• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think princess Kate will BF?

jaybee

Mum to Tobias & Alexander
Reaction score
Now that Kate and William's baby is due immenintly, do you think she will BF?

I think it would be AMAZING if she was to BF is public. I'm not saying get her baps out for all to see, but a discreet feed like we all do. (Or try to)

Obviously if she chooses to FF that's totally fine, but for the right reasons.

What are your thoughts?

I feel really sorry for her. She has so much pressure on her to BF in public, she must be absolutely petrified. If I had an audience waiting to see me BF in Costa I think I would chicken out.

I can't see her doing it, she seems to be a very modest person. I don't blame her though, it's really nobody's business. Pressure or not, she's just going to be a new mom with her new baby, and she deserves all of the privacy she needs.

I'd not thought of this. I think she's going to be under immense pressure and a lot of her parenting decisions will be scrutinised, I feel sorry for her.

I think she will breastfeed, but I seriously doubt you'll ever see her do it. She seems down to earth, but not terribly controversial. Then again, I am basing my opinion based on info gathered reading People and watching the William and Kate movie, so what do I know?

I hope she does whatever she is most comfortable with. She's still a person and it's still her child, regardless of their being public figures. I wouldn't want her to do anything for the purpose of making a statement.

What does formula feeding "for the right reasons" mean?

I meant, that because it is her and William's choice, not because the 'palace' thinks its the right thing.

Ha ha! Maybe she will just feed her baby and not worry about how. Or maybe she will feel pressured into doing it the way that she feels she should be expected to. Either way, she is probably just worried about giving birth to a healthy baby and not worrying about the rest yet. Which is surely how most people are? xx

I meant, that because it is her and William's choice, not because the 'palace' thinks its the right thing.

Diana BF the boys and it is reported that the Queen BF some/all (depending on what you read) of her children, so I doubt the palace would push for her to FF.

I hope she makes what ever decision she is comfortable with and if that is BF then I doubt she will NIP.

I hadn't thought about it, I could really care less which she does. I hope she does whatever she wants to. Poor girl, I do feel badly for her though, she's under such scrutiny it seems.

I don't think it's anyone's business how she feeds her baby. Sure it would be great if she breastfed but its her baby, and her choice. Just because she's in the public eye doesn't mean she should be subjected to such scrutiny and pressure. The baby will be fed, clothed and well looked after. That is all that matters.

I think she will BF and I think she will be quite brazen with it!

I hope she does what she feels happy with, like most of us do.
It makes me feel nauseous thinking about the pressure she's under. I'm sure she didnt dream that her first pregnancy would end up with paparazzi camping outside the door, or people debating her choices.

I can't see her doing it, she seems to be a very modest person. I don't blame her though, it's really nobody's business. Pressure or not, she's just going to be a new mom with her new baby, and she deserves all of the privacy she needs.

She did get papped sunbaking topless though, I think she prob will bf. Apparently she is styaing with her parents when the bub is new, so apart from a public welcome sort of thing to show the baby, I don't think she will be out much with him/her much at all. I def don't think she will bf in public, it is just not the 'Royal' thing to do.

I don't think it's anyone's business. I feel bad that she's being put under a microscope. I've already seen a story the other day on the morning news show about if she will bf or not. Of course it would be great if she does it and brings more normalcy to bf'ing but I'm sure she will make the best choice for her and her baby in her particular situation .

She did get papped sunbaking topless though, I think she prob will bf. Apparently she is styaing with her parents when the bub is new, so apart from a public welcome sort of thing to show the baby, I don't think she will be out much with him/her much at all. I def don't think she will bf in public, it is just not the 'Royal' thing to do.

On her honeymoon, in a private house from 2 miles away.

If she does BF i doubt it will be exclusively because of all the public appearances she does but its none of our business what she does ether way.

I agree with you both. I think like the vast majority of women she will try to BF and will say she is BF'ing as this will appease the press. However, I think after the initial photoshoot we will not see the baby again for sometime and we will certainly never see it fed in public by any method. I think if anyone asks about feeding once the baby is born they will just say it's a private matter, as they should. I really feel for her, I'm no royalist but having your child and parenting under the spotlight must be horrible.

Legally, can people photograph a mother feeding her child?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->