Does anyone else secretly think they will never get pregnant?

I have no reason to think that I will not get pregnant but still get worried about it even though it is very early days for us. It makes you think when you read other people's stories that have tried for so long that you have to just remain positive. However, I'm not feeling very positive this morning I'm out this month already I just know it as although I was able to track my O for the first time DP just not in the mood and TBH is already getting a bit annoyed with me and TTC.......last night we had our first row ever and it was all about this issue and this morning I've realised that what really matters is just being together and having fun, I hate it when we argue. So I may take a different attitude next month!

Good luck everyone hope we all see our BFP soon :hug:

I too have had the same thoughts - no reason to believe we can't, but sometimes get this weird feeling its not in the stars for me. I think its probably pretty normal to feel this at some point in the TCC journey - think about it, we are hoping, wishing and praying for something we can't really imagine so perhaps that is part of it.

Actually, my SIL (who had a bumpy TCC journey) told me something that made me feel better and made me laugh:

She is a Christian and was struggling with TCC and one day when praying, she told God "God, you gave me these desires for a baby and these are good desires, so its your turn to make good on this deal."

She has two kids - the first through IUI and the second all on her own after two failed IUIs!

I like what your sister in law said! Although I am not religious I too have said the same thing but I blamed my body! I thought for some reason I would have trouble getting preg and so I insisted on coming on bc in November last year even know hubby wasn't quite ready, 7 months on, still no BFP and diagnosed with PCOS... I don't know if I knew it wasn't going to be easy because of instinct or I talked myself into it... But either ways it's hard as my biggest fear has always been not being able to have babies!

I too have had the same thoughts - no reason to believe we can't, but sometimes get this weird feeling its not in the stars for me. I think its probably pretty normal to feel this at some point in the TCC journey - think about it, we are hoping, wishing and praying for something we can't really imagine so perhaps that is part of it.

Actually, my SIL (who had a bumpy TCC journey) told me something that made me feel better and made me laugh:

She is a Christian and was struggling with TCC and one day when praying, she told God "God, you gave me these desires for a baby and these are good desires, so its your turn to make good on this deal."

She has two kids - the first through IUI and the second all on her own after two failed IUIs!

From when we 1st started I got the what if feeling and thoughts..But I like the way you put it. We are thinking, hoping, wishing and praying for something we can't really imagine. I think it is nautral to read all the TTC stories and see some women struggles and then others get :bfp: their 1st try. So its a nautral reaction to think, what if I'm one of the ones thats going to have a harder time..

So glad to have found this forum - I now feel its's not just me that feels this way.

My folks took 10 years and many m/c to have me and I've always thought I would be the same. I've been able to push it out of my mind until we started TTC, but now....!

I'm with ladygagafan - I loved the older thread with everyone feeling they would never get their BFP and now they (almost) all have kids!

It WILL happen for us too! Fx crossed and lashings of baby dust!

You're definitely not alone, after 6 months my wife and I are both trying not to think it but its there. I went and got tested today and am waiting for results.

We have just come to the conclusion that if it doesn't happen after a year then we'll assume its not meant to be and spend life drinking champagne and going on trips. ;)

I think maybe because we want it so much, deep down I feel that I just wont be that lucky - hope that makes sense!:sad1:[/QUOTE]

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Granted I my hubby and I just started trying this past month and I have absolutely no reason to think any negative thoughts, I just want it sooo badly that I feel like it isn't possible that I will get it.

I know I am being ridiculous and I am not "worried" about it but I know where you are coming from.

I feel like that quite often but I just try to push it out of my mind. My OH thinks he may have something wrong with him too but I tell him to stop thinking like that.

Since I was a child all I wanted to be was a wife and mother but always had the fear that it wouldnt happen. I too look at each POAS and assume before the results show that it will be negative... and it always is:cry:

I now get a little annoyed when my friends or family say, "You have to stop thinking about it and stressing over it" How can I not think about it every single day????

It doesn't help that my DH has a child from his 1st marriage, who was conceived after the first try:wacko: So it furthers my fear that its ME!! I know DH deeply wants a child of our own too but at the end of the day he already has half of himself in the form of a child and I want the same. I love my stepson but I want a child that I conceived, carried, birthed and calls me mommy:cry:

I am sooo grateful for this thread because I have all these thoughts and feelings that I dont share aloud, for fear that someone may think Im crazy, and it feels so much better to read everyones similar stories and share my own.

hi ladies just wanted to invite you to my little forum thing, it's all about being positive and saying that you will get that bfp and what you tell yourself you will get in life, anyone is welcome to join here is the link

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...uck-thread-lets-see-many-bfps-we-can-get.html

I am so pleased I found Baby and Bump, I suddenly feel much more positive about being able to have a family of my own, and DH does too. Im realising that when I see pregnant women in the street (every day, everywhere!) I just dont know what they're journey has been and how long it has taken, all I see is a lovely big bump and its bring on the jealousy! :devil:

I cant wait to see all of our status's change to 'expecting' and am convinced this year is the year!

:sex: + :dust: = :bfp::happydance:

oops the first bit of my post didnt appear for some reason!

Just wanted to say that didnt expect the hear from so many of you when I started this thread, and that you have all made me feel much more positive -

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL YOU MOMMYS (AND DADDYS) IN WAITING!

Well, since starting this thread, we have had our BFP!

Im actually still in shock its all a bit surreal, but Im guessing the key to it was my hormones finally settling down and balancing out after using Agnus Castus for a few months. My spots have also gone so Agnus castus has been my saviour!

A big thank you to everyones words of encouragement, and I look forward to chatting to you in the pregnancy forums!

Congrats Jayneypops! Actually, looking back through the thread I see several women who posted an are now pregnant. It's encouraging :)

Sometimes I think I'll never conceive, just a bad gut feeling I have. But, I know that my husband is healthy, as am I, so I know it will eventually happen. I'm praying to God this is my month, starting to get impatient! Lol. Just gotta keep your head up and hope for the best.

WOW congrats!!! I'm a Newbie here and have some of the same scary thoughts some days...just want it soo bad and have since I was a little girl! Just afraid I guess....soo nice to see all the hopeful stories and cute little pregnancy tickers! Hope for all of us TTC soon too : )
Thanks for checking in and sharing!

Well, since starting this thread, we have had our BFP!

Im actually still in shock its all a bit surreal, but Im guessing the key to it was my hormones finally settling down and balancing out after using Agnus Castus for a few months. My spots have also gone so Agnus castus has been my saviour!

A big thank you to everyones words of encouragement, and I look forward to chatting to you in the pregnancy forums!

Btw, congratulations! :flower:

great news janeypop!!! this forum really helped me along :hugs:

Just wanted to step in and say YES!! ME! We are facing the one year of TTC next month if this month is out!

But oh gosh, congratulations on the news!! I read through that other ancient thread too and all of it helps to restore the hope! :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->