Do you wake your baby up?

kateqpr

Reaction score
I'm not really on any sort of routine with Poppy during the day - but she does feed roughly every 3 hours, give or take an hour sometimes.

Her naps seem a bit more haphazard though. She's having a lovely long nap now. Just wondered though - do you wake your baby from a nap if you think it's going on too long, or just let them wake naturally?

She looks so peaceful, and will be a real grouch if is start tickling her feet to wake her up (plus she just fed half asleep then straight back to napping..)

I keep reading books on routines, about waking baby to keep them to a strict rhymthn, then think sod it, let the poor girl sleep!

I'm crap at routines :blush:

Hiya, I'm a bit "routiney" mum. I've had my lad in a routine from 2 weeks old. He's so chilled out it really suits him. He has a long nap mid-day and I wake him after he's had 2 hours. Never had a problem with waking him. Maybe I'm heartless, tee hee!

no i never woke courtney to feed her.. she got herself into a routine!

:)

I let Elyse wake up on her own LOL... call me awful but as much time as I can get her to sleep, I'll take.. I have things like laundry, tidying, and showering to do in that time.. :)

I let Alex sleep as much as possible, if he's gone half an hour past his feed time I start to feed him and he'll normally do a kind of dreamfeed and either stay semi asleep or just wake up on the bottle.

We haven't got any kind of set routine for the day time and i'm not sure i want anything too rigid as I like the freedom it gives it when we don't have set nap times.

Lol i am same as tasha longer they sleep the more you can get done and long as they still gettin their feeds and sleep i dnt think its to bad!! They have their whole lives for routine when they work lol

Unless theres a reason why then no ...up to 6 hours they say. I mean they can't stay 3 hourly for ever. Megan did 7 hours one night MW had a fit of 'not more than 6 max' I was like yer ok. Sorry but if my baby wants to sleep who am I to wake her :lol: I mean we woke up and realised because she didn't act as the alarm clock and woke her up then but I refused to have a panic attack over it.

I wake elinor up after an hr on her naps. She has 2 1 hr naps a day.. one in morn and one in afternoon.. then bad at 7ish :)

In the erly days unless she slept for more than 6 hours straight which was rare then i left her to her sleep.

There's only a few times I will wake him up from a nap. One is if he falls asleep an hour or a bit more before his normal bedtime. I will only let him sleep for a bit as I know from experience if I let them sleep until they waken, they will be up later.

Other times, and it's not on purpose really, are when I have to drop off my kids or pick them up from school. Chase always seems to fall asleep just before I have to go and by dressing him in his coat, etc. he will wake up.

Me and my little boy dont have a routine in the day really, he feeds every 3-4 hours in the day we only really have a night routine. I like the flexibility in the day of not having a set routine, and it works for the both of us, but at night he feeds about 7 half 7 and then I dream feed him about midnight and he goes through until 7ish in the morning.
x

He put himself into a routine and still has his own..

Ive never woken him, apart from having to go somewhere and 'accidently' waking them to put them in the car lol

:muaha:

i was always planning on setting a routine into place but Annabelle dud it herself, she doesnt sleep very much through the day anyway and sleeps through so i just fit her bottles in throughout, at one point i had to give her a bottle at 3.5 hours due to HV saying she wasnt getting enough milk but her weight is good so i left her to what she wanted to do

Lou
xxx

I let Elyse wake up on her own LOL... call me awful but as much time as I can get her to sleep, I'll take.. I have things like laundry, tidying, and showering to do in that time.. :)

Im exactly the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->