Does anyone else NOT like being pregnant?

Oh, I love this thread. Sometimes it feels like if you love and want your baby then you're supposed to love being pregnant. But I hate it! The whole thing lasts so damn long that it's easy to lose sight of the fact that there is even a baby growing in there. Sometimes it feels like this belly is just me: my weird, morphing body that I can no longer control.
I hate feeling fat. And sex is so awkward (emotionally as much as physically) that DH and I have pretty much given up, which is not great for our relationship.
And to top it off, I feel like a horrible mother because I can't even really look forward to the weeks after she's born. I want her out, but I know that as soon as she is, I'm going to be overwhelmed, and tired, and sore. *sigh* Producing life is so much work!

Yes, I love the FACT I'm pregnant and will be having a baby, but it's hard to love all the stuff that comes with being pregnant... For the first 14 weeks I was incredibly anxious/stressed after two miscarriages last year, I had awful sickness pretty much all the time, and was absolutely exhausted. Just as the sickness lessened I got spd so was in a lot of pain for a few weeks and feeling really down about it. Now the spd does seem to be easing off a bit which is fantastic and I feel a bit more energetic/have a better appetite so I'm much more cheerful, but I still find all the worrying hard to deal with - I don't know what to do about that as it's there even if I'm strict with myself. I suppose at least now I'm a bit more up than I was previously! There's no doubt I've found pregnancy a lot harder physically and emotionally than I thought it would be. Seeing the baby at scans, feeling him moving around and thinking ahead to us being a little family are my positives that are helping me through.... I'm hoping it will get easier as the weeks go by :)

I feel you... I am 27 weeks...and I am sooooooo greatful for my baby and that we are pregnant as it took us almost a year to get pregnant but being pregnant sucks!! it's uncomfortable :( , I have gained about 22 lbs (I am 5 feet 2 inches starting weight was 158lbs), I can't get comfortable at night to sleep, I get up to pee at least once to use the restroom and then cannot fall back asleep, (I work full time), I hate dropping things because my tummy is bigger. I just starting getting stretch marks on my breasts, luckily i have yet to be constipated but the whole pregnancy is just not fun...I cannot wait to hold my baby boy and get back to normal per se' !! This is my first pregnancy so I didn't know what to expect. I sometime shy from telling people how I really feel because I do feel bad that I do not like being pregnant -- believe me I would never trade in my baby for the world I just can't wait to meet him already.

I hate being pregnant. I did not expect to hate it this much.

However, now that my bump is showing a bit more, and I can feel her kick every day, I am starting to warm up to it, and there are times when I actually like it.

I still can't wait for her to get out here so I can start being a mommy, though. I'm no good at waiting.

you have a pregnancy blog too !! I shall follow you... I have one combined with alot of family stuff.

www.lannieseanpatel.wordpress.com

I don't enjoy being pregnant, I mean pregnancy just does not suit me. I'm always in pain/tired/cryng/being sick. I don't even look pregnant yet, just fat!
I had to be admitted to hospital yesterday because they thought my waters had broken, I just can't be doing with all this stress!

I want nothing more than to be full term and have my baby here with me :flower:

I just wanted to mention that I had wicked spd/pain and my chiropractor has fixed it. She specializes in pregnant women, so I don't know if they have someone similar where you live, but it's like night and day. The only time I have pain now is when I wake up on my back at night, and even then it's nothing compared to before.

Ahh well I can't say I don't get giddy when I feel my little one moving around inside me...I absolutely LOVE that part of it...and thinking of the miracle thats growing and the fact that my body can actually GROW a person. That being said...I AM ready for this to be over...and I'm only just about to the halfway point now. I've had all day m/s since week 6, I've been on antinausea meds since week 9 and those make me constipated, I have aches and pains and symptoms NO ONE else seems to have...and I'm tired and feel like doing nothing but sleeping. I want time to fly by so I can make it through birth and get my little one out of me so I can start enjoying her. I'm so grateful to be pregnant and for the end result, but so far its all been really horrible. I haven't felt like myself since December!

I have only gained 7 pounds through my entirer pregnancy so far, I have a big beautiful round belly with no stetch marks, nice plump breast with no stretch marks, I never had morning sickness . . . I LOVE being pregnant and hate nothing about it.

I don't mean to sound harsh but to 2nd time and 3rd time moms, why get pregnant if you know how much you hate it? First time moms, you should really feel lucky. I know a few people who are struggling with infertility, and they would love to feel all the things you ladies have complained about. I have had heartburn, but I don't care it's not a big deal, I have had back pain, real bad sciatic nerve pain but I honestly love every minute of it. I remember why I am feeling the discomfort and I feel happy, because once my baby is born, I will do anything for him, I will take a bullet for him, I'd give my life for him, I'd put myself through all the pain in the world so he won't feel any pain at all.

Once again, I am not being negative about this post, or saying it's horrible, I just get sad when people hate how "they look" and how "they feel" that is what pregnancy is, if you don't want to go through that then don't, you have a choice.

From the bottom of my heart I hope your pregnancies get better, and love every minute of it like I do.

Well I want to have another baby...not just one...so thats why I'll get pregnant again someday. This is a temporary state, as miserable as it is right now...and I know I'll forget how miserable I was by the time I'm ready to have another one. Obviously I'm not going to let 9 months of my life stop me from having a second child...but yeah...so far it sucks. And I didn't know I'd hate it so much. No one else I know has had a pregnancy like mine and everyone keeps saying, "Oh the morning sickness will go away at 12 weeks, oh it'll go away by 16, oh its gotta go away by 18!" and here I am, almost 20 weeks and still sick all the time. So, would I STILL have gotten pregnant, had I known it would go like this? Of course!! I want my baby, I want to be a mommy...but it doesn't take away the miserableness of this.

