Does anybody NOT want a close age gap between there children?!

COMPLETELY agree, i want a 5 yr age gap - gotta convince OH about having another 1st though!haha - ive basiaclly said 5 yrs or 18 yrs he can pick, cos wen lo goes to uni at 18 i know im guna get empty nest syndrome!! haha so broody xx

There is 18 months between my older brother and me, I see women on BnB pregnant with there 2nd when there 1st is still under 1, and women at baby clubs I go to are also in the same situation. 2 under 2 just seems crazy (for me!) I am not implying that anybody that's plans to or is doing this is crazy lol.

We hope to have DD in school before TTC again, and I look forward to her understanding (sort of) that there is a baby in mummys tummy and that'll be her little brother or sister and being excited about it.

I also want a few years rest of STTN before having another. Am I the only one who's feeling like this??

I'm exactly the same. I want my son to have my undivided attention until he's at least 3.5/in nursery or even in school. He has 4 cousins all born within the same year and a half so he's not short of playmates. Plus I want to BF until he self-weans and much as I would love to tandem feed I wouldn't be able to BF him whilst pregnant as he was premature so I am higher risk for another premature baby and BFing while pregnant can trigger early labour in women at risk og premature birth

I also would like a year or two of STTn before going back to the days of newborn exhaustion again!!!

Xxx

Me! I cannot imagine having another for a LONG time! xxx

Before Charlie was born DH wanted "at least 4"..... 10 weeks down the line and he said to me he doesnt think he will want anymore!!!!!!! He says 1 is tiring enough.... even though I do all the looking after, he had him for 1 night at the weekend, and since then he keeps saying 1 is enough!!! LOL

I keep saying, there dont seem to be THAT many families that only have the one, unless for medical or financial reasons, but most people seem to have 2 or more... I have said I dont want to try for another until Charlie is at least 3, I want to give him my full attention while he is little, and then if we started TTC when he is 3, he will be at least 4 by the time the new baby came, and he would be starting school....

I find it hilarious he was hell bent on 4 a few months ago, and after 1 night with Charlie alone, he is practically banning any more!!!.... MEN!! LOL

I want 5 years between my LOs :D
I've also been advised cos of complications during the birth of DD that i shouldnt get pregnant for 5 years sooo yea lol it all works out!

Yes and no. It would be nice to have several years break but I also look forward to being rid of babies - hated the baby stage. Would take a whining toddler over a screaming newborn any day!!!

Haha I'm so glad you ladies are the same as me, kept seeing people with 2 young ones and thought I was the only 1!

See I love the 'baby' stage so I would rather pro+long it than get it out of the way haha!

Emzul- that's funny about DH, typical men eh?! When my OH had DD for the first time morning til bedtime (when I went back to work) he was on the couch asleep at half 8, moanin he had a sore head and a sore back etc. I had zero sympathy for him haha xxx

Personally I would have another tomorrow as I loved it so much BUT I'd like a 3-5 year age gap ideally, as you said I want them to understand what's happening and be excited about it. I half wonder what these little 18 month old babies make out of a newbie coming along and taking all their mummies attention.... X

Yes and no. It would be nice to have several years break but I also look forward to being rid of babies - hated the baby stage. Would take a whining toddler over a screaming newborn any day!!!

haha this is me as well!

I see the benefit of having LO in school and being able to focus on a new baby, but I also see the benefit of getting the baby stage 'out of the way'.

That said, we're waiting at LEAST 2 - 3 years before TTC again. But after that, we'll see how we feel about it!

I had and still have SPD so I need my boy to be able to walk and not need me to pick him up before I being pregnant with another... So at least 3 years here...

IF we have another one it will be when Callie's in school, when she's about 4 or 5. Wouldn't want to deal with a toddler and a newborn!

I didn't particularly want a small age gap, but my circumstances mean if we don't try for another LO, there may not be another at all. My DH had a vasectomy reversal, and we were told it may not be permanent so we have to try asap. I would have had 19 months between mine, but sadly I have just lost a LO. We will start TTC again as soon as we can. x x

I originally wanted to TTC when Tabitha was 2, seems things didn't quite work out that way!

I didn't particularly want a small age gap, but my circumstances mean if we don't try for another LO, there may not be another at all. My DH had a vasectomy reversal, and we were told it may not be permanent so we have to try asap. I would have had 19 months between mine, but sadly I have just lost a LO. We will start TTC again as soon as we can. x x

Oh no :hugs: I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :( I was so excited when I saw your "spoiler"

I hope you feel better soon though and wish you luck TTC :flower:

Well I'm the extreme, I have a 15 year age gap! :haha:

My friend and her brother have a 19 year age gap - I will never forget her ranting about her parents when she found out, LOL! But they get on great now. I loved having a little sister when I was 4 and a half, and I will be waiting til LO doesn't need to be pushed in a buggy and is at school before I have another one.

There's 6 years between my sister and I, I'm hoping for a similar age gap with my own :)

Personally I would have another tomorrow as I loved it so much BUT I'd like a 3-5 year age gap ideally, as you said I want them to understand what's happening and be excited about it. I half wonder what these little 18 month old babies make out of a newbie coming along and taking all their mummies attention.... X

They just take it in their stride :thumbup:

As Auntie Em said, the beauty of having them close together is that the elder one never remembers a time when they didn't have to share the attention which generally means less jealousy long term :happydance:

I was 7 when my younger sister was born ... 7 years of being an only child (apart from 2 step siblings who didn't live with us) and I hated my sister from the moment she was born - still do :shrug: As a result I had my 3 very close together - just over 3 years between the eldest and youngest and none of them remember life without the others ... all they remember is the complete family and they are so close even now :cloud9:

My daughter has also chosen to have hers close together - just under 19 months between the two of them, and Kaylum adores his little sister :) He still gets just as much attention as he did before she arrived, he grasped instantly that the baby in Mummy's tummy was the same as the one that is now living in the house (had a quick look up Mum's top to confirm that the bump had gone LOL), and he loves to help with her :thumbup:

It's not for everybody ... those early days of 3 small children were bloody hard work and I totally understand why people wouldn't want to put themselves through that :haha:

It's horses for courses really ... no right or wrong, just what each of us is comfortable with and I do think that we tend to make those decisions based on our own life experiences :flower:

IF we have another one it will be when Callie's in school, when she's about 4 or 5. Wouldn't want to deal with a toddler and a newborn!

Same reasons for us. Id rather have time to spend on the newborn while LO is in school then when LO gets home its his time :thumbup: I couldnt deal with 2 sets of nappies or a crying newborn and a toddler

I dont think we'd have another before Sophie is in school :).

We were going to wait until Ruby was in school, and have a 4 yr gap, but we worked out that we would be better off with me not working at the moment due to Ruby's childcare costs, so we thought we'd take that opportunity to have our second now and then once she is in school I can get back to work and earn uninterrupted and mostly freed of childcare costs. So we'll have a just under 3 yr gap instead which I'm hoping will work well. It seems to work well for a lot of people I know and Ruby is out of nappies, fully talking and able to tell me exactly what she wants, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->