Does anyone else secretly think they will never get pregnant?

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am wondering if the thoughts I have regarding getting pregnant are 'normal'?

Me and my Husband have been trying to conceive for around 6 months and so I know in the big scheme of things, thats not long at all. However, part of me worries that we will never have children, and he often says that he has always worried that he cant have children (although he has no medical reason to think this that we know of). Its more a gut feeling kind of thing.

Do most people feel like this? - In many ways I cant imagine us as parents although we both want a family SO much, I think maybe because we want it so much, deep down I feel that I just wont be that lucky - hope that makes sense!:sad1:

I know exactly how you feel........I feel the same but I try to push it to the back of my head, I keep saying to my Mum...Its not fair!!!!

I feel that way too, although I do try to put it to the back of my mind as I don't want it to influence us ttc x

I have the same feelings, don't worry you are not alone.

definitely not alone! We've been TTC 6 months too and I feel exactly the same - will it ever happen?! you hear of people who've 'accidently' gotten pregnant or conceived straight away and you can't help but think - HOW?!
Even doing everything right - cutting down on the bad stuff, having spa days and baths to try to relax, taking pre-conceive, taking cough syrup, starting on pre-seed and vitex and it's still not happening! it's so frustrating!
I now look at the POAS and expect the negative. it'll never happen to me kind of feeling!

So, right there with you!

BABY DUST TO US ALL - PPPLLLEEAASSEE!!!!!!!!!!
Prob not helping with my stress levels!

Your definatley not alone, DH & I have been TTC for only 4 months but all my family seem to just click their fingers & they're pregnant. Everyone keeps saying that it will happen but i'm just not sure. I know that 4 months is no time at all but i do keep thinking will it ever happen.
We've all just got to think positive & fingers crossed it will happen for all of us.
Baby dust to us all

:dust::dust:

Thank you all for making me feel better about my negativity!!

rj84 - You mention Vitex (this is Agnus Cactus isnt it?). I have started taking this today as I have heard it can help balance hormones and help with Acne (since coming off the pill my skin has been constantly spotty!). Does Vitex also help when TTC?

Hi Jayney - Yes its Agnus Cactus - I read it helped with ovulation and as I've never had a +OPK I was worried my hormones were all over the place after coming off BC (Which I did in Dec so it's been a while) AF has come back pretty regularly tho but the OPKs have made me worry slightly - thought I'd best give something natural a little go first!!! Going to stop it in a few days tho as I've read it's best only to take it in the first half of the month when taking it for ovulation - I didn't know about the benefit as far as acne is concerned but my face has def got better this month compared to prev months so maybe it is working!!!!!

xxxxx

yes i do, you start to think we cant be that lucky! fingers cross one day!

I have definately had that feeling before too! I do think its totally normal.
We just have to stay positive and not give up.

hey ladies ... we have been trying 17 months now and i feel the exact same way DH tells me off for being negative but i can't help the way i feel???

Fxed the CBFM will help!?!

Baby dust to everyone xxx

I think that that is a completely normal feeling. But you both need to try to stay positive! I am not a very positive person myself but if giving people a placebo drug can make them feel better because they think they are being helped then I imagine that being positive and thinking you will have children would work the same way, at least I hope it would! Just keep your head up! Your time will come some how some day! It will for everyone! :hugs:

I feel that way everytim AF shows up even though I was just ntnp for a long tim, figured it should've just happened by now :cry:

I feel like that almost every single day. You are definetly not alone!!!! Hang in there.

It's nice to know that there are more people in my boat. Every single time I poas I can't help but think "why are you even bothering? It's going to be negative".
I try to ignore it, but as time goes by and everyone around me gets pregnant while " we weren't even trying" (total bs) I can't help but want to scream!!
I have the ultimate mother in the world and know I am meant to be a mom. So when that negative comes back it's like a constant stab in the heart. Why is this happening to me? Most people can't even change a diaper! Why me?!

i feel the same way, i just cant picture myself actually becoming pregnant, or having kids, when most of the time i can picture myself in situations, i know that it probably isnt true, and when the time comes it will be great!! :happydance:

I feel the same as all of you ladies. Although I got pregnant last year and sadly I miscarried I just feel since the miscarriage has stopped me from having children, I don't have any children (yet) and I can't imagine myself getting pregnant again, going full term, being in labour and giving birth and actually bringing up a child.

Like above said I can imagine myself in many different situations but can't imagine myself as a mum or a full term pregnant women. This is the 7th cycle of trying and nothings happening and it's so depressing seeing AF turn up every month and negatives on all pregnancy tests, I just want to be pregnant and have a baby bump and give birth and just look after my own child.

I completely agree- I get this feeling ALL the time at the moment. We're on our 7th cycle now and I frequently feel doubtful that it will ever happen. I think it's difficult because pregnancy seems like the most natural thing in the world on one hand but on the other hand it's impossible to really imagine before you've experienced it yourself. Also we have it drummed into us when we're younger that it's soooo easy to get pregnant that I think it's understandable we would think the worst if it doesn't happen straight away! And finally with most things we hope for (like getting the job/house we want) we go for it once and we either get it or we don't- none of this trying over and over again- nightmare!!

I just keep telling myself that I'm not at the point where I'm going to stop trying yet so I'm just going to have to put up with this uncertainty until it happens!! It helps sometimes but not always!! Anyway enough of my ranting...

Good luck to all of us this month xx

All the time. Sometimes I feel like a half woman. But then I come on here and everyone is so supportive and encouraging that it helps me to keep my head above water...

I think we all feel that from time to time. What i like to do is look at really old posts (2008/2009 etc) at all the ladies saying how they dont think they will ever get pregnant and soooo many of them have tickers showing that 2 years on they have kids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->