Do your LO's stay with anyone regularly?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Following on from my mum having Brooke for the night on NYE we have all kind of decided that it would be nice for my mum to have her for the night every couple of weeks. We dont live so close anymore so she doesnt see Brooke as much as id like

Do any of you let your parents/grandparents/OH's (If split) have your LO for the night on a regular basis? Any Pro's/Con's to it?

Ive never let her stay overnight anywhere cause I cant stand the thought of making someone have to wake up... And I think it would mess up her schedule and she sleeps good in her own bed.

But she regularly goes to my moms or ohs moms for a few hours. Its nice to be able to go out somewhere with my OH and not have to bring the baby.

nicole used to stay at my mums quite abit when she was little, mind you the first time she stayed there she was 6mths, callum has never stayed out yet and think it will be a very long time yet before he does, he wont settle for anyone through the night other than me.

Yes Olivia stays with my mam 2 in 4 fridays because i have to be at work be 07:20 on a saturday morning, My mam lives an hour away so if i was to take her before work i'd have to get olivia up and ready at 4am and I dont think its fair on her.

So I drop her off about 6pm on the friday and picker her up after work on the saturday, She loves spending time with her Grandma

Also to keep nursery bills down Chris's mam has Olivia on a Monday afternoon until I finish work at 3:45 but thats only a few hours and not over night

x

When Nina was tiny (from about 8 weeks) she stayed at both my mums and MIL's on a saturday night every couple of weeks. Not so we could go out but so I could get a decent nights sleep.
She is 8 months old now and I can't bear it if she is away overnight even though MIL only lives round the corner. I think as they get older and their personality develops, you just don't want to miss anything. I go back to work in a few weeks and doubt very much that Nina will be away from home overnight until she is at least 5 !!!!!

From about 2 months old Lola spends one afternoon per week with her dad and every once in a while she spends Saturday night with him.

Of course I miss her terribly but it also gives me some nice time to catch up on the housework, schoolwork and such things... It always benefots having some time to yourself ( or in your case, some time with your OH)

Josh spends some time at my parents house once in a while and see my mom on a regular base (twice a week and spends the afternoon with her while we shop) I miss him a lot, but it's good for us to have some time to ourselves!!! And it's good for him to get use to sleep elsewhere.. xx

my mum has fin on a friday night fortnightly. there are no cons!!! ha ha!! gives me and oh some time and i think it's important lo's get used to spending time with others. xx

from about 3weeks old mum and dad had maddi every other sat night. when nan got poorly and so we stay their alot and she sleeps in with them, also mum has maddi every week whilst i have my nails done etc, maddi loves it and as she sees my mum 5/6 times a week shes so used to them, our routine just travels to mums. mum dad maddi and gramps all love it and its great for us to spend sometime just as, in fact they have maddi over night this sat for the first time in ages and since nan died, its nice for us all :) x

Callum does stay with my mum through the day when im at work. It is a good thing IMO to let them spend time with other people, it not only gives you a break but gives your LO a chance to get used to being with other people.

Leeons never spent the night away from us yet not sure when it will be

my baby has never spent the night away, i dont think i could do it
hes too small for me to leave him. he does go to daycare tho but thats during the day

jack has stayed at my mum about 3times since he was born, but i feel bad when she has to get up in the night,

i cant bring myself to let anyone look after charlie i wish i could id miss him too much and i find it hard to trust people (not in a horrible way) daves mum offers but she smokes alot which i hate and daves real dad and step mum offers but his 13 year old sister smuthers him when we go round and charlie doesnt like it, my mum and dad live 3 and half hours away but if they were here i think i would prefer him to go there , i think it would do babies good to get used to not being around you there parents the whole timexxx

Nope, no-one has looked after Amelia yet i think the longest i have been apart from her has been 1hour! Even when i was just cooking dinner and tidying up and DH had her, i missed her!

I couldn't bear to leave her yet, also i don't express so i can't.

i think it's important lo's get used to spending time with others. xx

Thats what i think too, so would like to get her and us into the habit sooner rather than later if that makes sense

Liam stays at my mums twice a month and his other grandmas once a month and he has a great bond with them specially my mum as she watches him while i am at college too and it gives me and my oh some us time x

I think its def a good idea, Chloe has always spent time away at my parents at least once every 4-6wks and we live over 3hrs away from each other so she goes for the weekend or sometimes, because of the nature of my job, longer. We have done this since she was four months old and she loves it. I do find it hard when shes awaybut i think she benefits from it aswell and like you said get her in the habit sooner rather than later!

Caitlyn's never slept out at anyone elses house yet. I think her first time will be on our wedding night

xx

I think that's a lovely idea Holly. If Brooke and your mum are up for it, go for it! You will both get a break (you and Carl.) I can't see any negatives to it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->