Does anyone else not pump?

So if you dont ever pump what happens over night? do you just wake babies or let boobs get full? im still figuring this all out im a newbie!

when my son first started STTN my boobs got pretty full until he woke up to feed, but breastfeeding is all supply and demand, and since DS stopped demanding milk in the night, my body stopped producing as much milk overnight, so they would no longer get engorged. It took about 2 days for my body to realize it no longer needed to make as much at night, but when I was engorged it was only mildly discomforting, nothing serious

My dd has never had a bottle. I pumped for a bit but that was only to put it in her oatmeal or if there was an emergency. I left her with my mom once for an hour and I was sooo worried we'd get a flat or break down and she would be starving. After that, I started pumping for a 100ish ounce stash (frozen in ice cube trays for oatmeal) then I stopped pumping.

So if you dont ever pump what happens over night? do you just wake babies or let boobs get full? im still figuring this all out im a newbie!

Let your boobs get full. If your baby is sleeping through then you might get engorged at first but that should stop as your supply adjusts to the baby's new feeding schedule. For bad engorgement you might pump or hand express a little bit to make yourself comfortable, but you have to be careful not to express too much because otherwise your body won't know to tone down the supply at that time.

If she starts waking through the night again, like during a growth spurt. Your boobs will adjust to that too x

Awesome I think they are getting the idea now havent pumped for 4 days and no leakage overnight now and supply good during day. Thanks ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->