Do you think its odd?

Thanks for your responses, they are interesting. I think maybe i have asked the wrong question. Maybe the question should be would your dh do it? Mine wouldnt as he is not interested in the womens chat kind of thing.
Btw, i dont personally have any issue with him asking mums round. Its just im surprised as a guy he would be interested in the kind of chat that woman have.

I don't think your OH is looking at it right though. Right now, if he's out at work all day he wouldn't have much in common with the SAHMs. The things I talk about with other SAHMs are mostly child-related, or about the family. If your OH was a SAHD, those would (hopefully) be the kinds of things he would become interested in - it's not "women's chat", it's stay-at-home-parent chat :)

My OH as he is now wouldn't go to a mum's group if he had a day off, but if he was always at home I think he would make friends with the mums because his interests/days would change from being about business to being about kids.

Thats like saying a mum shouldnt invite a child and their dad over for their child. Doesnt matter what sex they are men and women can be friends without it being any more

Im not personally stating that i have an issue with it..just merely posing the question! I dont have any issue with it at all if thats what SAHD decides to do. I just wondered on others reactions - men and women. In relation to my dh, he is a SAHD 3 days of the week when i am at work...but he still wouldnt entertain it. Maybe he is old fashioned but he just isnt interested in womens chat - regardless. He does however take our kids to nursery and is not ignorant - says hello and does sometimes walk up the road with mothers but is just not interested in taking part in more than that - 'play dates' that involve him having to stay. He is quite happy to have my dd friends round or ds but not their mums or even dads for that matter although SAHD tbh are few and far between. here.

There is one dad who used to come to our group and invited me over but everyone was saying he must have fancied me or he was weird,I think he just wanted company with someone who had kids of similar age.
I think its a good thing but unfortunately you will always get people who think its strange,which is a shame.

Why would it be odd? Its no different from a mum asking other mothers and the odd dad around so their children can play.

Are stay at home dads supposed to be isolated because they're male :/

I have a very good friend in the US who's a stay at home dad...obviously he hangs out with SAHM's so his kids can have someone to play with! I don't find it odd at all!

As far as my husband goes, he'd never be happy staying at home with the kids and me working! We're very traditional when it comes to that even though we both come from matriarch families. For us it's more balanced for him to work and support our family (I worked too but got laid off due to the crisis) and I stay home and make sure he comes home to a lovely meal and a beautiful home! Of course that doesn't mean that he doesn't help around the house or I can't have days when I go out all day with my friends and bring home take out or have him cook something lol we're not THAT traditional :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->