Does anyone else secretly think they will never get pregnant?

I think this is soo true especially now ive hit that 6 month marker and it still hasnt happened yet despite alll the best efforts and people around me still getting pg by accident im definately starting to wonder ...

I don't secretly think that, I'm fully aware that it could happen.

I know exactly how you feel! It's been months and I've yet to see one BFP. Don't give up, you'll be pregnant one day :)

hi, came across this thread and just wanted to add...my husband and I tried for 22 months. I literally said to him (many times!) "I'm barren! I just know it! My body is incapable of getting pregnant." And i couldn't imagine myself pregnant, it just felt so foreign to me. (well duh, of course it felt like that because i had never been pregnant before...But I took that feeling as a "gut" feeling that my body would never house a baby.) Anyway, I just wanted it so badly! I cried about it often. I was convincing myself that I'd never be pregnant...but here I am, 20 weeks into a healthy and complication free pregnancy!!

so the point is...those thoughts are normal and are not indicative of if you'll become pregnant or not. although we did need to use Clomid, it worked the first month! there are so many ways to assist you in getting pregnant if it doesnt happen on it's own. Good luck!!

I am so glad to find other ppl that understand how I feel. My hubby and I have been trying for a year and I seem to think that having kids is not in the cards for us. Of course I drive my husband nuts with talking about it. He sometimes gets a little angry with me about it and just wishes I would stop worrying. It just seems everyone around me is turning up pregnant.

yes I am definitly thinking that....almost 2 years and nothing.

It has taken us 8 months altogether although I didn't really know about 'peak times', ovulation etc in the first few so it took a bit of educating.
I honestly believe that without using the Clearblur fertility monitor and Agnus Castus we would have been trying for much longer. The monitor helped me identify the best days to TTC and the AC ensured mycycles were bang on every month.

You will get there ladies- now I'm just hoping I have no complications!!!

Babydust everyone!!!

I definitely feel it. It's been almost 2 years for us. I never thought as a 21 year old that I'd ever have problems with fertility.

I always had the gut feeling that getting pregnant and having children would be so easy. I was cocky about it even. Conceiving has not been my issue that bit was in a way quite easy but keeping hold of those little babies now that is the real challenge. I have fallen pg twice in the past year and am still trying to concieve #1. There is always hope ladies

i had the feeling i could never have kids, i have anxiety and it always gets the best of me, well a few weeks ago i got my bfp, but sadly had a chemical pregnanacy, i think someone out there was showing me that i can get pregnant, but at the right time, lots of baby dust ladies! xxx

Yeah I kinda think like that too. Everyone around me seems to get pregnant by accident or as planned straight away. Keep thinking this will be my month but never that surprised to get :bfn: :( currently 8 days late & still no AF, just want it over so we can start next month

yes i feel totally the same me and my fells been trying 11month and its starting to really get me down its all we want a baby of our own! it feels like the more we try the less likely im going to eva concieve i get so down about the fact its just not happening i feel like i will never be a mummy xx

I got to be a mummy for 3 months, but my little one was so very very sick, we were advised to unplug all his machines because he would be quadriplegic and brain damaged :-( in the end I couldn't cope with all the pressure and our fmily were not supportive and so he was adopted. His new mum thanked me when we met, for all the breast milk I had dutifully extracted for him for three months, but I feel like a big F for Fail. I sometimes believe that I will never be able o be pregnant again because I should be punished :-( it is very sad that i feel that way and I need to find a way out of it. I don't know if I will ever feel quite good about myself again until I have a baby and I give that baby all the things I could not give to my first.

i am totally feeling sh*t at the mo my af was 3 days late but came :(
now on to my 10th cycle and i feel like it never going to happen :( its not very fair

im having a laid back approach this month as it seems to work for everyone on here :) so i still got a little hope but deep down i think im not going to get pregnant with out help :(

miaowzen and doopersgurl, oyu both are wonderful women who will get the chance to be moms, i'm sure of it. Women with that much love will have a child to put it upon.

miaowzen, you have nothing and i mean nothing ot be punished for, ashamed for or anything of the sort. Your baby was very very sick, and you knew it was too hard to cope with and you did what was the absolute best for that baby. You should be proud of yourself and never think badly like that. You will be rewarded for your selfless decision, not punished.

Thanks alli. It's hard not to think negatively in secret. I didn't get my period back for more than six months afterwards and DH said he never wanted to try again at the time. Even now that we are finally trying again it's hard to imagine success and happiness, although I know I need to clean those demons out of the closet and come to terms with it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->