doctors/dentist appts etc?

Flower

Reaction score
Hello mummies,

This may sound a silly quessie, but as I'm a first time mum I've no clue!

I need to get some heavy dentistry work done (root canal, and braces etc - yikes!:cry:), what do I do with baby on these appointments?

What do you ladies do? Do you bring your LO with you? How do you know what time to book your appointment in advance - as my LO doesn't really have a routine yet?

Or do you just get someone to look after LO? My friends and family live 80+ miles away and OH is at work all day so impossible to have someone look after him.

I reckon my root canal will take a few hours (as well as consultant appointments) and the noise/smell is not the best environment for a young bubba!

So what is your advice?

you know, i wondered this too!!!!! Like, what do we do?

I have an appointment in December for a smear test...do I take Teddy with me? Will it not be a little odd for him?

I guess for you i'd get a sitter in if it'll be a long appointment..but with family and friends far away I realise this isnt easy....

its not a silly question at all x

Well going to doctors is not to bad you can take LO into the surgery with you, but I wouldnt advise taking your LO to the dentist, in the doctors you can see to him/her if you need to but in the dentist you are stuck in the seat for God know how long, and a root canal can take anything from 30-45 mins for the first part and 30-60mins for the second part but if your dentist is the type that does it all in one go you will be in the seat for 60-70mins!!!! You can take you Lo nobody can stop you, sometimes you might get a nice nurse or receptionist who will look after the baby for you. xx

For most appointments, I do what I have to do and if Dan isn't around, I do take my kids.

However, I do need to get my teeth cleaned and some refilled and I will make that appointment on a weekend when Dan is home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->