Does anyone else have a LOT of weight to lose?

you have to make sure you don't eat and exercise enough to fall under your BMR though because if you do your body tends to burn less - it works for a short period then your body goes a bit mental going "oh crap, i'm not getting X amount, have to store" and that is how so many people plateau. I didn't know all this before hand but looking into it more it's quite amazing how the body works. you have to work out your TDEE then minus around 20% which is a sensible amount. you essentially work out how much you would be eating at your goal weight.

wow that seems like a novel haha. not saying WW is bad or anything! like Embo said, whatever works for you :)

Oh I only meant it didn't appeal to me due to the price, the weigh ins and I don't have time to go out at the moment! :)
Ive seen people do so well on ww, and personally I think anything that teaches us about portion control and "rewards" you for doing well (whether it's your app saying well done, or the class clapping) is a good idea.
That's very interesting, Im hoping I won't cause problems with my loss but I'm trying to keep treating myself, as I'm hoping this eating is for life! :)

That's really interesting pichi. What's your TDEE?!

Hey Pichi, could you explain more about that? I don't know much about this.

Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) quantifies the number of calories you burn in a day. This measure is best estimated by scaling your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) to your level of activity. TDEE is critical in tailoring your nutrition plan to desired fitness goals.

working out this number is based on your Gender, weight, Height and age as well as your daily activity level.

there are calculators out there to calculate your TDEE and your BMR. it's important to know your bmr because typically this is how many calories your body would burn just lying in your bed all day just breathing so you need to eat this minimum. If you drop below this your body starts burning lean muscle mass (don't want that! because muscle in turn burns fat!)

if you want to loose weight you take your TDEE number and subtract around 20% - this seems to be a healthy subtraction to make :) it's not fast weight loss but, done this way your metabolism doesn't take a booting and with exercise, as you loose weight you are toning and being fit too.

loosing weight quickly can mean your body can't tone up in time with the quickness of weight loss so you could be 8 stone and squishy, or 8.5 stone, look smaller and be toned; no squish

phew! that was a novel!

That's fascinating! Thank you. I know in MFP if you don't input enough calories for the day it tells you off! :rofl:
I'll need to look into that. :)

you have to watch MFP because if you tell it you want to loose 2lb a week it'll drop you to 1200 which really isn't enough cal. also, with MFP it has it that if you work out you eat back the calories too - if you don't eat back those calories you drop low in the calorific intake for the day. your NET on MFP should be over 1200.

example: if MPF gives you 1600kcal to eat a day and you do say 20mins of workout = 300kcal, you technically have to eat 1900kcal that day because MFP has all ready set your calorie intake with a deficit from your TDEE.

hope this makes sense! yeah, the weight loss is slower but, at the end your goal weight is totally manageable because as you're loosing weight you're increasing your metabolism meaning you can eat more (obviously have to keep some kind of exercise going though, even if it is 30mins a day)

Yes, that makes sense, thank you. :) I better keep an eye on that. I don't wanna mess this up! X

i didn't know any of this until i really pushed myself to start loosing weight the start of this year! hehe

Crikey thats all complicated stuff! I think I will just stick to Slimming World and eating masses of 'free' food to fill me up in and around meals and do it that way!

Me too!!! Ill let weightwatchers work all that stuff out for me!! Seems to be working so far!!!

Another 1.5 lbs off today :) Not bad considering AF is due to start tonight so I am full of fluid too, yuk! Although on the flip side, I have been craving chocolate for two days and wanting to eat everything in sight (always happens with AF).

To date, 1 stone 3.5lbs off in 8 weeks with Slimming World :)

Oh I forgot to update here yesterday. 3 lbs off for me this week so I've lost 14.05 lbs in six weeks. Picked up my wedding dress yesterday. Got to really get moving to actually fit in it in 5 months!!!

Well done ZoMo :)

Well done ladies! That's awesome! I don't have weight loss to report, but I'm working on running. When I started I could only run for like a minute. Today I got l ran for 7! I was so happy!

I was pretty excited. Today I was shooting for 10, but I only got to 8.

No loss for me this week, I think the birthday week and AF finally caught up with me... :cry: 8 mins running is great! :) are you doing the couch to 5k?

Hey ladies :wave:

I have between 56-70lb to lose to be within my healthy weight but up to 84lb. My problem is I don't look what I weigh so I'm concentrating on dress sizes. I'd like to be a comfortable size 12 though 10-12 preferably. I've began the weight watchers diet as last time I stuck to it (before falling pregnant) I lost a fair bit of weight. Then put it all back on once LO was here. I can't currently exercise very much as I have issues with my BP and heart which I got in pregnancy so a good diet it has to be for now!

Good luck ladies! :flow:

Never mind lettuce. A new week has begun so you can start a fresh :)

Welcome Kylie. You can definitely lose weight just with your diet. Did you start today?

I think I lost 2-3 pounds this week. And Lettuce, what's the Couch to 5 k?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->