NTNP/TTC. I do worry that we're being too relaxed about it, and that it'll take forever... or we'll waste months and months NTNP when we really needed to be TTC, temping and watching and making sure we BD on the right days and all that.

I'm also 28, and don't really think fertility 'declines' after 27 as much as we're led to believe. How are your cycles? Are they irregular, or heavy and clotty AF, or anything like that? I'm just wondering why you're so focused on your age... the right age to have a baby is when you're ready, whether that be 25 or 35. :hugs:

I definitely worry about it. I'm 27 as well and TTC #1. We NTNP for 6 cycles and are currently on a break because of a vaccine I needed but after 6 months without any luck, I went to the dr to have some tests done. Everything came back "normal" so we have to try for another 3 cycles and then the dr will allow us to take an Infertility class. I think it'll be pretty useless since I already know my cycle, charted temps, used OPKs, monitored cervical fluid, etc. and know we were BDing during my fertile window which is what they'll cover at the class but it's a requirement before we can go on to using Clomid or similar. So, yea, I'm with you and stress about it. This is the only time I've ever been sexually active off birth control so I don't have past experiences to compare it to but my OH was previously married and in four years NTNP never got pregnant either so as soon as the dr will let us, I want him to have a sperm analysis too. Once I know everything is "working right" for each of us, I think I'll be a lot less stressed about it though.

I find myself worrying sometimes as well. I was actually talking to my husband the other day about how anxious I am sometimes. I know it's possible for us, we've already had one, we've only been trying for three cycles and my cycles are relatively normal, at least normal for me, my doctor gave me the go ahead. So why do I worry so much? I get like this about everything and have next to no patience when I really want something so I'm sure that's part of it. I also think it's normal for women to second guess themselves when these things take awhile, it doesn't necessarily mean that something is wrong.

However if you really do feel that something could be wrong a trip to the doctor would not be irrational or anything and it could at least put your mind at ease.

:hugs:

Thanks ladies... This is all so hard to deal with.. but fertiltiy does decline at 27... this is a medical fact. Fertlity has nothing to do with when you are ready. You could be reaady at 35, but mother nature tells you its too late! Thats just life... but thank you all so much for being so encouraging...

I have always read a woman's fertility declines at 35. Never the less, I got pregnant without trying at 35 and know several women who have in their late thirties/ early forties. 28 years old is still very young to have a baby in this day and age. Good luck! I hope you get a bfp fast.

I have always read a woman's fertility declines at 35. Never the less, I got pregnant without trying at 35 and know several women who have in their late thirties/ early forties. 28 years old is still very young to have a baby in this day and age. Good luck! I hope you get a bfp fast.

Aww thank you. So very sweet of you :hugs:

I have read on several sites that ferlitiy declines at the age of 27.. "New studies have shown".. But I dont think that it means you cant get pregnant after 27, I just think they mean it wont be as easy.

My grandma had a baby after 35 I think, so did my Aunt on my dads side, and my mom had one at 42.. So I don think this is a definate thing, but because I read that, I am a little fearful...

I have just never been a lucky person at all.

But you are so very sweet. I hope you get yours soon too if that is what youre looking for... :)

Just wanted to tell you to keep trying and it will happen for you!

I was on BC for a year, and it led to bleeding almost 25 days each month, so quit that, as well as decided to try for a baby and almost 5 years later we finally had a little bean. It took a very long time and I was positive that I had something wrong with me as my cycles are very irregular and I had a self-induced medical condition that I know can screw with fertility. I don't know if Gabe is our miracle baby or if I am ok.

My point is, keep trying, keep hoping, because it will happen! Blowing lots of baby dust your way!

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->