Does anybody work full-time?

Mrs R

Reaction score
Just wondering of any of you work full-time and find you have a good work/life balance?:shrug:

My job is full-time and I know I won't be given reduced hours when I go back as others have tried it and been turned down. I don't want to go back to work full-time, but may have to until I find something else with more suitable hours. But there are so few jobs about at the minute it'll be tough to find something.

I can't bear the thought of spending 45-50 hours a week away from my babies. I would only see them for 2 hours a day. :cry:

Hi Mrs R!

I work 4 days a week and have done since June when I came back from my maternity leave. I really feel for you as I am really struggling with seeing my boys so little, and I have to say that it is getting harder and harder rather than easier, as now they are bigger and can communicate, I know they are missing me too, if that makes sense? I guess when they are little they are much less aware and as long as they are fed and well cared for they are happy, and it is just us that suffer, but now they are bigger it is even harder!!

That said, there are definite positives to them being in full time child care, as it has made the boys very sociable and outgoing and they are not particularly clingy or whingy children. I think mixing with other kids helps their development too & they definitely benefit from doing lots of messy activities that I wouldn't dream of letting them do at home!!

I can also assure you that it will be no where near as bad as you think it will, and you will always have at the back of your mind the fact that you can find a new job with reduced hours in the future!

Try not to worry about it too much x x

No experience as I work from home - but didnt want to read and run xxxx

I work full time. At times it can be hard, but I have no choice, Bills are not going to pay themselves. I'm fortunate to have a big family that I can count on to babysit the girls.

I also work full time. I went back to work after 8 weeks of maternity leave. It's awful. I hate it. I hate that essentially someone else is raising my children. But financially, right now, I don't have much of a choice. I see them for about an hour a day during the week.

No I don't work, however I still always put my kids into daycare 2 days a week for the social skills, fun activities etc etc etc. I think it really helps the kids and they enjoy it.
Maybe once the Twins turn ONE I will put them in one day a fortnight for a few months and then increase to one day a week. I think that break from them will do them and I some good.

It must be hard working full-time and not being able to enjoy your children as much as you would like.
I have said to my hubby many times, I couldn't do it, I would much rather get by on one income and do without things we don't really need and enjoy my children.
There is no way I would work 45-50hrs week, do my washing, clean my house, help older kids with homework, fit in Dr appointments etc etc, I just couldn't and wouldn't do it.
I enjoy taking my kids to school, and picking them up each day, I enjoy volunteering at the tuckshop (canteen) at school and helping out on school excursions, Driving the my sons school cricket team around, attending their school footy games. I love being involved in every part of their lives.

I think the fact I have chosen to do that has paid off. My teenage sons are well behaved, don't hang out with bad kids, enjoy being home with us and doing family activities. My Aunt just said to me the other weekend that these days you don't find many 14yr olds hanging out at home let alone nursing their baby sister, and I know I am very fortunate to have been given the option to be involved and there every step of the way in the childrens life, I feel it has created a wonderful bond and relationship between myself and my children.

I know not everyone is able to be a stay at home mum and I think it must be sooooooooooooooooooooooo hard because they miss out on sooo much.

Big Hugs to all those working mums :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I work part time 5 days a week 8am til 12pm and my girls go to nursery, I am happy and they are happy which is the most important thing to me.
But.... I could never work more than I do. I just couldnt be away from them too long. Surely your boss would need a valid reason for turning it down. Childcare costs are going to be expensive for two if you need it and would it be worth working there if that is the case?
I would definitely still ask because I think they need a good reason to not give you it. When I was on maternity leave I was told that my boss would have to be flexible and he was very good.

No I don't work, however I still always put my kids into daycare 2 days a week for the social skills, fun activities etc etc etc. I think it really helps the kids and they enjoy it.
Maybe once the Twins turn ONE I will put them in one day a fortnight for a few months and then increase to one day a week. I think that break from them will do them and I some good.

This is exactly what we are contemplating atm - I work from home so no biggie but lord it would be nice to have a hour or so to myself a week - my friend does it for her LO two afternoons a week

I went back to work full time when the girls were 3 months. I couldn't do it. It was all just too much. I dropped down to 24 hours a week and it's been heavenly. It's a great balance. We all get away from each other which I think is good for all of us!

This is exactly what we are contemplating atm - I work from home so no biggie but lord it would be nice to have a hour or so to myself a week - my friend does it for her LO two afternoons a week

Vicki it is amazing how they grow and develop when they go to ChildCare, I think it is just as important as sending your children to school. They learn so much in the first few years of life and they learn so much and develop self confidence.
The boys are 12mths now I would be looking at one day a week. They will love it and you will love it.

I agree about childcare. My girls have come on fantastically and even moved up before any oth the other kids in their class.. I definitely encourage nurseries because they have so much room to grow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->