Do your LO's stay with anyone regularly?

I think it's a good idea too... although I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around her being gone. However, I'm BF and I'm not expressing enough through pumping in order for her to be gone for a whole night anyways.

We do have two sets of grandparents who are more than willing to take her though!

Ffion stays at my mums and Rhys stays with Colins parents every friday night so we can relax, do housework and catch up on some sleep.

i love it.

Ffion and Rhys absolutely adore their grandparents and i know that they have a blast. Ffion has a seperate routine at my mums than she does here (my mum doesnt do CIO) but she easily adjusts back to our routine the next day. Rhys has the same routine as he does here, he co-sleeps with Colins parents, which he loves doing!

My mum minded Hallie over night when I lived there because she was in her own room so it didnt matter wether i was in or not. So I got out once a week when I Hallie was very young (mainly because i had her on my 18th birthday so i was making up for my birthday nights with ,OH, one set of friends then the other etc)

Since I've moved out Hallie has stayed in mum for 2 nights in a row, i had her during the day though, but I needed sleep badly.
She has slept in my best friends (her god mum and nursery teacher) twice.
& she has slept in Darrens mums about 3 times too.

I believe Hallie will sleep everywhere, I reckon she wold have a good night sleep on the washing line ha

My mum has Jack & Rebecca every Friday night as long as she isn't going anywhere or doesn't feel up to it etc. She has always had Rebecca so it seemed a natural progression for Jack to go down as well when she was ready & he was sleeping better. She has them whether we are staying in or going out, as it gives us some relaxation time!!!

Maizie is 8 weeks old and has slept in my mums room twice.... mum has offered to have Maizie every saturday night but i feel bad as she will have to get up and feed her.... even tho that is 6am... xx

Faith and Ollie haven't slept out and I don't like them to as I like them at home but that's my opinion, saying that though Holly I think it's a lovely idea and your mum will love it!!! Good for you and Carl aswell x

My mum used to have Jasmine once a week for us, now its just me

Charlie is going to be staying out for the night for the first time tonight at oh parents. He sees both mine and oh's parents regulary and they have taken him for the day so we could get stuff sorted, cleaning, shopping etc and like others have said I think its a good thing that they spend time with other people, thats my opinion anyway x

:nope: Actually we haven't really left Hannah with anyone. We considered asking his mom to babysit but Hannah's getting to an age where she recognizes people and his mom hasn't seen her since October. To me that's like leaving her with a perfect stranger (though I know she is family Hannah doesn't realize this!) Should add that it's not from our lack of trying to invite her over, she just never comes :wacko:

Maybe I'm the only one with this opinion but I'm surprised that people want to be seperated from their new babies at all, never mind for overnighters at a couple of weeks old:cry:

I had children to bring them up myself not palm them off on other people of a weekend whether it's grandparents or not. At 3 weeks old as well, I'm gobsmacked to be honest:dohh:

No. We even lived in the same house as MIL up until 1.5 years ago. She never offered to babysit. :dohh: Yet at the same time telling me that OH and I need to get out more.

no, not yet.....doubt he'll stay away from us for a while yet. im trying to get a routine going, and stopping somewhere else will just upset him. i also dont want to miss things as this stage.

Ok, not had my baby yet but just adding my thoughts - I hope that I will live close enough to someone that I will want to leave our baby with. We're moving back out to Switzerland so will be away from my family. I do want my child to be used to being with other people, would hate it for them if they were one of those kids who refused to go to sleepovers because they're not used to being away from home, but I don't know what age I would start that.
I remember when I was ttc and I was maddened by a girl at work who booked a week holiday for 2 months after her first baby was born and when I asked her where they were going it turned out it was a diving holiday so I said "isn't that difficult with the baby?" and she told me the baby was staying with her parents as she'd need a rest! She's now had a second and her Mum comes and picks them up every Saturday morning so she can have a lie in. Obviously she's quite a rare case!

Maybe I'm the only one with this opinion but I'm surprised that people want to be seperated from their new babies at all, never mind for overnighters at a couple of weeks old:cry:

I had children to bring them up myself not palm them off on other people of a weekend whether it's grandparents or not. At 3 weeks old as well, I'm gobsmacked to be honest:dohh:

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a grandparent who is quite obliging to be bonding with their grandkids, allowing husband and wife to spend some quality time together, or for the parents to regroup and get a bit of R&R.

A grandparent was a parent once and knows what to do. Now if someone said that they were pawning the baby off to a complete stranger, I'd be shocked.

Wish I had a willing MIL or that my mother lived closer to me.

Yes - I palm my daughter off on OHs Mum!

It was to be a regular thing however thats not how it always turns out its actualy quite nice to get a night of gathering your sanity back and her Nanny & grandad *LOVE* having her how nice it is to have family that want to do that for you and see your baby :D If you trust that person then yer why not?

When Caitlin was first born it was hard to do emotionally and the first night Caitlin stayed with Nanny I was a wreck :lol: but soon calmed down. Its natural to worry about LOs I still do now but imo its good for you and its good for LO ...they must need a break from us now and then :rofl: and like I say how nice it is that these family members WANT to and ask if they can have LO :cloud9: Why can't they bond with their grandchild neice etc if your ok with that?

Mia spends almost every weekend, Friday/Saturday/half of Sunday at my OH's parents and she LOVES it. She knows the rules are different at granny's house so she never even sleeps during the day and plays constantly.

I think it is fantastic if you trust the people and know that they will look after her just like you would. And also, she bonds with people other than you which is a very healthy way to develop relationships. Not to mention that she always learn something new with each of her uncles every time.

and I love sleeping more than 6 hrs a night as well :)

I think it is a lovely idea Holly
Emily first stayed at my mums at around 2 weeks old, we had been invied to a party, i was too knackered but said Ant could go and my mum offered to have her so i could have a little bit of me time
It was lovely except i woke up at 2am wondering what to do with myself LOL

she used to stay then maybe once every 4-6 weeks to give us a break or if we wanted to go out
It worked well and she was really sociable and would sleep anywhere if needed

But with Jack we have never really done it (mums work hours changed etc..)
Ha has stayed once or twice and was fine but i do think he would be liable to kick off a bit if we did it now as he is very particular about his bedtime routine

I say if you are happy with it and your mum is go for it xx

I wish I had let people have Caitlyn, because now we are both lost without the other

my OHs mum is soon going to take ciaran every other saturday .. just so shes can see him and bond with him , and to let me an and my ok spend time togeither

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->