Do you think princess Kate will BF?

To be honest, she doesnt influence me. Her choices wouldnt influence me, from her feeding choices to what nappies she uses. I honestly don't care! This idea the media has of the public copying her every move and purchase stuns me. I'd like to hope people make their own choices on what is right for them and not just because "oh Kate has the latest xxxxx buggy, blah blah" It happens already though - if she wears an affordable dress, its out of stock pronto :dohh:

4 years ago if this was to happen she wouldnt have encouraged me to breastfeed! :nope: I was dead set on FF (oh how that changed!) It was my own experiences that encouraged me.

Same here.

I feel so sorry for Kate! They are already camped outside the hospital?! :nope: That makes me angry!! Give the poor woman a break.

I hope she births at home so they all camp there for nothing! :haha:

I hope she does what she wants in regards to bf. I know if I were in her position I wouldn't be able to bf in public. I struggled enough doing it in public and I am nobody. If I were her, I would feel like the whole world was watching me, which sadly, they would be :(

AP I am the same, my experiences with Honey led me to wanting to BF not peoples opinions or demands.

However I have to say I've been asked a LOT over the years by people I know and people I don't know how I will feed the baby, so it happens all the time duchess or not. Just happens to be on a bigger scale for her. And yes I do feel sorry for her for that, pressure must be awful.

Haylee, yep one half of the road has been closed from Sunday night until the end of the month for the press because the hospital were worried about ambulances etc getting through if they didn't sort out the press situation.

Oh that's horrible! I'd be determined to home birth just to avoid the media! Glad it's sorted out. I can't believe one side of the road has been closed for them! This is outrageous, but I suppose it's necessary.

Poor, poor Kate. I feel for her so much.

It would make you think about it for sure but not sure I would want all those corgi's jumping on me in labour :winkwink: :haha:

The stupid thing is, if she goes from the main road and not where the street parking is, she can slip through the building to the lindo wing without ever being seen by the press. I hope she manages that x

I was just thinking surely she won't be arriving at the front of the hospital, they'd have to have another way for her. Then that make me think, what are the paparazzi even doing there? Once she is there, are they going to take photo's of the building because she's inside? :rofl:

It is complicated because how it is set out. There is the main building and the front of the lindo wing (private maternity suite) on the street where the paps are, this is actually a sort of side road although still busy, then you have the entrance to some of the buildings on the main road which is incredibly busy as it is right next to Paddington station, one road off Hyde Park corner etc. So she could jump out of the car on the main road (there is always traffic), go straight into one of the other buildings and cut through that way. It is incredibly likely she will be spotted by someone though whether that be people on the street or the press.

I don't want to know before the easel goes up :nope: there is so much magic in that tradition. Wish the press would just back off & leave her be.

Sue, I thought the exact same. I LOVE that the tradition is being kept, I just wish it was properly x

Look, even if my MIL was waiting outside I'd lamp her. :rofl:
Poor lass

Probably not the best idea for her to hit her MIL :haha:

If I had to guess I'd say she will, but not in public. I think she won't be seen 'off duty' ever again really but definitely not in the first year I reckon.

Also totally don't get the poor kate thing! She knew what she was doing enrolling in the same course as William :winkwink:

No Tasha :rofl: I didn't think that through very well did I! Pink moment

Not to mention, it would actually be impossible for her to hit her MIL!

She should just not hit anybody lol :haha:

Some thing tells me that Kate's pretty forthright and kickass so I don't doubt that she will do whatever she chooses.
I think the palace will be incredibly supportive.

xo

Unfortunatly, we live in this celebrity obsessed world where people go and buy a home colouring kit because they like Cheryl Coles colour on the advert ... Does anyone really think she colours her hair at home?! Not everyone would be influenced but some would, like a pp said.. The Reiss dress she wore was sold out within hours!
The biggest influence in breast feeding rates in this country right now would be Kate.

I don't think for one minute she should do it for any other reason but for her and her baby but I'd love to see her wop a boob out in star bucks!

What does it matter what she does? It's none of our damn business.

I think it's more about raising the profile of BF, people don't care if I BF, but magazines and the media will care if Kate does. I don't know if people will be directly influenced, but any positive publicity for BF has got to be a good thing, especially as the Daily mail seems to be trying to diminish it in recent years. If the future queen of England BF surely this helps promote "BF is the norm".

I've never seen anyone get bashed for breastfeeding? In the UK pretty much everyone knows "breast is best" it could not have a higher profile it already does. I think very few moms that formula feed do it out of choice (I realise some do) and they're constantly feeling guilty about failing to breastfeed.

I tried breastfeeding and without going into how and why I had to stop because I hate having to explain why as it feels I'm expected to justify it and I refuse ...I feel happy I did the right thing and I have a happy thriving baby. I don't feel guilty like a lot of formula feeders do because I know what I feed my baby doesn't define me as a mom. I never feel guilty and no lactivist can ever make me feel bad about how I feed my baby. I sometimes feel these women that care SO much how others feed their babies and have to constantly remind you HOW they feed their babies have a lot of insecurities and breastfeeding is their only upper hand or the first thing they've ever "achieved" in life.

Personally as much as some of you would love to see her breastfeeding in public ... I hope she's a rebel and wops out a Dr Browns bottle to feed her baby, proving it's HER choice to do what's right for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->