Does anyone else have a LOT of weight to lose?

a heart rate monitor :) I have a Polar FT4 and i love it :) can't wait until the better weather so i can get out for a run and see how much i burn :p

I have one about somewhere... But since we moved I can't find anything!
I walked with the pram for about 2.5 hours so that's good. But I've not eaten very well. Why have I lost momentum this week? My next goal is to get under 200lbs by our wedding anniversary (17th April) so that's about 8/9 lbs.

Well it was my baby's first birthday last week and I lost the plot completely!! One piece of birthday cake and the whole week turned into a mass sugar binge. I put on 2.5 lbs (and was actually v pleased it was only 2.5 lbs!!).

This week I have got back on plan (other than a Frankie and Bennys, cinema popcorn and an entire big bag of mini eggs - oops!) and I have lost the 2.5 lbs from last week so I am very pleased with that too.

Ready to get going again on it now. 1 stone 2lbs off so far.

Loving this thread - please can I join the party??

I started with a new years resolution to lose 100lb (started at 116kg)

i have never been so heavy :-(

So the "New Year" started in Feb -don't ask what happened to January!! anyways we started this pedometer challenge at work and over the last four weeks i've losts 6kg - really pleased with myself.

not following any particular plan - but last week i've tried to walk over 10,000 steps every day (roughly 1000 steps every 10 mins) and really think about what i am eating.

Now i am all for slow and steady - it makes sense, and aimed to lose 3 stone this year and then the rest the following year - i really really wanna be my ideal weight before i turn 30 in march next year, so think i need to be a little more proavtive.

My little munchkin starts school in sept - and I really don't wanna be the fat mum at the gates - i am already the biggest girl in the office :-(

another maybe not so tiny factor is that FoB has started seeing a new girl, so i really need to start feeling better about myself, so I can get back out there......

sorry for the brain dump!

weighed in today - 110kg - so aiming for at least 1kg weight loss next sat and 12000steps daily

Wish me luck ladies!!

Good luck Abby. Sounds like you're doing so well already.

I love my pedometer. It really does make me aware of my activity levels each day. :)

Well done on your loss so far abby!

I have a pedometer somewhere! Need to try and find that!

Ah weight loss makes me buy more stuff! :) need to get a pedometer...

Lettuce thanks for the warm welcome!
Congrats to everyone who lost weight this week.
As for those who gained 2-2.5 this week that seems to be the number bc I gained a little over 2lbs. I am also glad it wasnt more. For the last week or some I have been completely off the wagon.Not sure what's going on but I have to get back on plan right away. I have been doing lots of walking which probably balanced out most of my bad food choices recently. I also need a pedometer. I have a really cheap one that over counts right now :( What is the recommendation 10,000 steps daily?

Regal, when I have a bad day I just write it off and start a fresh the next day :)

the gain may not all be fat - it could be water weight etc... to put on a lb of weight that amounts to 3500kcal... :) so don't loose hope

I agree, your weight fluctuates so much over the day, with fluid etc. I've started drinking hot water and lemon in the morning to help with fluid retention and to kick start things.

Though not this morning as it's frankly not doable. I'm scared to enter the 10(+) gin and tonics into MFP this morning... :sick:

ah we are allowed a blowout day once in a while! if you are working the way MFP works, you can always cash in extra calories from earlier on in the week to bring you up to net :)

My slimming world consultant said that in the last couple of weeks loads of people were unexpectedly gaining lbs. I am putting it down to the UK weather, comfort eating in the cold and unable to go out exercising as much - cant really think of any other reason for a mass gain?

Anyway, with regards to the blowouts, I think as long as you write off the day and start again the next day, you cant let it get to you. I remember hearing a saying 'you dont throw out the whole vase full of flowers because one wilts', you just take that one out and carry on with the rest. I can be the master at blowouts though and do it in style!!

Generally, I tend to allow myself one meal a week guilt free. It was enchiladas last night, yum yum. This way I at least have something to look forward to at the end of the week and this keeps me good (generally) for the rest of the week.

Having said all that, I went on a mass binge the week before last and I had a really naughty entire day last week (although it was my 'date' day with OH, have only managed a meal away from DD 4 times in the year since she was born so I was going to enjoy myself!). I drew the line under that day though and got back to it the next day.

So I've had a bit of a rough week... I was having issues at the gym, not being able to do as much as I'm used to doing... I found out that I was pregnant but lost my baby. So, even though I've still been okay with my eating, it hasn't been as good as I want it to be. Hopefully I get back to normal soon.

I have nearly 100lbs to lose to be in a healthy BMI range. Ideally I'd like to lose 50, but really I need to lose about 90. So far I've lost 3 and kept it off for two weeks, but I've been slacking on going to the gym due to oral surgery and appointments out of town! Now I've just started AF and its unbearable but I'm hoping to get my ass into gear and back to the gym! I am on WW as well but don't think I'll be doing it for much longer as I can't afford both the gym and that.

Xpecta, :hugs: sorry for your loss, be gentle on yourself. X
Dontworry, can you carry on doing WW yourself after you git the initial stuff?

I don't think so because I'm doing the online program. Though MyFitnessPal is pretty similar except you count calories and not "points" right? I have an account there but haven't been on in quite some time, I will have to check it out! Especially since its free!!

weight watchers has you eat far fewer calories though- that's the bad side to it. you loose weight but your metabolism slows (so i'm told)

sorry for your loss Xpecta x

Yeah, I love MFP, as it has taught tme to stop and think, before eating something. I've never done ww, but it didn't appeal to me. I like MFP as it's free and I can just scan a product and know what's in it! :) x

I'm so sorry for your loss xpecta :hugs:

Any "diet" works. As long as you eat less than you burn off in a day you'll lose weight. Cut down calories get moving and you'll lose weight.

I've lost 11.5lbs at weight watchers in 5 weeks so I'm very happy with what the program offers me. I love that it makes me think about all aspects of healthy eating. Such as am I drinking enough water. Am I exercising every day. Are my portion sizes too big. What can I substitute my unhealthy food for and still be satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->