Do you fell baby 'pop'?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I can't believe I'm 12 weeks today...it's felt like ages getting here and yet, such a long way to go yet!

Since yesterday afternoon I have felt so uncomfortable it's unbelievable. I cannot get comfortable. Last night I sat up too quickly in bed and I got massive muscle pains accross my tummy, I'm really sore all accross my lower tummy and it feels like I've been punched or something.

Could this be baby moving up from my pelvis? Or should it be painless? I'm not bleeding and the pain is not bad, it's just really uncomfortable a bit like in the first few weeks the stretching pains were just always there.

This is my first pregnancy so could it be that the old bod is putting up a fight?! :rofl:

Thanks girls xx

Think I have an explanation - thank you google.

During the third or fourth month of pregnancy, women frequently get a sharp stabbing pain in their groin or to one side. It may come on at sudden intervals, might be worse if you suddenly get up, stretch or move and it might disappear then reappear a few days later. It can be really worrying to suddenly get pains like this, but usually it's due to the ligaments or muscles around your uterus in your pelvis stretch and thicken as they support your growing baby.

https://www.babyandpregnancy.co.uk/AbdominalPelvicPainPregnancy.html

that sounds reassuring so try not to worry hun xx

OMG I've been getting those pains.. if I cough/sneeze and if I move around to quick in bed it sometimes happens. I'm way to early for all that tho! Unless I got a big one in there :rofl:

Hi aimee-lou

Congrats on reaching 12 weeks :happydance:

I have had exactly the same thing all week and was in a right state! I called the midwife who advised that it will be the uterus starting to come up and it's perfectly normal. It didn't help that I had major constipation which has now cleared and pains not quite so bad but definitely still there!

xx

Thnaks everyone.

It's just so uncomfortable. I kind of thought that it was just stretching but just wanted to make sure.

Nice to get to 12 weeks though.....cannot wait for my scan now!!!!! :happydance::cloud9:

Hiya darling! I know exactly how you feel I have had the same thing! I was up all night last night with the most terrible wind (oops sorry!!!) it was such an agony!!!! I know that tummy issues cause pain too but if you think about what is happening the shooting pains seem to make sense! Yay for you being 12 weeks!!!!!!

I've been getting them whilst driving. Good to know it ain't bad :)

Really feel for you with the wind.....i suffer normally so I'm kind of used to it now! :blush:

Thanks muchly......yes it does make sense but you know how we worry. It's my first real twinges for over a month so took me a little by surprise. S'pose it's just bubs making themselves at home! :happydance:

Ill be 12 weeks on Monday and i too have been getting strange twinges and if i turn around in bed or get out of bed to quickly a pain across my tummy too. Cant remember having it with first baby but im looking forward to my scan on Monday to confirm everything is OK! x

I had the same feeling on tuesday, I was 9 weeks 3 days and it really worried me. Having mooched around the good ole' net it would seem to be absolutly normal and I'm glad we didn't rush out to A+E as DH wanted.

These pains are indeed stretching and growing pains and although frightening are usually a sign that all is well.

Always check with your midwife whenever you are worried, reassuring us is part of their job and sometimes a quick phonecall is all it takes to calm us down.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->