do you think whitening toothpastes work?

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
and if so, which one? ive never really found anything to be that great tbh :) Xx

Nope- and I've tried several thinking it's cheaper than the alternative. BUT no... lol. some of the at home whitening kits work Ok enough. Nothing works as well as professional dental whitening-- but as far as toothpaste go, nothing ever worked for me (at all).

I have a friend who is a dentist and in her opinion it's all a con :haha:

Nope. It works on abrasive effect and shreds the gum tissue as a bonus.

YES!

Give White Glo a go. I love it and noticed a definite difference. I use the Professional choice one, but there are different types to suit your needs. x

https://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/st...&searchTerm=white+glo&newDepSearch=#container

When I was using Blanx I felt they looked whiter. Crest Whitening Strips are the best though, though they cause sensitivity.

Worked for me! Altho inside my cheeks would peel severely! I used to wipe around the inside of my mouth with a dry flannel or towel to rub off the peeling skin!

Miss Bump, that is a horrible indication to STOP using it!

They've never worked for me. And the whitening strips just made my teeth super sensitive.

Pearl drops is great! they wont give you super white teeth nut it does take it up a shade or two. x

The only thing that has worked for me was when the dentist used this stuff (dunno what it was) but it was lemony and set me back 3€ per tooth!

I've tried toothpastes after that to maintain it but they never worked.

Wow. Anything that causes sensitivity is surely doing some damage?!!!

I 'invested' in Dial-a-smile. I paid £160 for the set and 2 pens. It worked a treat. My teeth were 6 shades whiter after the first use.

I know it's expensive but for me it's worth it.

Wow. Anything that causes sensitivity is surely doing some damage?!!!

No not especially. Whitening works by opening the tubules that make up your teeth and "bubbling" the stain out. Anytime these are open sensitivity is nearly a guarantee but is the only way to truly whiten. The sensitivity goes away with no damage.

Toothpastes work as an abrasive and only do surface stains, hence why they really don't help much and are so damaging to gum tissue.

Just use bicarbonate soda on ur tooth paste...thats all that in the toothpaste. but super cheap.

White Glo or Blanx really work. You don't notice a difference straight away but over time you'll see they definitely whiten and lift stains.

I bought some from boots, it cost around £11 a tube. It really worked!! And also made m teeth feel much cleaner after a brush too. It was very strong/hot though and made the inside of my cheeks sore but hot mouth wash does that to me too. X

The new one called max white one (can't remember who by) and that really works for me, but again makes my teeth sensitive :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->