Dodgy evap or...?

Even tried "washing" the tests, still a line on the second one...

20151207_112918.jpg

So I said screw it, got the kids together and went to the dollar general (purple tests $1 store) and picked up two tests.

Took one, SMU, definitely dark, like apple juice, although the vitamins I took this morning played a role in the color of the urine for sure. Nothing as far as I can see, a real BFN, which is what I expected on the "new choice" brand, definitely an evap, with color to boot! Here is the picture proof (48 hrs after the slight pink evap with FMU, this with SMU should be definitely noticeable 48 hrs later)

3 min:
20151207_113411.jpg

5 min:
20151207_113638.jpg

10 min (in natural light):
20151207_114221-1-1.jpg

25 minutes (dried outside of limit):
20151207_120134.jpg

I'm going to save the second test and test again in a few days, just to make sure. But I'm pretty confident it was just an evap, as I've had no signs of fertility or anything. Nary a cramp or spot of CM, nothing. I'll just avoid those tests from the Dollar TREE in the future and stick with the Dollar GENERAL (which is the same test different box as Walmart 88 cent tests).

Crap I've got the line eye. I'm going to quit looking at the tests. I see it in all but the 10 minute test. I am confident it's just line eye. Please someone tell me if I'm seeing things. It's just a *shadow*. Good thing I have another test waiting in the wings...

Ugh! I recognize that test! The one with the dropper attached to the side from the dollar store. I've used those my last few cycles and almost every time I end up with that indent line and even color. After they dry they leave a thin, colored line. Not all dollar store ones have been so bad. None even compare to the false hopes the one with the dropper attached has given me!

Ugh! I recognize that test! The one with the dropper attached to the side from the dollar store. I've used those my last few cycles and almost every time I end up with that indent line and even color. After they dry they leave a thin, colored line. Not all dollar store ones have been so bad. None even compare to the false hopes the one with the dropper attached has given me!

Yes! The attached dropper! Sounds like inconsistent crappy tests. I swear I have the line eye so bad looking at the new test, when I stare I can't see it, but when I focus on something else for a minute and look back I see it clear as day. I think my mind is making it up. I don't think that second test is going to make Wednesday...

I was taking the purple tests also, here and there. Personally, Ive never gotten an evap on them. Ill have to look through my old tests to make sure Im not remembering wrong. But this time...Eventhough the line was super super faint, it was noticable at 8 dpo. I THOUGHT I saw the line at 8 DPO but it could have gone either way. The only thing that made me think MAYBE it wasnt an evap, is the next day the super super faint line was a tad darker. I say, test again tomorrow and compare the two.

I already threw all the tests away but I do have pictures, I wanted to keep from obsessing over them...

Now I'm reading purple tests are 50 miu and white tests (might be) 25...the crazy never ends.

ETA another list confirms new choice (dollar tree) is 20 mIU and DG health (dollar general) is 50 mIU, so....ugh. I should have waited longer!

So the purple ones are 50?

EDIT: sorry just reread your post lol. Are the purple ones the same as Walmarts .88 ones? I think they're called first signal.

So the purple ones are 50?

EDIT: sorry just reread your post lol. Are the purple ones the same as Walmarts .88 ones? I think they're called first signal.

I believe so, they are identical on the inside.

Hmm...yea I hardly could see a line on one of those. It wasn't until 12 DPO that a clear line showed for me. A FRERs was dark at 10 DPO. I can't wait to see tomorrow's test!

Took a test this AM ($ general purple) barely a shadow like before, probably the antibody strip. Took a FRER this afternoon with 3 hr hold urine, total BFN. Definitely not pregnant, good to know! Thanks for looking at my tests!

Thanks, it was totally unexpected and I'll admit I was hopeful, but we are currently trying to get out house ready to sell and build a new one, so not really a good time, only 6 months after DD too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->