Do you think this is horrible? Honestly!!!

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
We've always had our hearts set on 2nd daughter (if we have one) being called Jessica Jane, but Jessica is getting more and more common so I'm just not sure anymore??
The name Briony came up this morning and we both really like it but not sure if its too odd to go with DD Louise's name? And also, if everyone will hate it?
Would ideally like to keep it as Briony Jane but also not sure if that goes or if I want her having the initials BJ??? Lol

I know quite a few Brionys, not heard it used much recently though. I think it goes fine with Louise.

Briony Jane sound fine together, but I wouldn't want the initials BJ :haha: I'm fussy like that though.

I love Jessica Jane :thumbup: not popular where I am :)

The names are all fine, but the initials BJ... I wouldn't do that to my child!

Not really on topic, but I knew someone who called their kid 'Bejay'.....:dohh:

For young children, I haven't taught a Jessica that is currently under 20. Not to be biased...but as a Jessica of the 80s in Canada, I never suffered having a popular name is not an awful thing - I am still an individual.

If you go with BJ initials....I doubt much will come of it. My nephew is B.J.W. From my knowledge kids dont even know his middle and if they heard they are likely to busy on their cell phone to make a connection.

For young children, I haven't taught a Jessica that is currently under 20. Not to be biased...but as a Jessica of the 80s in Canada, I never suffered having a popular name is not an awful thing - I am still an individual.

If you go with BJ initials....I doubt much will come of it. My nephew is B.J.W. From my knowledge kids dont even know his middle and if they heard they are likely to busy on their cell phone to make a connection.

Haha yeah I'm an 80s baby and my name is Katie which was extremely popular at the time but don't know any now!
Jessica is currently number 3 though and I like the fact that Louise is a usual name (often used as middle name) but not at all common so kind of want to do that again!

Haha yeah I'm an 80s baby and my name is Katie which was extremely popular at the time but don't know any now!
Jessica is currently number 3 though and I like the fact that Louise is a usual name (often used as middle name) but not at all common so kind of want to do that again!

Guess it all depends where you live.

I know people from the 80s named Jessica--not heard of a kid in ages though....

Briony? Eh, I def don't like it. Phony briony comes to mind and BJ initials are cruel

How do you pronounce Briony? I've never heard that name before - def a new one for me! :shrug:

I wouldn't give the initials BJ :nope:

I know lots of Jessica's who are 25-35 yrs old. But only one child with the name.

Jessica was a popular name in the 90's here, haven't met children with it lately.
Our son's initials are BJH. I don't consider it cruel, how many people actually know your middle name?

How do you pronounce Briony? I've never heard that name before - def a new one for me! :shrug:

I wouldn't give the initials BJ :nope:

It's pronounced BRI-OH-KNEE

Jessica is currently the 3rd most common name in the uk in 2013 :(

Jessica was our chosen name, but I second guessed it since it is a bit common. There are definitely more Jessicas my age than children, but I still thought it was a bit too common. It is a nice name, though. I like Briony, I haven't heard it before. The BJ is questionable...it'll almost definitely come up at some point, but I don't think it'll be too bad. Most people don't advertise their middle names.

I think Jessica is much prettier

and i have a friend whos initials spell out BJ... and she has been teased about it through out secondary school so think hard about that one...

Thing is, her itinials wouldn't just be BJ if you went with Briony, as surely the last name would count too!

Also, I know a Bryony, much prefer that spelling and she is in her mid 20's.

I am a Jessica, born in 1989, and through school in my year there was 2 other's. Young children I havent heard that in a long time, but I think it would depend on where you live :)

I'm glad your child has had no issue. I knew a kid with BJ initials as well and was teased like hell day after day.

I personally would go with Jessica. I think its a very nice name, and almost becoming timeless now. I think it was very common in the 80s-90s, but is less so now so your daughter would probably be the only little girl with that name in the class. :)

My DD is Jessica Rose and I have only come across one other Jessica at play groups and none at pre-school and they said they hadn't had a Jessica in a long while. Think it just depends where u are. I LOVE Jessica Jayne (my mn so would have spelt with a 'y') but we didn't use it as she was on I'm a Celebrity at the time!! But love it, I wouldn't worry too much about popularity, that could change anyway by the time she arrives.

I like Jessica too. I really don't like Briony but that's because I know one and she's a pot smoking dole bludger so I relate the name to her :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->