Do you really feel "old" ?

miel

Married to an amazing guy
Reaction score
now that you are past 35 ...do you feel old or do you still feel like you have plenty of energy and you age wont affect your ttc journey ?

part of me think that my age wont matter and my ttc problems were not related to my age but sometimes i wonder ?

do you feel you have as much chances to get pregnant than a 20 year old?

No I still feel the same as when I was in my 20's, alot more wiser though!:haha: It really is all a state of mind I think, Im nearly 42 an still carry on like a teen sometimes mucking around with my DH, I will try and stay in Never Never Land for as long as I can, I think having kids at his age will also keep me younger both physically and mentally!

I'm going to be 39 this year and I still feel young. Even though all my plumbing seems to be in working order, when I go to see the Dr. and they call me perimenopausal It makes me want to throw up. I feel so old when they say that.

I still feel young for sure - however when I went to the FS and was told I had DOR (dimished ovarian reserve) that was a big wake up call that my reproductive system is a lot older than I feel, and it is defintely been a lot harder ttc journey than any 20 year old!

I don't feel particularly old now, but I do worry about still having kids at home when I'm 60!

I am 37 and been TTC#1 for 14 months now and I must say that I do not feel old. I feel healthier now than I was in my 20's and know what I want from life now. The only person who made me feel old was my first OB/GYN who kept on mentioning the age factor so much and in such a negative way that always made me upset. Needless to say I changed docs and found a wonderful clinic where they are more positive.

I do accept that most people in their 20's will not be having the problems I am experiencing TTC but I know that I will get there it will just take a bit of patience.

In a way I don't feel old at all. I look much younger than my age (or so I am told) and I am quite fit. I certainly don't feel like I'm about to turn 40 in November and even though everyone seems to think it is the best bday and one to celebrate, I only see it as a drag that is placed upon me against my wish!!! I guess ttc has a lot to do with it.

Saying that, my energy is not what it used to be. I don't think it is so much my age per se but having brought up two children already, mostly on my own. This is the one thing I worry about at the prospect of starting again, but I know the love I will have for that other child will make the tiredness all worth it. I might start looking my age then though!!!

In a way I don't feel old at all. I look much younger than my age (or so I am told) and I am quite fit. I certainly don't feel like I'm about to turn 40 in November and even though everyone seem to think it is the best bday and one to celebrate, I only see it as a drag that is place upon me against my wish!!! I guess ttc has a lot to do with it.

Saying that, my energy is not what it used to be. I don't think it is so much my age per se but having brought up two children already, mostly on my own. This is the one thing I worry about at the prospect of starting again, but I know the love I will have for that other child will make the tiredness all worth it. I might start looking my age then though!!!

ha - i'm the same, nobody ever believes I'm 36 (must be immature :haha:) but i'm sure a few months of sleepless nights will soon change that!!

I dont feel old. Im 42. I had kids when i was young too...19 actually and now they are 23 and 21. I actually dont worry about having kids around when im 60 as i have have 20 year olds atm and its fine..infact they have all left home. I dont regard that as a problem at all. When my dd is 20, i will be 59 and 60 with my ds. Its really not a big deal. I would say, it might be, if you had teenagers then or young ones..but not 20+
I worry more about not being there!!! or one of us not being there. x

Hi ladies

I have just been loitering around and noticed this section.

I found out I was pregnant with my first on my 21st birthday, what a pressie that was! We didn't plan anymore but then OH and I talked about ttc and thought yes we will try again as I wasn't getting any younger as such so I came off on the pill and 3 months later found out I was pregnant with my 2nd baby boy who was born last June.

I don't feel old at all and know that I have been very lucky as I thought I would have more problems ttc 2nd time round. I still think I am 21 sometimes!!

Good luck to everyone xx

I've just turned 29 this June and had a baby boy 3 weeks ago - I'm in such a wierd place age wise at the moment because im not exactly young and im not old either - but i do feel very old because of the number 29 and the fact that i'll be out of my 20s next year...

I want 2 more children and hopefully i will have them before 33 but it's going to be very difficult...

I am 35 and don't feel old at all. Actually everyone whoever meets me thinks I am 26. Here's to hoping mmy insides are like a 26 yr olds too!
We got pregnant fairly quickly after 3 cycles, but that ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks. Unfortunately that made me really feel 35 like it was my age that caused the mc. Hopefully next time it will stick!

feel the same as i did in my 20s age is just a number.

only wish i was 10 years younger so i might have better chance of baby,as internal age lets us down at the end of the day

sucks big time getting older :growlmad:

i dont feel old and thankfully dont look old lol:thumbup:i would love to see what you look like ladies.

I feel young. Most people think I'm younger. I am proud to say I am 39 years old.
My children are 20, 18 and 12 and I am so glad I had them young. I had my youngest DD when I was 27 and it took me two years to get pregnant with her.

I've been TTC for almost 6 years and its like I'm always trying to beat the clock *sigh*

Artic baby you crack me up.... so if 39 is the new 29~~~~44 must be the new 24 sounds good any way ~~~uh oh that would be the same age as my oldest DS lmao

I am 37 next Tuesday - I had a Lani just a few months ago after 2 weeks of trying!! The only negative I had with pregnancy was the high Downs Syndrome risk given (partly with the nuchal schan etc) but which my age alone raised significantly.... (Lani born perfectly healthy though)

I am soooooo broody again at the moment (the lack of sleep etc of a newborn has just made me want the early stages again even more) I think we will be trying again quite soon....

I had a host of other issues stopping me from getting pg! I'm 37 and I don't at all feel old, and now that my issues have been resolved I feel like I have as much of a chance as any 20 year old.

Hey girls,
I like this thread cause after having the NHS docs stressing and underlining my age over and over I find myself asking the same question to myself all the time. I just had my 37th bd and it feels like I spent a whole year wondering about this. I'd like to boooh the docs who make you feel so insecure if you don't mind :))
I just wish there was a little mirror that I can show up to my eggs, or they could just start communicating simultaneously and let me know about their age :))) Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->