I feel blessed to be PG, this baby was VERY planned and we worked so hard to get PG. I've been PG before. But, I, in no way enjoy being PG this time.

It's mostly the worry alone. The constant fear that something is going wrong, something bad may happen. It's also the discomfort. I remember with my first, I could lay down when I wanted, sleep when I wanted, blah blah when I wanted. But when you have a little person counting on you, needing you for things, you want and need to be there for them despite what your body tells you it wants lol.

I wouldn't change it for anything, but it's not enjoyable for me. I can't wait until the end, to hold my baby!

I hate being pregnant. I did not expect to hate it this much.

However, now that my bump is showing a bit more, and I can feel her kick every day, I am starting to warm up to it, and there are times when I actually like it.

I still can't wait for her to get out here so I can start being a mommy, though. I'm no good at waiting.

you have a pregnancy blog too !! I shall follow you... I have one combined with alot of family stuff.

www.lannieseanpatel.wordpress.com

Oh yay! I shall follow you, too! A lot of the pregnancy blogs I was following in the beginning have stopped updating, which made me sad.

I feel blessed to be PG, this baby was VERY planned and we worked so hard to get PG. I've been PG before. But, I, in no way enjoy being PG this time.

It's mostly the worry alone. The constant fear that something is going wrong, something bad may happen. It's also the discomfort. I remember with my first, I could lay down when I wanted, sleep when I wanted, blah blah when I wanted. But when you have a little person counting on you, needing you for things, you want and need to be there for them despite what your body tells you it wants lol.

I wouldn't change it for anything, but it's not enjoyable for me. I can't wait until the end, to hold my baby!

I am SO WORRIED about getting pregnant the second time, and having a little person counting on me, and not being able to sleep when I want, rest when I want, etc. Is it really hard? Is it manageable? How the heck do women do it!?

I felt awful up until 16 weeks because I had constant MS. From 14 weeks to 20 weeks I was worrying about my waters as they'd ruptured prematurely and my baby only had 3cm of fluid around him. Now I'm up to 11cm, the waters have healed themselves, I don't feel sick (well I do but not as often) and my bump is growing by the day. I feel GOOD!

Hopefully you too will get to a point where you wake up and think 'So THIS is what it's about!!' :hugs:

See I'm in a weird place. I so so so want to enjoy every second of this pregnancy but after my ex DH ran off, juggling 3 kids, SPD and extreme tiredness... I just want to enjoy this as it'll be my last baby and I do to a cetain extent but not as much as I wish I could. I'd kill to have a loving DH at home excited about the birth of his baby but the nearest I get to that is the cat laying on my bump :rolleyes:

This is my first baby and I like being pregnant and LOVE feeling and seeing my little boy move around!!! It's so awesome!

However, I hate frequent urination and the severe stretch marks/rash on my breasts! Ugh.. They just all of the sudden came out of nowhere.. LOL

@ Al Syr:
I don't see how wanting kids and being happy about being pregnant precludes one from disliking actually being pregnant. It's not like any of us would rather not be pregnant, we are just looking forward to the day when we are not anymore. And I do hope to have more kids, and in the end I think it's about having a baby, and if you are suffering for 9 months, that's what we choose to do, but we can still dislike the suffering. I'm glad that you are feeling great, but just imagine being sick every day still at this point, as some of us are, I just think it would get you down, that's all...

I am happy that I am pregnant,but the side effects suck lol...to the woman that said that her pregnancy is enjoyable,I believe you because when I was pregnant with my dd it was perfect,(other than having a cerclage)no sickness,no cramping,pains in weird places etc...I didnt even have cravings lol!I pictured this pregnancy being the same....nope.Im just looking forward to seeing and holding my boys,I know all the suffering will be worth it in the end!

I have only gained 7 pounds through my entirer pregnancy so far, I have a big beautiful round belly with no stetch marks, nice plump breast with no stretch marks, I never had morning sickness . . . I LOVE being pregnant and hate nothing about it.

I don't mean to sound harsh but to 2nd time and 3rd time moms, why get pregnant if you know how much you hate it? First time moms, you should really feel lucky. I know a few people who are struggling with infertility, and they would love to feel all the things you ladies have complained about. I have had heartburn, but I don't care it's not a big deal, I have had back pain, real bad sciatic nerve pain but I honestly love every minute of it. I remember why I am feeling the discomfort and I feel happy, because once my baby is born, I will do anything for him, I will take a bullet for him, I'd give my life for him, I'd put myself through all the pain in the world so he won't feel any pain at all.

Once again, I am not being negative about this post, or saying it's horrible, I just get sad when people hate how "they look" and how "they feel" that is what pregnancy is, if you don't want to go through that then don't, you have a choice.

From the bottom of my heart I hope your pregnancies get better, and love every minute of it like I do.

:roll:

If you're having a smooth pregnancy of course you're going to love it. Not every pregnancy is the same though, a mum of 2 can have 2 completely different pregnancies. The first great, the second awful. It doesn't mean she loves her baby less or anything like that. I believe there's only so much the human body can take. If I'd been constantly sick beyond 16 weeks I think I would have gone mad. I truly feel for the women who suffer with hyperemesis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->